Total views : 53
More Results on Polygonal Sum Labeling of Graphs
Objectives: To explore and identify some new classes of graphs which exhibit polygonal sum labeling. Methods: In this article we use a methodology which fundamentally involves formulation and subsequent mathematical validation. Findings: Here we establish that the graphs – Star ( K1,n ), Coconut Tree, Bistar (Sm,n), the Graph S m n k Comb, (P n K 1) and Subdivision graph S(K 1,n) admit pentagonal, hexagonal, heptagonal, octagonal, nonagonal and decagonal sum labeling. Applications: One can explore to generalize these results and extend to give n-gonal labeling to some classes graphs. Sum labeling has already been used in the problems involving relational database management and hence one can try out to use polygonal sum labeling as well in these problems.
Bistar, Coconut Tree, Comb, Polygonal Sum Labeling, Star, Subdivision Graph.
- Harary F. Graph Theory. New Delhi: Narosa Publishing House; 2001.
- Burton DM. Elementary Number Theory. Brown Publishers; 1990.
- Amuthavalli K, Dineshkumar S. Some Polygonal Sum Labeling of Bistar. International journal of Scientific and Engineering Research. 2016; 7(5):1–5.
- Iannucci D, Mills D. Taylor on generalizing the Connell sequence. Journal of Integer sequences. 1999; 2.
- Murugesan S, Jayaraman D, Shiama J. Some Polygonal Sum Labeling of Paths. International journal of Computer Application. 2013; 62(5):30–34. Crossref
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.