Total views : 325
Phase Change Material with Thermal Energy Storage System and Its Applications: A Systematic Review
Objective: The purpose of this review leads to use of Energy conservation technologies. Methods: There are so many systems which are used for energy saving among them thermal storage system with Phase Change Material (PCM) is well known. In this review majority focuses on the human comforts. It was observed that maintaining the human comfort is the challenging task for living spaces like room, offices etc. such type of required energy which is satisfied by thermal storage PCM based system. If the Phase change materials are applied to building applications they can be used for peak load shifting in cool storage system. Findings: Development of the new techniques for getting thermal comfort for building (lowering the heating and cooling demand is required. Also it includes the expenses behind development, maintenance and installation. Moreover this review finds the effective phase change materials. Improvements: Such thermal storage system has a potential to replace the conventional methods but the effectiveness or efficiency of that system is less. So it is required improvement in the selection of thermal storage system and phase change material. Also this review presents the potential of the phase change material system.
Energy Conservation Technologies, Phase Change Materials, Space Heating and Cooling, Thermal Energy Storage System.
- Fernandez A, Martínez M, Segarra M, Martorell I, Cabeza L. Selection of materials with potential in sensible thermal energy storage. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells. 2010; 94(10):1723–29. Crossref
- Sharma A, Tyagi VV, Chen C, Buddhi D. Review on thermal energy storage with phase change materials and applications. Renewable and Sustainable energy reviews. 2009; 13(2):318–45. Crossref
- Markandeyulu T, Devanuri JK, Kumar KK. On the Suitability of Phase Change Material (PCM) for Thermal Management of Electronic Components. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(S1):1–4. Crossref
- Mary Anne White HD, Banu D, Feldman D. Heat storage systems based on ‘Latent heat storage in concrete II: McGraw-Hill; last modified. 2002 March; 2002:1–18.
- Subramaniam SB, Terison K, Sudhir K, Reddy Y. Thermal Analysis of Solar Flat Plate Collector using Phase Change Material. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(35):1–7. Crossref
- Sathishkumar A, Kathirkaman M, Ponsankar S, Balasuthagar C. Experimental Investigation on Solidification Behaviour of Water Base Nanofluid PCM for Building Cooling Applications. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(39):1–7. Crossref
- Arce P, Medrano M, Gil A, Oró E, Cabeza LF. Overview of Thermal Energy Storage (TES) potential energy savings and climate change mitigation in Spain and Europe. Applied Energy. 2011; 88(8):2764–74. Crossref
- Heier J, Bales C, Martin V. Combining thermal energy storage with buildings–a review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2015; 42(1):305–25. Crossref
- Zhang P, Ma Z, Wang R. An overview of phase change material slurries: MPCS and CHS. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2010; 14(2):598–614. Crossref
- Demirbas MF. Researcher of energy technology Trabzon, Turkey. Energy sources, part B. 2006; 1:85–95.
- Demirbaş A, Kara H. New options for conversion of vegetable oils to alternative fuels. Energy Sources, Part A. 2006; 28(7):619–26. Crossref
- Seppanen O, Fisk WJ, Faulkner D. Control of temperature for health and productivity in offices. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. 2004; p. 1–11.
- Bauer T, Tamme R, Christ M, Ottinger O, editors. PCMgraphite composites for high temperature thermal energy storage. Proceedings of ECOSTOCK. USA: Stockton: 10th International Conference on Thermal Energy Storage. 2006; p. 1–12.
- Kuznik F, Virgone J. Experimental assessment of a phase change material for wall building use. Applied Energy. 2009; 86(10):2038–46. Crossref
- Tyagi VV, Buddhi D. PCM thermal storage in buildings: a state of art. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2007; 11(6):1146–66. Crossref
- Soares N, Costa J, Gaspar A, Santos P. Review of passive PCM latent heat thermal energy storage systems towards buildings’ energy efficiency. Energy and buildings. 2013; 59:82–103.
- Moreno P, Sole C, Castell A, Cabeza LF. The use of phase change materials in domestic heat pump and airconditioning systems for short term storage: A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2014; 39:1–13. Crossref
- Abedin AH, Rosen MA. A critical review of thermochemical energy storage systems. The Open Renewable Energy Journal. 2011; 4(1):42–46. Crossref
- Ravikumar M, Srinivasan P. Natural Cooling of Building using Phase Change Material. International Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2008; 5(1):1–10.
- Heinz A, Streicher W, editors. Application of phase change materials and PCM-slurries for thermal energy storage. New Jersey: Proceedings of the ECOSTOC Conference, Session 12B-Transportation of Energy. 2006; p. 1–8.
- Demirbas MF. Thermal energy storage and phase change materials: an overview. Energy Sources, Part B: Economics, Planning, and Policy. 2006; 1(1):85–95. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.