Total views : 824
Analysis of Interoperability Services of Various DRM Schemes and Associations with Marlin Scheme
Objectives: The flaws in software create hackers to cross the security thread. The security can be provided with different schemes of DRM. In this paper numerous DRM schemes are discussed at different applications. While discussing traditional schemes the merits of merlin DRM are discussed to overcome the flaws in conventional DRM schemes. The main objective of this paper is to stress the importance of merlin DRM. Methods and Analysis: In the present paper different DRM schemes like Content Scrambling System, Certification, Code Mystification and their flaws are discussed to support and analysis present interoperability technique. To achieve interoperability Marlin DRM is discussed. Marlin DRM is also helpful in continuous stream of audio and video file. Along with other DRM schemes Marlin DRM are also discussed. Findings: The current DRM has debate with existing techniques. The Digital Rights management service providers are in high demand in digital media communication to protect the owner's copyright. But, still in many countries the DRM is under controversy to use or not in digital media. Apart from controversy, DRM is highly required to protect the owners respect and their intellectual property. The DRM also protects the knowledge and restrict anti-social elements to cross their limits in accessing the licenced file. Applications: Now a days many organizations especially movie industries and music fields are facing a big piracy problem. DRM can help in restricting others or hackers to access the licenced media file illegally.
Access Rights, Copyrights, DRM, Interoperability, Marlin DRM, Media Streaming.
- EC-Council: Computer Forensics: Investigating Network Intrusions and Cybercrime. Cengage Learning. Volume 4.
- Suresh Kumar N, Surya Chandra P, Krishna Santosh N and Revathi V. Effect of ICT Enabled Teaching Methodologies on Microprocessor and Interfacing Teaching. International Journal of Electronics, Computing and Engineering Education. 2011 June; 2(1):29-31.
- Suresh Kumar N, Rama Koti Reddy DV, Amarnadh S, Srikanth K, Heyma Raju Ch, Ajay Suresh Babu R, Naga Soujanya K. Modern Computer Graphics Technologies Used at Educational Programs and Some Graphical output screens. IJCSIS. 2010 June; 8(3):172-4.
- The DRM graveyard: A brief history of digital rights management in music by Ruth Suehle. Available from: https://opensource.com/life/11/11/drm-graveyard-briefhistorydigital-rights-management-music. Data accessed: 2011-11-03.
- Senthilkumar Rajasekaran, Arunkumar Thangavelu, Dhavachelvan P and Gunasekaran G. Query based k-DRM for Software Security. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(17):1-5. CrossRef.
- DVD CCA CSS License Agreement. Available from: http:// www.dvdcca.org/Documents/CSS_license_ver_1_2.pdf. Data accessed: 2017-04-15.
- Standardizing Information and Communication Systems. Standard ECMA-267. 120 mm DVD - Read-Only Disk. 3rd edition. 2001.
- Multi-Media Commands - 5 (Working Draft) T10/1675D. Available from: http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t= f&f=mmc5r04.pdf. Data accessed: 4, 2006-10-24.
- Bellare, Mihir. Public-Key Encryption in a Multi-user Setting: Security Proofs and Improvements. Springer Berlin Heidelberg: Proceedings of International Conference on the Theory and Applications of Cryptographic Techniques. 2000. p 259-74.
- Memorandum Order, in MPAA v. Reimerdes, Corley and Kazan. Electronic Frontier Foundation. New York. Available from: https://w2.eff.org/IP/Video/MPAA_DVD_ cases/?f=20000202_ny_memorandum_order.html. Data accessed: 2000-02-02.
- Security Engineering. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_engineering. Data accessed: 2017-04-15.
- Rights Management comes to the Enterprise. Available from: https://web.archive.org/web/20120821220931/, http://www.directionsonmicrosoft.com/sample/DOMIS/ update/2003/04apr/0403rmctte.htm. Data accessed: 201208-21.
- Windows Media Player DRM. Available from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/ windows?os=windows-7. Data accessed 2013-06-22.
- Ross J. Anderson. Copyright and DRM. WILEY Publication: Security Engineering. 2nd edition. 2008.
- Introducing D-Pin Purr v1.0 - 32bit Edition by Ionescu, Alex. Available from: http://www.alex-ionescu.com/?p=35. Data accessed: 2007-04-11.
- Hongxia Jin, Jeffery Lotspiech, Nimrod Megiddo. Efficient Traitor Tracing. (PDF). 2006. Publication Company: IBM Research Division. Data accessed: 2017-04-15.
- AACS Reference: Pre-recorded Video Book (PDF). Revision 0.91. Publication Company: Intel Corporation, International Business Machines Corporation, Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, Sony Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, The Walt Disney Company, Warner Bros. 2006 February 17.
- Open IPTV Forum - Toward an open IPTV standard (Portable Document Format). Ericsson. Available from: https://www.ericsson.com/res/thecompany/docs/publications/ ericsson_review/2007/1_OpenIPTVForum.pdf. Data accessed: 15 April 2017.
- Open IPTV joins HbbTV in connected telly love-in by Bill Ray (10 September 2012). The Register. Available from: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/09/10/iptv_testing/. Data accessed: 15 April 2017.
- The Open IPTV Forum Status & Future Directions - An Overview by Mitra, Nilo (15 August 2011). (Portable Document Format). World Wide Web Consortium. Available from: https://www.w3.org/2011/09/webtv/ papers/W3C_position_paper_OIPF_20110815_clean.pdf. Data accessed: 14 January 2013.
- Open IPTV Forum wants to set end-to-end IPTV standards by Anderson, Nate (20 March 2007). Ars Technica. Available from: https://arstechnica.com/business/2007/03/ open-iptv-forum-wants-to-set-end-to-end-iptv-standards/. Data accessed 12 January 2013.
- The DRM graveyard: A brief history of digital rights management in music. Available from: https://opensource.com/ life/11/11/drm-graveyard-brief-history-digital-rightsmanagementmusic. Data accessed: 2012-01-07.
- Suresh Kumar N, Rama Koti Reddy DV, Amarnadh S, Praveen Kumar S, Praveen MSS. Virtual Software to Design and Interface peripherals with different Microprocessors. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology. 2010; 2(5):1143-6.
- Indu I, Rubesh Anand PM and Shaicy P Shaji. Secure File Sharing Mechanism and Key Management for Mobile Cloud Computing Environment. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 December; 9(48):1-9.
- iTunes Plus DRM-free tracks expanding, dropping to 99 cents. Apple News from ARS Technica. Available from: https://arstechnica.com/apple/2007/10/itunes-plusdrmfree-tracks-expanding-dropping-to-99-cents/. Data accessed: 2007-10-16.
- Free, Legal and Ignored. WSJ.com (Wall Street Journal) by Nick Timeraos. 2006 July 6. Available from: https://www.wsj.com/india. Data accessed: 2006-11-27.
- Testing DRM-free waters: EMI selling a few MP3s through Yahoo Music. Ars Technica. by Eric Bangeman. Available from: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2006/12/8368/. Data accessed: 2006-12-06.
- Sunghyun Yun, Keun-Ho Lee, Heuiseok Lim and Daeryong Kim. The Collective Copyright Authentication Scheme Merging Collaborators' Rights on the Wisdom Contents. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Sept; 9(35):1-7. CrossRef.
- Musicload: 75% of customer service problems caused by DRM by Ken Fisher. Ars Technica. Available from: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2007/03/75-percentcustomerproblems-caused-by-drm/. Data accessed: 2007-03-20.
- Mallikharjuna Rao K, Anuradh K. An Efficient Method for Software Reliability Growth Model Selection Using Modified Particle Swarm Optimization Technique. Praise Worthy Prize Publisher: International Review on Computers and Software. 2015 Dec; 10(12):1169-78.
- Rao K Mallikharjuna, Anuradha Kodali. An Efficient Method for Parameter Estimation of Software Reliability Growth Model Using Artificial Bee Colony Optimization. Springer Lecture Notes on Computer Science. 2015; 8947:765-76. CrossRef.
- Who Controls Your Television? Electronic Frontier Foundation. Available from: https://w2.eff.org/IP/DVB/ dvb_briefing_paper.php. Data accessed: 2008-01-01.
- Marlin - the content sharing platform for consumer devices and multimedia services. Available from: http://www.Marlin-community.com. Date accessed: 2012-09-28.
- Marlin DRM. Available from: http://www.intertrust.com/ technologies/core_drm/nemo. Date accessed: 28/09/2012.
- Your privacy is important to us. We want to be transparent and offer you the right to refuse certain type of cookies. Available from: http://www.philips.co.uk/#/overview. Date Accessed: 2012-09-28.
- Marlin DRM. Available from: http://www.intertrust. com/technologies/core_drm/octopus. Date accessed: 28/09/2012.
- Marlin DRM. Available from: https://www.intertrust.com/ marlin-drm/. Date accessed: 11/04/2017.
- Mallikharjuna Rao K, Anuradha K. Performance Evaluation of Software Reliability Growth Models Using Evolutionary Algorithms. Pittsburgh, USA: International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS). 2016 November; 14(11):355-62.
- Rao KM, Anuradha K. A Hybrid Method for Parameter Estimation of Software Reliability Growth Model Using Modified Genetic Swarm Optimization with the aid of Logistic Exponential Testing Effort Function. IEEE Proceedings of International Conference on Research Advances in Integrated Navigation Systems (RAINS). 2016; p. 82-9. CrossRef.
- Anuradha K. et al. A New Method to Optimize the Reliability of Software Reliability Growth Models using Modified Genetic Swarm Optimization. USA: International Journal of Computer Applications. 2016 July; 145(5):1-8.
- Rao KM. et al. An Efficient Method for Enhancing Reliability and Selection of Software Reliability Growth Model through Optimization Techniques. Finland: IAP Publishers: Journal of Software. 2017 January; 12(1).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.