Total views : 148
Coverage Analysis of Multi-User Multi-Antenna System with Spatial Combining
Objective: To provide coverage analysis of Multi-user Multi-antenna systems with spatial combining. Specifically, our objective is to analyze the coverage probability of uplink communication where a base station equipped with multiple antennas is communicating with many single antenna mobile stations via independent Rayleigh fading channels. Methods: We formulate the outage probability by utilizing the expression for the Signal-to-Interference-Noise-Ratio (SINR). The SINR expression is a function of channel vector, spatial combining vector, number of users and the noise power. Findings: The coverage probability is then obtained as the complementary of outage probability. Monte-Carlo simulations are presented by varying number of base station antenna size, the number of users and the noise power. This analysis provides a framework for system designers to set the system parameters in order to achieve the desired coverage performance. Results: The results show that the coverage probability decreases by increasing the number of users and the noise power. On the other hand, the coverage probability increases as the size of base station antenna increases.
Co-Channel Inferences, Coverage Probability, Multi-User MIMO, SINR, Spatial Combining.
- Webb W. Wireless Communications. The Future. New York, NY, USA; Wiley Publication: 2007.
- Spencer QH, Peel CB, Swindlehurst AL, Haardt M. An introduction to the Multi-User MIMO downlink. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2004 Oct; 42(10):60–7. Crossref
- Stankovic V, Haardt M. Novel linear and non-linear MultiUser MIMO downlink preceding with improved diversity and capacity. Proc of the 16th Meeting of the Wireless World Research Forum (WWRF); Shanghai, China. 2006. p. 1–7.
- Farrokhi FR, Foschini GJ, Lozano A, Valenzuela RA. Link-optimal BLAST processing with multiple-access interference. Conference of 52nd Vehicular Technology IEEE-VTS Fall; Boston, MA. 2000; 1:87–91.
- Blum RS. MIMO capacity with interference. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. 2003 Jun; 21(5):1801–11. Crossref
- Heath RW, Airy M, Paulraj AJ. Multiuser diversity for MIMO wireless systems with linear receivers. Conference Record of Thirty-Fifth Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers; Pacific Grove, CA, USA. 2001; 2:1194–9. Crossref
- Knopp R, Humblet PA. Information capacity and power control in single-cell multiuser communications. IEEE International Conference on ‘Gateway to Globalization. ICC ‘95; Seattle, WA. 1995; 1:331–5. Crossref
- Viswanath P, Tse DN, Laroia R. Opportunistic beam forming using dumb antennas. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. 2002 Jun; 48(6):1277–94. Crossref
- Liew TH, Hanzo L. Space-time codes and concatenated channel codes for wireless communications.
- Proceedings of the IEEE; 2002 Feb; 90(2):187–219. Crossref
- Liu L, Jafarkhani H. Application of quasi-orthogonal space-time block codes in beam forming. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2005 Jan; 53(1):54–63. Crossref
- Xie W, Cao JN, Yang R. Design and analysis of low complexity quasi-orthogonal space-time block code. 4th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications; Xi’an. 2009. p. 3848–52. Crossref
- Tarokh V, Seshadri N, Calderbank AR. Space-time codes for high data rate wireless communication: Performance criterion and code construction. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. 1998 Mar; 44(2):744–65. Crossref
- Hwang KC, Lee KB. Efficient weight vector representation for closed-loop transmit diversity. IEEE Transactions on Communications. 2004 Jan; 52(1):9–16. Crossref
- Thoen S, Perre VL, Gyselinckx B, Engels M. Performance analysis of combined transmit-SC/receive-MRC. IEEE Transactions on Communications. 2001 Jan; 49(1):5–8.Crossref
- Simon MK, Alouini MS. A compact performance analysis of generalized selection combining with independent but non-identically distributed Rayleigh fading paths. IEEE Transactions on Communications. 2002 Sep; 50(9):1409–12. Crossref
- Zogas DA, Karagiannidis GK, Kotsopoulos SA. Equal Gain Combining over Nakagami-n (Rice) and Nakagami-q (Hoyt) generalized fading channels. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2005 Mar; 4(2):374–9. Crossref
- Sollenberger NR. Diversity and automatic link transfer for a TDMA wireless access link. Global Telecommunications Conference GLOBECOM, Technical Program Conference Record, IEEE; Houston, TX. 1993; 1:532–6. Crossref
- Guiazon RF, Wong KK, Fitch M. Capacity distribution for interference alignment with CSI errors and its applications. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2016 Jan; 15(1):1–10. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.