Total views : 898
Two Methods for Simultaneous Calibration of Four Phase Plates
Objectives: Phase plates are optical polarization elements widely used in applications and measurements of polarized light. This work is concerned with the calibration of four phase plates simultaneously. Method /Analysis: Two methods are employed for calibrating the plates based on a previously presented model for simultaneous calibration of two plates without the need for a standard plate. Analysis of the results and the used mathematical expressions are quite simple. Findings: The four mica plates were found to have retardances and birefringence in agreement with previously published data of muscovite mica. Application / Improvements: The work provides simple and time saving methods for the calibration of phase plates. It also allows for calibrating samples of small retardances which are difficult to calibrate accurately using other methods.
Birefringence, Calibration, Phase Plates, Retardance
- Nagib NN. New formulas for phase retardance measurements of birefringent plates. Opt. Laser Technol. 1999; 31:309–13. Crossref.
- Nagib NN, Khodier SA. Applications of the Poincaré sphere in polarization metrology. Opt. Laser Technol. 2000; 32:373–7. Crossref.
- Nagib NN, Mahmoud NA. On the theory of simultaneous retardance measurement of two phase plates. Optik. 2016; 127:5597–602. Crossref.
- El-Bahrawi MS, Nagib NN, Khodier SA, Sidki HM.Birefringence of muscovite mica. Opt. Laser Technol. 1998; 30:411–5. Crossref.
- Nagib NN. Phase retardometer: a proposed device for measuring phase retardance. Appl. Opt. 2000; 39:2078–80. Crossref.
- Nagib NN. Four-measurement technique for elimination of errors in phase plates calibration. Meas. Sci. Technol. 2004; 15:1166–74. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.