Total views : 138
Performance Analysis of Data Transmission over Wireless VOIP using Wavelets
Objectives: To analyze the performance of wireless VOIP system using wavelets. Method: In this paper a Wavelet based Data (Image, Audio and Video) Transmission System for wireless VOIP is proposed. The performance of each wavelet in this proposed system is analyzed on the basis of SNR, PSNR, RMSE, PRSE and Compression ratio. Packet Loss and Delay is also evaluated to analyze transmission capabilities. All these parameters are evaluated for the proposed system without using wavelets and with using different wavelets. Findings: The simulation results shows that the proposed system gives enhanced performance by using different wavelets when compared by without using wavelets. Finally, the Daubechies family has shown better results when compared with its counterpart’s. Applications: This wavelet based proposed system can used for high speed 4G / 5G IP based systems.
QOS (Quality of Service), Signal Processing, Simulation, Soft Computing, Wavelets, Wireless VOIP
- Srinivasan P, Jamieson LH. High Quality Audio Compression using an Adaptive Wavelet Packet decomposition and Psychoacoustic Modelling. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 1998 April; 46(4):1085-93. Crossref
- Hilton ML, Ogden RT. Data Analysis Wavelet Threshold Selection in Two Dimensional Signal De-noising. IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Learning.1999; 11:674-93.
- Wook S, Cheol Y, Youn D. Speech Quality Measures for VOIP using Wavelet based Bark Coherence Function, Eurospeech Scandinavia. 2001; p. 9-22.
- Ding L, Rafik A, Goubran. Speech Quality Prediction in VOIP Using the Extended E-Model. 2003; p. 1-5.
- Zhong-bo L, Tao T, Sheng-hui Z, Jing-ming K. Wavelet Transform Based Adaptive Playout Algorithm for VOIP.
- ; p. 117-21.
- Li FF. Speech Intelligibility of VOIP to PSTN Interworking-A Key Index For the QoS. Printed and Published by the IEE (The institute of Electrical Engineers). 2004; p. 104-08.
- Kawata T, Shin S, Andrea G. Forte Henning Schulzrinne, Using Dynamic PCF to Improve the Capacity for VoIP Traffic in IEEE 802.11 Networks. 2005; 3:1589-95.
- Aggarwal C, Olshefski D, Saha D, Shae ZY, Yu P. CSR.Speaker Recognition from Compressed VOIP Packet Stream-IBM Research Report, RC23499(W0501-090).2009 January; 3(1):1-4.
- Wang C, Wu Q. Information Hiding in Real-Time VOIP Streams, ninth IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia. 2007; p. 255-62. Crossref
- Haq IU, Yahya KM, Hassan GM, Jadoon TM. Analysis of VOIP by Using Different Vacoders in IEEE 802.11b Wireless Networks. Kust, Kohat, NWFP, Pakistan: Proceedings of the 1st National Conference on Security, Computing and Communications. 2008; p. 84-7.
- Tian H, Zhou K, Jiang H, Huang Y, Liu J, Feng D. An Adaptive Steganography Scheme for Voice over IP IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems. 2009; p. 1-6.
- Mondal A, Huang C, Li J, Jain M, Kuzmanovic A. A Case for WiFi Relay: Improving VoIP Quality for WiFi Users.
- ; p. 1.
- Sifuzzaman M, Islam MR, Ali MZ. Application of Wavelet Transform and its Advantages Compared to Fourier Transform, Journal of Physical Sciences. 2009; 13:121-34.
- Kazemitabar H, Ahmed S, Nisar K, Said AB, Hasbullah HB.A Comprehensive review on VOIP over Wireless LAN networks, Computer Science Letters. www.csl.issres.net. 2010 September; 2(2):1-16.
- Tang J, Cheng Y. Quick Detection of Stealthy SIP Flooding Attacks in VOIP Networks. Japan: Kyoto: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communication. June; 2011; p. 1-5. Crossref
- Rekik S, Guerchi D, Selouani SA, Hamam H. Speech steganography using wavelet and Fourier Transforms.
- EURASIP Journal on Audio, Speech, and Music Processing.A Springer Open Journal. 2012; 2012:20.
- Philipa I, Idigo VE, James A. Modelling and Simulation of Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP). International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT). 2012 April; 1(4):225-33.
- Ganiga R, Muniyal B, Pradeep. International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887). 2012 June; 50(11): 25-31.
- Pan Y, Chung J, Zhang Z. Analysis of Performance of VoIP Over various scenarios OPNET 14.0, Final Report Group 11, SFU, Spring. 2012; p. 1-29.
- Dubey A. Quality of Service (QoS) in Wireless Network and NS-3, VOIP Simulation Environment, InternationalJournal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE). 2012 November; 2(5):1-6.
- Milind U, Nemade, Satish K, Shah. Performance Comparison of Single Channel Speech Enhancement Techniques for Personal Communication, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2013 March; 1(1):1-4.
- Kim J, Niyaz Q, Javaid AY. Performance Evaluation of VoIP Broadcasting over LTE for Varying Speeds and Distances of Mobile Nodes. IEEE International Symposium on Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting. 2014; p.1-5. Crossref
- RT, Sunitha BP. Speech Signal Coding for VOIP Applications Using Wavelet Packet Transform. International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research (IJSETR).2015 January; 4(1):766-69.
- Ray M, Chandra M, Patil BP. Speech Coding Techniques for VoIP Applications: A Technical Review. World Applied Sciences Journal. 2015; 33(5):736-43.
- Faghihi E, Sadeghi ME, Behdadfar M. QoS Parameters Analysis in VoIP Network Using Adaptive Quality Improvement. IRAN: Tehran: Amirkabir University of Technology. 2015; p. 1-14. PMid:26654052
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.