Total views : 250
Roundness Error Study in Deep Hole Drilling of Cold Mold Steel 718
Objective: The objective of this study is to investigate the experimental results of roundness error of machined holes using deep hole drilling process. The machining parameters include feed rate (f), spindle speed (s), depth of hole (d) and Minimum Quantity Lubrication MQL, (m). The work piece and tool material used in this study are Cold Mold Steel 718 and High Speed Steel, HSS (5mm diameter) with twist drill bit respectively. After that, to evaluate the quality of holes the roundness error has been used as machining performance. Method: A systematic approached based on Design of Experiment (DoE) was executed using Full Factorial design with added center point. Finding: Analysis of variance (ANOVA) was applied to the results to check the significance of the model. From the ANOVA analysis indicate that the model is significant for a confidence level of 0.05 or 95%.
ANOVA, Cold Mold Steel 718, Deep Hole Drilling, Roundness Error.
- Aized T, Amjad M. Quality improvement of deep-hole drilling process of AISI D2. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2013 Dec 1; 69(912):2493–503. Crossref
- Biermann D, Iovkov I, Blum H, Rademacher A, Taebi K, Suttmeier FT, Klein N. Thermal aspects in deep hole drilling of aluminium cast alloy using twist drills and MQL. Procedia CIRP. 2012 Dec 31; 3:245–50. Crossref
- Buragohain M, Mahanta C. A novel approach for ANFIS modelling based on full factorial design. Applied Soft Computing. 2008 Jan 31; 8(1):609–25. Crossref
- Çaydaş U, Hasçalik A. Modeling and analysis of electrode wear and white layer thickness in die-sinking EDM process through response surface methodology. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2008 Oct 1; 38(11-12):1148–56. Crossref
- Çiçek A, Kıvak T, Samtaş G. Application of Taguchi method for surface roughness and roundness error in drilling of AISI 316 stainless steel. Strojniški vestnik-Journal of Mechanical Engineering. 2012 Mar 15; 58(3):165–74.
- Çiçek A, Kıvak T, Ekici E. Optimization of drilling parameters using Taguchi technique and response surface methodology (RSM) in drilling of AISI 304 steel with cryogenically treated HSS drills. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing. 2015 Apr 1; 26(2):295–305. Crossref
- Chin DH, Yoon MC, Sim SB. Roundness modeling in BTA deep hole drilling. Precision engineering. 2005 Apr 30; 29(2):176–88. Crossref
- Chin JH. Roundness errors in BTA drilling and a model of waviness and lobing caused by resonant forced vibrations of its long drill shaft. AMC. 2004 Aug 1; 2:14.
- Deng CS, Chin JH. Hole roundness in deep-hole drilling as analysed by Taguchi methods. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2005 Mar 1; 25(5):420–6. Crossref
- Deris AM, Zain AM, Sallehuddin R. Overview of support vector machine in modeling machining performances. Procedia Engineering. 2011 Jan 1; 24:308–12. Crossref
- Hayajneh MT. Hole quality in deep hole drilling. Materials and Manufacturing Processes. 2001 Mar 31; 16(2):147–64. Crossref
- Heinemann R, Hinduja S, Barrow G, Petuelli G. Effect of MQL on the tool life of small twist drills in deep-hole drilling. International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture. 2006 Jan 31; 46(1):1–6. Crossref
- Kivak T, Habali K, Şeker U. The effect of cutting paramaters on the hole quality and tool wear during the drilling of Inconel 718. Gazi University Journal of Science. 2012; 25(2):533–40.
- Luis CJ, Puertas I, Villa G. Material removal rate and electrode wear study on the EDM of silicon carbide. Journal of materials processing technology. 2005 May 15; 164:889–96. crossref
- Noordin MY, Venkatesh VC, Sharif S, Elting S, Abdullah A. Application of response surface methodology in describing the performance of coated carbide tools when turning AISI 1045 steel. Journal of materials processing technology. 2004 Jan 1; 145(1):46–58. Crossref
- Rahman AA, Mamat A, Wagiman A. Effect of machining parameters on hole quality of micro drilling for brass. Modern Applied Science. 2009 Apr 13; 3(5):221. Crossref
- Sen M, Shan HS. Analysis of roundness error and surface roughness in the electro jet drilling process. Materials and manufacturing processes. 2006 Jan 1; 21(1):1–9. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.