Total views : 169
Online Application of Printed Jawi Character Recognition
Objectives: In this paper, a system of extracting moment feature based on online system for printed Jawi character recognition was presented. This application was built using PHP programming language. Methods/Analysis: We tested this application by transforming the character into condition: rotating and scaling. We rotated the image character by using 45, 90, 180, and 270 of degree and we scaled by using 2, 3, 4, and 5 scaling factor. Findings: Generally, the online application was able to extract moment invariant feature from a character. This system has around 93.24% suscessful rate of scaling character and 92.98% of rotating character. Novelty/Improvement: This research is the first research of Jawi character recognition for online application.
Jawi Character Recognition, Moment Feature, Moment Invariant, Online OCR.
- Arnia F, Munadi K, Fardian F, Muchallil S. Improvement of binarization performance by applying dct as preprocessing procedure. IEEE Press: Proceedings of 2014 6th International Symposium on Communications, Control, and Signal Processing, ICCSP 2014. 2014; p. 128–32.
- Muchallil S, Arnia F, Munadi K, Fardian. Performance comparison of denoising methods for historical documents. Jurnal Teknologi. 2015; 77(22):137–43.
- Fardian F, Arnia F, Muchallil S, Munadi K. Identification of most suitable binarisation methods for acehnese ancient manuscripts restoration software user guide. Jurnal Teknologi. 2015; 77(22):95–102. Crossref.
- Razak Z, Rosli S, Mashkuri Y. Hardware Design of On-Line Jawi Character Recognition Chip using Discrete Wavelet Transform. Proceedings 2005 Eighth International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition. 2005; p. 91–5.
- Razak Z, Zulkiflee K, Noor NM, Salleh R, Yaacob M. Off-line handwritten Jawi character segmentation using histogram normalization and sliding window approach for hardware implementation. Malaysian Journal of Computer Science. 2009; 22(1):34–43.
- Nasrudin MF, Petrou M, Kotoulas L. Jawi character recognition using the trace transform. 2010 Seventh International Conference on Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualization (CGIV). 2010; p. 151–6. Crossref.
- Nasrudin MF, Petrou M. Offline handwritten Jawi recognition using the trace transform. 2011 International Conference on Pattern Analysis and Intelligent Robotics (ICPAIR). 2011; p. 87–91. Crossref.
- Moain AJ, Pustaka DB. Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka: Perancangan bahasa: sejarah aksara Jawi. 1996.
- Nasrudin MF, Omar K, Zakaria MS, Yeun LC. Handwritten cursive Jawi character recognition: a survey. 2008 CGIV’08 Fifth International Conference on Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualisation. 2008; p. 247–56. Crossref
- Omar K. Universiti Putra Malaysia: Jawi handwritten text recognition using multi-level classifier. PhD Thesis. 2000.
- Manaf M. Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia: Jawi handwritten text recognition using recurrent bama neural networks. PhD Thesis. 2002.
- Yang T-N, Wang S-D. A rotation invariant printed Chinese character recognition system. Pattern Recognition Letters. 2001; 22(2):85–95. Crossref.
- Kunte RS, Samuel RDS. A simple and efficient optical character recognition system for basic symbols in printed Kannada text. Sadhana. 2007; 32(5):521–33. Crossref.
- Lacrama DL, Snep I. The use of invariant moments in hand-written character recognition. 2009. arXiv Prepr arXiv09043650.
- Iqbal A, Musa ABM, Tahsin A, Sattar MA, Islam MM, Murase K. A Novel Algorithm for Translation, Rotation and Scale Invariant Character Recognition. SCIS & ISIS. 2008; p. 1367–72.
- Kharma NN, Ward RK. A novel invariant mapping applied to hand-written Arabic character recognition. Pattern Recognition. 2001; 34(11):2115–20. Crossref.
- Saddami K, Munadi K, Arnia F. A database of printed Jawi character image. IEEE Press: Proceedings of 2015 3rd International Conference on Image Information Processing, ICIIP 2015. 2015; p. 56–9. Crossref.
- Shih FY. New Jersey: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.: Image Processing and Pattern Recognition: Fundamentals and Techniques. 2010. Crossref.
- Hu M-K. Visual pattern recognition by moment invariants. IRE Transactions on Information Theory. 1962; 8(2):179–87.
- Gonzalez RC, Woods RE, Eddins SL. New Jersey: Pearson Prantice Hall: Digital Image Processing Using Matlab. 2004.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.