Total views : 89
Hybrid Image Encryption Technique to Improve the Security Level by using (n, k, p) Gray Code and XOR Operation
Objectives: To enhance the performance of decomposition encryption methods, a modified image encryption technique is utilized in (n, k, p) Gray coding exhibit the application of (n, k, p) Gray coding in the encryption of images. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: We proposed a revised algorithm based on image encryption that improves the level of security for available (n, k, p) based bit plane decomposition encryption technique. The proposed hybrid methods starts with bit-plane decomposition of (n, k, p) Gray coding then shuffling each bit plane using random scrambling finally pixel substitution based on X-OR Operation. Findings: The experimental results and comparison demonstrates that proposed encryption algorithm have best performance in image encryption. Applications/Improvements: This algorithm could be utilized for securing protection in biological traits, imaging systems in medical field and digital video surveillance system. Our next plan will additionally enhance and examine the execution of (n, k, p)-Gray coding for data hiding and picture de-noising.
Bit-Plane Decomposition, Image Encryption, (n, k, p)-Gray Code, Pixel Permutation, X-OR.
- Ozturk I and Sogukpınar I. Analysis and comparison of image encryption algorithms. Transactions on Engineering, Computing and Technology. 2004; 3:1305-5313.
- Tamilselvi R, Ravindran G. Image encryption using pseudo random bit generator based on logistic maps with radon transform. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(11):1-7. Crossref.
- Potdar V and Chang E. Disguising text cryptography using image cryptography. UK: International Network Conference in Plymouth. 2004 6 - 9 July.
- Li X, Knipe J and Cheng H. Image Compression and Encryption Using Tree Structures. Pattern Recognition Letters. 1997; 18(8):2439-51.
- Zhang G and Liu Q. A novel image encryption method based on total shuffling scheme. Optics Communications. 2011; 284:2775-80. Crossref.
- Zhang Y, Xia J, Cai P and Chen B. Plaintext related twolevel secret key image encryption scheme. TELKOMNIKA. 2012; 10:1254-62. Crossref.
- Wang X and He G. Cryptanalysis on a novel image encryption method based on total shuffling scheme. Optics Communications. 2011; 284:5804-07. Crossref.
- Eslami Z and Bakhshandeh A. An improvement over an image encryption method based on total shuffling. Optics Communications. 2013; 286:51-5. Crossref.
- Yicong Zhou, Karen Panetta, Sos Agaian, Philip Chen CL. (n, k, p)-Gray Code for Image Systems. IEEE Transactions On Cybernetics. 2013 April; 43(2):515-29. Crossref PMid:22922727.
- Guan D-J. Generalized Gray code with applications. Proceedings of the National Science Council, ROC(A). 1998; 22(6):841-8.
- Sankar KJ, Pandharipande VM and Moharir PS. Generalized Gray codes. Proceedings of International ISPACS. 2004; p. 654-9.
- Ben-Artzi G, Hel-Or H and Hel-Or Y. The Gray-code filter kernels. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. 2007 Mar; 29(3):382-93. Crossref PMid:17224610.
- Tseng H-W and Chang C-C. Anti-pseudo-gray coding for VQ encoded images over noisy channels. IEEE Communications Letters. 2007 May; 11(5):443-5. Crossref.
- Chen W-S, Chih K-H, Shih S-W and Hsieh C-M. Personal identification technique based on human IRIS recognition with wavelet transform. Proceedings of IEEE ICASSP. 2005; 2:949-52.
- Ding W, Yan W and Qi D. Digital image scrambling. Progress in Natural Science. 2001; 11(6):454-60.
- Nasir I, Ying W and Jianmin J. A new robust watermarking scheme for color image in spatial domain. Proceedings of 3rd International IEEE Conference on SITIS. 2007; p. 9427. Crossref.
- Erturk S. Locally refined Gray-coded bit-plane matching for block motion estimation. Proceedings of 3rd ISPA. 2003; 1:128-33. Crossref.
- Ko S-J, Lee S-H, Jeon S-W and Kang E-S. Fast digital image stabilizer based on Gray-coded bit-plane matching. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics. 1999 Aug; 45(3):598-603. Crossref.
- Jawad Ahmad and Fawad Ahmed. Efficiency Analysis and Security Evaluation of Image Encryption Schemes International Journal of Video and Image Processing and Network Security IJVIPNS-IJENS. 2012; 12(04).
- Yue Wu, Joseph P Noonan and Sos Agaian, NPCR and UACI Randomness Tests for Image Encryption Cyber Journals: Multidisciplinary Journals in Science and Technology. Journal of Selected Areas in Telecommunications (JSAT), April Edition. 2011.
- Roy S, Sadhukhan S, Sadhu S, Bandyopadhyay SK. A novel approach towards development of hybrid image Steganography using DNA sequences. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22):1-7. Crossref.
- Leila Habibpour, Shamim Yousefi, Mina Zolfi Lighvan, Hadi S Aghdasi. 1D Chaos- based Image Encryption Acceleration by using GPU. 2016 Feb; 9(6).
- Aloha Sinha, Kehar Singh. A technique for image encryption using digital signature. Optics Communications. 2003; 218(4-6):229-34.
- Saravana Kumar G, Parthasarathy V, Praveen Kumar E, Thiyagarajan S, Siva Saravana Babu S, Sudhakar S. A Comprehensive Compression and Encryption Scheme for Secured Medical Images Communication. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 April; 9(16).
- Chen G, Mao Y and Chui CK. A symmetric image encryption scheme based on 3D chaotic cat maps. Chaos Solitons Fractals. 2004 Jul; 21(3):749-61. Crossref.
- Pareek NK, Patidar V and Sud KK. Image encryption using chaotic logistic map. Image and Vision Computing. 2006 Sep; 24(9):926-34. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.