Total views : 234
Preparation of Nano Crystalline Zinc –Ferrite as Material for Micro Waves Absorption by Sol-Gel Methods
Objective: To prepare zinc ferrites materials and study the sintering effect on the structural and microwaves absorption in the X-band rang. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Zinc Ferrite nanoparticles have been prepared by using the sol-gel methods. The samples were sintered at three temperatures (400°C, 600 °C, 800 °C) for two hours. The spinal phase of zinc ferrite structure and crystallite size was examined by XRD spectrum, pattern show that nanoparticles structure exhibit mixed phase of ZnO and ZnFe2O4.Atomic force microscopy (AFM) was used to study the surface topography. AFM images reveal a uniform distribution of semispherical shaped nanostructure with average grain sizes ranging between (70.71 nm -92.03 nm). The microwave absorption in X-band rang was examined with a vector network analyzer (VNA). Findings/ Application: The maximum microwave absorbance at 9 GHz for sample sintering at 800 °C with narrow bandwidth (8.5- 9.5 GHz). The minimum the attenuation coefficient is less than -15 dB with absorber thickness (1.2 cm) for all samples.
Magnetic Materials, Microwave Absorption, Sol-Gel Method
- Willard M, Kurihara L, Carpenter E, Calvin S, Harris V.Chemically prepared magnetic nanoparticles. International Materials Reviews.2004; 49(3-4):125–70. Crossref
- Peng C, Hwang C, Wan J, Tsai J, Chen S. Microwaves absorbing characteristic for the composites of thermal plastic polyurethane(TPU) bonded NiZn ferrites prepared by combustion synthesis method. Materials Science and engineering.2007; B117:27–36.
- Sivakumar M, Takami T, Lkuta H, Towata A, . Yausi K, Tuziuti T, Kozuka T, Bhattacharya D, Lida Y. Fabrication of zinc ferrite nanocrystals by sonochemical emulsification and evaporation :observation of magnetization and its relaxation at low temperature . Journal. Phys. Chem. B. 2006; 110:15234–43. Crossref
- Zahi S. Synthesis, Permeability and Microstructure of the optimal Nickel –Zinc Ferrites by Sol-Gel route. Journal Electromagnetic Analysis & Applications. 2010; l-2:56–62.
- Hariani P, Faizal M, Marsi R, Setiabudidaya D. Synthesis and properties of Fe3O4 nanoparticles by Co-precipitation method to removal Procion Dye. International Journal of Environmental Science and Development. 2013; 4(3):336– 40. Crossref
- Yang H, Zhang X, Huang C, Yang W, Qiu G. Synthesis of ZnFe2O4nanocrystallites by mechanochemical reaction . Journal of Physics and chemistry of Solids. 2004; 65:1329– 32. Crossref
- Sinthiya M, Ramamurthi K, Mathuri S, Manimozhi T, Kumaresan N, Margoni M, Karthika P. Synthesis of Zinc Ferrite(ZnFe2O4) Nanoparticles with different agent. International Journal of chem. Tech research. 2015; 7(5):2144–9.
- Xu H, Chen X, Chen L, LiL, Xu L, Yang J, Qian Y.A Comparative study of nanoparticles and nanospheres ZnFe2O4 as anode material for Lithium Ion Batteries.
- International Journal Electrochem Sci. 2012; 7:7976–83.
- Takayama A, Okyua M, Kaneko S. Spray pyrolysis deposition of Ni Zn ferrite thin films. Solid State Ionics. 2004; 172(1-4):257260. Crossref
- Gatelyte A, Jasaitis D, Beganskiene A, Kareva A. Sol-Gel Synthesis and Characterization of selected transition metal Nano-Ferrites. Materials Science. 2011; 17(3):302–7.
- Rezende M, Martin I, Faez R, Miacci M, Nohara E. Radar Cross Section Measurement 8-12 GHz of magnetic and dielectric Microwave Absorbing thin sheets. Revista de FiscaAplicadaInstrumentacao. 2002; 15(1):24–9.
- Live I. International Conference on ferrites. 3rd ed. Japan: 1980. p. 155.
- Natio Y. Electromagnetic wave absorbing properties of carbon-rubber doped with ferrite. Electronics & Communication in Japan. Part 2. 1988; 71(7):77. Crossref 14. Kingery W, Uhmann D, Bowen H. Introduction to ceramic. 2nd ed. New York: John wiley and son; 1976.
- Chen L, Ong C, Neo C. Microwaves electronics measurement and materials Characterization. John Wiley &
- Sons,Ltd; 2004. p. 552. Crossref
- Bangale S, Khetre S, Bamane S. Synthesis characterization and hydrophilic properties of nanocrystalline ZnFe2O4 oxide. Scholars Research Library. 2011; 3(4):471–9.
- Slatineanu T, Iordan A, Palamaru M, Caltun O, Gaftonand V, Leontie L. Synthesis and characterization of nanocrystalline Zn ferrites substituted with Ni. Materials Research Bulletin. 2011; 46:1455–60. Crossref
- Xavier S, Thankachan S, Jacob B, Mohammed E. Effect of sintering temperature on the structure and magnetic properties of cobalt ferrite nanoparticles. Nanosystems: Physic; Chemistry; Mathematic. 2013; 4(3):430–7.
- Sivagurunathan P, Sathiyamurthy K. Effect of temperature on structureal, Morphological and Magnetic properties of Zinc ferrite Nanopaticles. Candian Chemical Transactions. 2016; 4(2):244–54.
- Sutka A, Mezinski G, Pludons A, Lagzdin S. Characterization of sol –gel auto combustion derived spinel ferrite nanomaterials.Energetika. 2010; 56(3-4):254–9.
- Wang X, Gong R, Li P, Liu L, Cheng W. Effects of aspect ratio and particle size on the microwave properties of Fe-Cr-Si-Al alloy flakes. Materials Science and Engineering A. 2007; 466:178–82. Crossref
- Haijun Z, Zhichao L, Chengliang M, Xi Y, Liangying Z, Zhong W. Complex permittivity , Permeability microwave absorption of Zn and Ti substituted barium ferrite by citrate sol –gel process. Materials Science and Engineering B. 2002; 96:289–95. Crossref
- Ismael Z. Preparation and Study the Absorption Properties of Ferrite Oxides using Ceramic Method [M.Sc. Thesis].University of Al-Mustansiriya; 2014. p. 1–141.
- Kong I, Ahmad S, Abdullah M, Hui D. Magnetic and microwave absorbing properties of magnetite –thermoplastic natural rubber nanocomposites. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 2010; 322:3401–9. Crossref
- Kumar A, Agarwala V, Singh D. Effect of particle size of BaFe12O19 On the Microwave absorption characteristics in X-Band. Progress in Electromagnetic Research. 2013; 29:223–36. Crossref
- Chen N, Gu M. Microstructure and microwave absorption properties of Y-subtituted Ni-Zn Ferrites. Open Journal of Mata. 2012; 37:37–41. Crossref
- Mehdipour M, Shokrollahi H. Comparison of microwave absorption properties of SrFe12O19, SrFe12O19/ NiFe2O4, and NiFe2O4 particles. J.Appl.Phys. 2013; 114(4):043906. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.