Total views : 127
Male Nurse’s Nursing Professional Values
Objectives: To investigate nursing professional values of male nurses in South Korea. Methods: Data were collected on May, 2013 and a total of 150 male nurses who worked at hospital were recruited for this study. Nursing professional values were measured using a structured questionnaire. Collected data were analyzed using the SPSS 20.0 for windows. Results: Nursing professional values of subjects were statistically significantly different according to numbers of turnover (F = 3.21, p = .043). Conclusions: Consequently, for improving nursing professional values, it is necessary to develop a management plan in order to reduce the numbers of turnover of male nurses.
Male Nurse, Nursing Professional Values.
- Kim M, Kim SS, Choi K, Kim ES. Korean Nurses Association. 2012; 112 (8):59-63.
- Fisher MJ. Being a chameleon: Labour Processes of Male Nurses Performing Bodywork. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2009; 65(12):2668-77. Crossref PMid:19824908
- Poliafico JK. Nursing’s Gender Gap. RN. 1998; 61 (10):39-42. PMid:9801619
- Hampton GM, Hampton DL. Relationship of professionalism, rewards, market orientation and job satisfaction among medical professionals: The case of Certified NurseMidwives. Journal of Business Research. 2004; 57 (9): 1042-53. Crossref
- Yeun EJ, Kwon YM, Ahn OK. Development of a Nursing Professional Values Scale. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2005; 35(6):1091-1100. Crossref
- Hallin K, Danielson E. Registered Nurses’ perception of their work and professional development. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2008; 61 (1):62-70. PMid:18034817
- Lou JH, Yu HY, Hsu HY, Dai HD. A Study of Role Stress, Organizational Commitment and Intention to Quit among Male Nurses in Southern Taiwan. Journal of Nursing Research. 2007; 15(1):43-53. Crossref PMid:17370232
- An ES, Chu SK. Study on male nurses’ gender stereotype and job satisfaction. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration. 2011; 17(1):14-21. Crossref
- Lee KJ. Seoul: Ewha Womans University: The relationship among gender role conflict job satisfaction and organizational commitment in male nurses. 2014; 26 (1):46-57.
- Lee SY. Seoul: Hanyang University: Study on job satisfaction and intentions of turnover of male nurses. 2004.
- Lee SS. Seoul: Catholic University: The effects of male nurses of hospital organization culture on the level of job satisfaction. 2010.
- McCloskey JC, McCain BE. Satisfaction, Commitment and Professionalism of Newly Employed Nurses. Image Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 1987; 19(1):20-24. Crossref PMid:3644777
- Lee SR. Seoul: Ajou University: Nurse Image Satisfaction of Major Effect on Nursing Professionalism of Male Student in Nursing. 2011.
- Joo MK, Shin GY. Nursing Image and Professionalism Perceived by Male and Female Nursing Students in College. Journal of Korean Academy Society of Nursing Education. 2012; 18(3):510-521. Crossref
- Yoon HK, Choi JH, Lee EY, Lee HY, Park MJ. Effects of Decision Making Competency, Nursing Professionalism, and Job Satisfaction on Turnover Impulse among Nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration. 2013; 19(5):658-67. Crossref
- Cho EJ, Bang KS. Nursing Professionalism, Self-Efficacy and Nurse Parent Partnership in Pediatric Nurses. Korean Academy of Child Health Nursing. 2013; 19(2):94-101. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.