Total views : 117
Parameters Optimized Specifying for EDM with PM/ Conventional Electrodes on M2 Tool Steel using Taguchi and TOPSIS
Objectives: The scope of this experimental work of electrical discharge machining (EDM) process with and without the addition of abrasive powder while executed on M2 tool steel for the advancement in surrounding safety factors to meliorate the surface quality. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Taguchi’s L36 mixed orthogonal array is used after identification of most appropriate six input parameters (polarity, electrode type, concentration of abrasive, discharge current, and gap voltage and duty cycle) for maximum MRR and minimum TWR, and SR. Findings: To recognize the significant factors ANOVA is used and TOPSIS determine the 10.47% overall improvement in all responses with the optimal level of process parameters after confirmatory test. Energy dispersive X-ray (EDS) and Scanning electron microscope (SEM) analysis applied to examine the surface quality. Application/Improvements: This study finds the downfall of titanium from powder metallurgy tool electrode (CuTi) and deposition of aluminium material from PMEDM may also be implemented to improve the method of computation and precision.
ANOVA, EDM, EDS, M2 Tool Steel, SEM, TOPSIS
- Sarikaya M, Yılmaz V. Optimization and predictive modeling using S/N, RSM, RA and ANNs for micro-electrical discharge drilling of AISI 304 stainless steel. Neural Computing and Application. 2016 Dec; 1–15. Crossref
- Azhiri RB, Teimouri R. Application of Taguchi, ANFIS and grey relational analysis for studying, modeling and optimization of wire EDM process while using gaseous media. International Journal of Advance Manufacturing Technology. 2014; 71(1-4):279–95. Crossref
- Chandrasekaran SKTNNM. Optimization of EDM process in machining micro holes for improvement of hole quality.Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2016.
- Hourmand M, Farahany S. Investigating the electrical discharge machining (EDM) parameter effects on Al-Mg 2 Si metal matrix composite (MMC) for high material removal rate (MRR) and less EWR–RSM approach. International Journal of Advance Manufacturing Technology. 2015; 77(5–8):831–8. Crossref
- Kumar A, Kumar V, Kumar J. Semi-empirical model on MRR and overcut in WEDM process of pure titanium using multi-objective desirability approach. Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering.2015; 37(2):689–721. Crossref
- Kumar NPMP. Optimization of Dry EDM ProcessParameters Using Grey Relational Analysis. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. 2016; 41(11):4383–90. Crossref
- Kuriachen B, Somashekhar KP, Mathew J. Multiresponse optimization of micro-wire electrical discharge machining process. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2015; 76(1):91–104. Crossref
- Long BT, Phan NH, Cuong N, Jatti VS. Optimization of PMEDM process parameter for maximizing material removal rate by Taguchi’s method. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2016; 87(5-8). Crossref
- Manivannan R, Kumar MP. Multi-response optimization of Micro-EDM process parameters on AISI304 steel using TOPSIS. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology. 2016; 30(1):137–44. Crossref
- Meena VK, Azad MS, Singh S, Singh N. Micro-EDM multiple parameter optimization for Cp titanium. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2017; 89(1):897–904. Crossref
- Mohanty CP, Sankar S. A particle swarm approach for multi-objective optimization of electrical discharge machining process. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing.2016; 27(6):1171–90. Crossref
- Ray JA. Multi-Objective Optimization of Green EDM : An Integrated Theory. Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India): Series C. 2015; 96(1):41–7. Crossref
- Si N, Selvarajan L, Manohar M, Udhaya A, Dhinakaran P. Modelling and experimental investigation of process parameters in parameters in EDM of Si3N4-TiN composites using GRA-RSM. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology. 2017; 31(1):111–22. Crossref
- Zhang Z, Ming W, Huang H, Chen Z, Xu Z, Huang Y. Optimization of process parameters on surface integrity in wire electrical discharge machining of tungsten tool YG15. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2015; 81(5):1303–17. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.