Total views : 69
Unproblematic Technique for EDMing of M2 Tool Steel with Unlike Electrodes for Licking the Multi Response Trouble
Objectives: To solve the multi-response trouble with the influence of process parametric quantities of the electric discharge machining (EDM) on M2 tool steel with unlike electrodes for maximum material removal rate (MRR) and minimum tool wear rate (TWR), surface roughness (SR). Methods/Statistical Analysis: Taguchi mixed DOE was used to determine the optimal setting for prime response and further transformed it into signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio and weighted with the most prominent S/N ratio of optimal level for each factor. It was found after conformation examination that the best results of responses were with powder metallurgy copper-titanium tool at straight polarity in average addition of aluminium powder during PMEDM at minimum current, duty cycle values and maximum value of gap voltage. The weight loss method is used for the study. Findings: The restraint and effectuality of this approach shall make it hypnotic to practicians for licking the multi-response trouble in a broad range of this technique. Application/Improvements: It may further enforced to improve the veracity and effective to use in any field of engineering applications with petty computation.
EDM, MRR, SN Ratio, SR, Taguchi, TWR
- Bobbili R, Madhu V, Gogia AK. Multi response optimization of wire-EDM process parameters of ballistic gradealuminium alloy. Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal. 2015; 18(4):720-6.
- Dewangan S, Gangopadhyay S, Biswas CK. Multi-response optimization of surface integrity characteristics of EDM process using grey-fuzzy logic-based hybrid approach. Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal. 2015; 8(3):361-8.
- Garg A, Siu J, Lam L. Modelling multiple-response environmental and manufacturing characteristics of EDM
- Process. Journal of Cleaner Production. 2016; 137:1588601. Crossref.
- Khan ZA, Siddiquee AN, Zaman N, Khan U, Quadir GA.Multi response optimization of Wire electrical discharge machining process parameters using Taguchi based Grey Relational Analysis. Procedia Materials Science. 2014; 6(Icmpc):1683-95.
- Kumar R, Singh GK, Thomas D. Multi-objective optimization of Wire EDM of AISI D3 tool steel using orthogonal array with Principal Component Analysis. Materials Today: Proceedings. 2015; 2(4-5):3778-87.
- Reddy VC, Deepthi N, Jayakrishna N. Multiple response optimization of Wire EDM on aluminium HE30 by using grey relational analysis. Materials Today: Proceedings.2015; 2(4-5):2548-54. Crossref.
- Schubert A, Zeidler H, Oschatzchen MH, Schneider J, Hahn M. Enhancing Micro-EDM using ultrasonic vibration and approaches for machining of non-conducting ceramics. Strojniski vestnik - Journal of Mechanical Engineering.
- ; 59(3):156-64.
- Senthilkumar C, Ganesan G, Karthikeyan R. Influence of input parameters on characteristics of electro chemical machining process. International Journal of Applied Science and Engineering. 2013; 11(1):13-24.
- Talla G, Kumar D, Gangopadhyay S, Biswas CK. Modeling and multi-objective optimization of powder mixed electric discharge machining process of aluminum/alumina metal matrix composite. Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal. 2015; 18(3):369-73.
- Unses E, Cogun C. Improvement of electric discharge machining (EDM) performance of Ti-6Al-4V alloy with added graphite powder to dielectric. Journal of Mechanical Engineering. 2015; 61(6):409-18. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.