Total views : 108
Quantification of Thiocolchicoside in Rabbit Serum by High Performance Liquid Chromatographic Method: Application to Pharmacokinetic Study
Objective: A sensitive and précised bioanalytical method for quantification of Thiocolchicoside (THC) in rabbit serum was developed using high performance liquid chromatographic technique. Aceclofenac (ACE) was used as Internal Standard (IS). Methods: Phenomenix Luna® C18 column (150 x 4.6mm.i.d.5 μ) was used for method development of THC.Ammonium di hydrogen phosphate buffer: Acetonitrile (60:40) was used as mobile phase where in pH was adjusted to 4. 5 with glacial acetic acid. Findings: Flow rate was set to 1.0 mL/min and elements were monitored at 264 nm by UV detector. The retention times detected were 3.16 and 4.25 minutes for THC & ACE respectively. Linearity of the calibration curve was in the range of 10- 4000 ng mL-1. Inter day, intra-day coefficient of variation and percent error values of the developed assay method was with the acceptable limits of less than 15 %. The mean recovery was recorded to be more than 98.6 and 99.5 % for THC and ACE respectively. Application: Validated bio-analytical method was successfully applied for estimation of THC in Rabbit serum after application of Transdermal films to the rabbit skin.
Pharmacokinetics, Rabbit Serum, Thiocolchicoside, Transdermal films
- Tüzün F, Unalan H, Oner N, Ozquzel H, Kirazli Y, Icaqasioqlu A, Kuran B, TuzunS, Basar G.Multicenter randomized double-blinded placebo-controlled trial of thiocolchicoside in acute low back pain. Joint Bone Spine. 2003; 70(5):356–61. Crossref
- Umarkar AR, Bavaskar SR, Yewale PN. Thiocolchicoside as muscle relaxant a review. International Journal of Pharmacy Biological Science. 2011; 1(3):364–71.
- Korolkovas A. Essentials of Medicinal Chemistry Second edition. A Wiley- Interscience Publication Wiley India Private Ltd; 2008.
- Patat A, Klein MJ, Surjus A, Renault M, Rezvani Y, Granier J. Effects of acute and repeated doses of two muscle relaxants chlormezanone and thiocolchicoside on vigilance and psychomotor performance of healthy volunteers. Human Psychopharmacology clinical and experimental. 1991; 6(4):285–92.
- Ketenci A, Ozcan E, Karamursel S. Assessment of efficacy and psychomotor performances of thiocolchicoside and tizanidine in patients with acute low back pain. International Journal of Clinical Practice. 2005; 59(7):764– 70. Crossref PMid:15963201
- Marcel C, Rezvani Y, Revel M. Evaluation of thiocolchicoside as monotherapy in low back pain. Results of a randomized study versus placebo. Presse Medical. 1990; 19(24):1133–6. PMid:2141931
- Kumar S, Rani S, Siwach R, Verma P. To compare the safety and efficacy of fixed dose combination of thiocolchicosideand aceclofenac versus chlorzoxazone aceclofenac and paracetamol in patients with lower backache associated with muscle spasm. International journal of applied basic medical research. 2014; 4(2):101–5. Crossref PMid:25143885 PMCid:PMC4137632
- Soonawalla DF, Joshi N. Efficacy of thiocolchicoside in Indian patients suffering from low back pain associated with muscle spasm. Journal of Indian Medical Association. 2008; 106(5):331–5. PMid:18839644
- Sutherland FCW, Smit MJ, Herbst L, Els J, Hundt HKL, Swart KJ, Hundt AF. Highly specific and sensitive liquid chromatography –tandem mass spectroscopy method for the determination of 3-desmethylthiocolchine in human plasma as analyte for the assessment of bioequivalence after oral administration of thiocolchicoside. Journal of Chromatograph. 2002; 949(1-2):71–7. Crossref
- Perulla E, Poitou P, Pifferi G. Comparative pharmacokinetics and Bioavailability of two oral formulations of thiocolchicoside a GABA-mimetic muscle relaxant drug in normal volunteers. European journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics. 1995; 20(4):301–5. Crossref
- Kumar P, Shukla S, Subudhi BB, Ganure AL. Bioanalytical method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of Thiocolchicoside and Lornoxicam in human Plasma and in Pharmaceutical dosage form by RP HPLC. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2012; 4(3):1–8.
- Gannu R, Yamsani SR, Palem CR, Yamsani VV, Kotagiri H,Yamsani MR. Development of high performance liquid chromatographic method for buspirone in rabbit serum Application to pharmacokinetic study. Analytica Chimica Acta. 2009; 647(2):226–30. Crossref PMid:19591710
- Guidance for Industry Bioanalytical Method Validation. US Department of Health and Human Services. Food and Drug Administration. Centre for Drug Evaluation and Research. Centre for Veterinary medicine; 2001. p. 1–34.
- International Conference on Harmonization of Technical requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human use. Validation of Analytical Procedures Text and Methodology; 2005. p. 1–17.
- Reviewer Guidance Validation of Chromatographic Methods. Center for Drug Evaluation and Research; 1994. p. 1–33.
- Thiocolchicoside [Internet]. 2011 [cited 2011 Sep 25]. Available from: https:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Thiocolchicoside.
- Aceclofenac [Internet]. 2017 [cited 2017 May 3]. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aceclofenac.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.