Total views : 80
Energy Efficient ARABIC Unicode Reader Design on FPGA
Objectives: This paper proposes an Energy Efficient ARABIC Unicode Reader design on FPGA. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Two types of energy efficient techniques such as Frequency Scaling and FPGA technology scaling have been used to make the device energy and power efficient. In the frequency scaling technique the frequency of device has been varied from 1MHz to 1THz; whereas, in FPGA scaling technique the power consumption of the device at two FPGA technologies(Artix-7 and Virtex-6) has been compared in order to identify the most energy efficient technology at least power consumed frequency. Findings: In this Unicode reader, results have been analyzed using X Power Analyzer. Different types of tables have been created for different range of frequencies showing different power dissipation values. It has been observed that 99.67% of total power can be saved in case of Artix-7 while operating the device at a frequency of 1MHz instead of 1 THz and in case of Virtex-6 98.5% of total power can be saved while operating the device at a frequency of 1MHz instead of 1 THz. So it has been concluded that more amount of power has been dissipated in case of Virtex-6 FPGA technology in which the length of channel is 45nm in comparison to Artix-7 in which length of channel is 28nm. Also it is advisable to operate the device at a low range of frequencies in order to have less power consumption. Application/ Improvements: Conclusions drawn from the analysis will be helpful in making the device more power efficient as compared to the existing ones. It comes out to be a step towards Go-Green Mission in order to serve the humanity.
Energy, FPGA, Frequency, Green Computing, Power, Unicode Reader, Xilinx
- Introduction to Unicode. Available from: http://www.panl10n.net/Presentations/Afghanistan/Unicode.pdf. Data Accessed: 5/04/2017.
- Parvez A. Study Of Unicode Specifications and Their Implementation In Arabic Script Languages By Designing A Multilingual Unicode Editor. IEEE International Multi Topic Conference. 2001.
- Arabic. Available from: http://www.ancientscripts.com/ arabic.html. Date Accessed: 11/04/2017.
- Arabic. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Arabic. Date Accessed: 15/04/2017.
- Singh S, Jain A, Kaur A, Pandey B. Thermal Aware Low Power Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter Design on FPGA. IEEE 6th International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN). 2014 Nov; p. 14-6. Crossref.
- Kaur A, Singh S, Fazili F, Minver M, Sharma V. Capacitance Scaling Based Energy Efficient and Tera Hertz Design of Malayalam Unicode Reader on FPGA. International Journal of u- and e- Service, Science and Technology. 2015; 8:151-8.
- Singh S, Kaur A, Pandey B. Energy Efficient Flip Flop Design Using Voltage Scaling On FPGA. NIT Kurukshetra: IEEE Sixth India International Conference on Power Electronics (IICPE). 2014 Dec 8-10.
- Kaur A, Pandey B, Sharma A, Sharma K, Singh S.SSTL IO Standard Based Tera Hertz and Energy Efficient MALAYALAM Unicode Reader Design and Implementation on FPGA. DRDO, Ministry of Defence, Government of India: Bilingual International Conference on Information Technology at Defence Scientific Information and Documentation Centre (DESIDOC). 2015 Feb 19-21.
- Bhatt S, Kaur A, Gupta S. Frequency Scaling Based Power Efficient Kannada Unicode Reader Design on 40nm and 28nm FPGA. IEEE International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACOM), Bharati Vidyapeeth, Delhi, Navatashcaramam Dashatah on 28nm FPGA. International Journal of Control and Automation.2017 Mar 1-3; 8(8):35-44.
- Das T, Kumar T, Islam SM, Pandey B, Rahman MA.Low Power Devnagari Unicode Checker Design Using CGVS Approach. Advanced Materials Research Modern Achievements and Developments in Manufacturing and Industry. 2014 July; 984-985:1282-5.
- Kaur A, Singh S. Clock Gating Based Low Power Efficient Universal Gurmukhi Unicoder Design on FPGA. Gyancity Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2016; 2(1):60-66.
- Pandey B, Das B, Kaur A, Kumar T, Hussain TMA,Tomar GS. Performance Evaluation of FIR Filter after Implementation on Different FPGA and SOC and Its Utilization in Communication and Network. Wireless Personal Communications. 2016; 91(2):1-15. Crossref.
- Kaur A, Bhat D, Singh S. Low Voltage Digitally Control Impedance Based Solar Charge Controller Design on FPGA.Delhi: Bharati Vidyapeeth: IEEE International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACOM). 2015 Mar 11-13.
- Gupta T, Verma G, Kaur A, Pandey B, Singh A, Kaur T.Energy Efficient Counter Design Using Voltage Scaling On FPGA. Gwalior, India: IEEE International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT). 2015 Apr 4-6. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.