Total views : 282
Review on Challenges in Building Knowledge based Societies through E-Governance Framework: Technology and Management Issues from Global Perspective
Objectives: To review the e-government challenges and issues faced by Iraq government and citizen. Methods/Review: We are proposing a general adaption framework, which should be considered by Iraq government to maximise the E-government benefits. The framework is proposed based on the literature review and the problems faced by Iraq government and people. It describes how Iraq government can achieve and maximise its benefits from the e-government services and the parameters it should considered. Therefore, Iraq should develop a clear and strong strategic framework to understand its needs before implementing the E-government services in current circumstances. Findings/Discussion: The framework will clearly define government’s vision, goals, milestone, approach and standards beside information privacy, security and maintenance infrastructure. Essential ingredients of a successful transition include a vision, relevant policies, mission, strategic objectives and frameworks. Application: The outcome of framework review suggestions can be implemented in government sector for the benefit of the citizens.
E-Government, E-Governance, ICT, Issues and Challenges, Strategic Considerations
- Al-Dabbagh M. Electronic Government in Iraq: Challenges of development and implementation. Swedish Business School, Orebro University; 2011. p. 1–16.
- Jansen AJ. E-Government-Just a Matter of Technology? In Proceedings IEEE 2011 44th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS); 2011. p. 1–9.
- Diwan SA, Perumal S, Siber DS. Smart E-Service Implementation as mobile Agent in a Smart E-Government Platform. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2016; 11(7):5250–5.
- Iqbal A, Bagga RK. E-Governance: Issues in Implementation. Proceedings of the International Conference on E-Governance; Bangalore; 2010. p. 1–7. PMid:20055268
- Elsheikh Y, Cullen A, Hobbs D. E-Government in Jordan: Challenges and opportunities. Transforming Government: People Process and Policy. 2007; 2(2):83–103. Crossref.
- Al-Shboul M, Rababah O, Ghnemat R, Al-Saqqa S. Challenges and Factors Affecting the Implementation of E-Government in Jordan. Journal of Software Engineering and Applications. 2014; 7:1111–27. Crossref.
- İbrahim T. A road map to a successful application of E-Government in Iraq; 2014. p. 1–91.
- Zhao F, Scavarda AJ, Waxin MF. Key issues and challenges in e-government development: An integrative case study of the number one eCity in the Arab world. Information Technology and People. 2012; 25(4):395–422. Crossref.
- Jabbar W, Othman M, Ramasamy A. Citizen identification system of Iraq: Challenges and barriers in enabling e-government services. In 4th International Conference on Computing and Informatics; 2013. p. 399–404.
- Al-Taie MZ, Kadry S. E-Government: Latest Trend and Future Perspective The Iraq Case. Editors-in-Chief; 2013. p. 307.
- Heeks R. Implementing and managing E-Government: An International text. 1st Edition. Sage Publications Ltd; 2006. PMid:16112893
- Kumar V, Mukerji B, Butt I, Persaud A. Factors for successful E-Government adoption: A conceptual framework. The electronic journal of E-Government. 2007; 5(1):63–76.
- Ifinedo PE. E-Government-Precursors, Problems, Practices and Prospects: A Case of Nigeria. Proceedings of the International Business Information Management (IBIM) Conference; 2004. p. 1–10.
- Unit EI. E-readiness rankings 2009: The usage imperative. The Economist. A report from the Economist Intelligence Unit written in cooperation with the IBM Institute for Business Value; 2009. p. 1–29.
- Geetika P. Strategic Marketing of E-Government for Technology Adoption Facilitation; 2007. p. 1–10.
- Alshehri MA, Drew S. Challenges of e-government services adoption in Saudi Arabia from an E-Ready citizen perspective. Education; 2010. p. 1–8.
- Diwan SA, Hadi E, Fattah AJ. Multi-Agent Based Security Framework for E-Government in Recently Technology Developed Countries. Journal of Computer Engineering and Intelligent Systems. 2013; 4(11):1–10.
- Hassan AA. Status of E-Government in Iraq and What the Challenges of Development and Implementation. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR). 2016 May; 5(5):15111–6.
- Kumar R. Capacity building for E-Governance and challenges. Indian Journal of Education and Information Management. 2012; 1(6):254–66.
- Sheokand K, Gupta N. Digital India programme and impact of digitalisation on Indian economy. Indian Journal of Economics and Development. 2017; 5(5):1–13.
- Rashid A, Bansal K. E-Panchayat as a tool for empowering Panchayati Raj: An exploratory study of Pattan block of Baramulla District. Indian Journal of Economics and Development. 2017; 5(3):1–1
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.