Total views : 118
Compact Hexagonal Monopole Antenna
Objective: The different configurations of hexagonal monopole antennas are designed, simulated, tested and their performance is compared. Method: Different Hexagonal monopole antennas are designed and simulated using HFSS, these antennas are designed using Defective Ground Structure (DGS) and slots are made in ground plane and on patch. Effect of slot position on performance of antenna is examined. The antenna units are studied through simulation two antennas were fabricated and its return loss and VSWR are measured. Findings: The antenna parameters like return losses, VSWR, Gain and Directivity are evaluated and return losses and VSWR for the fabricated antennas are measured. It is observed that over a wide frequency band the return losses are <10 dB and VSWR is less than 2. Applications: These antennas can be used over UWB for Wireless and Indoor applications.
Defective Ground Structure (DGS), Gain, Hexagonal Patch, Return Losses, Slot, UWB.
- Premalatha B, Prasad MVS, Murthy MBR. Investigations on compact UWB Monopole antenna. International conference on Electronics, Communication and Aerospace Technology. 2017; 1:102–6.
- Basu S, Srivastava A, Swami AG. Dual Frequency Hexagonal Micro strip Patch Antenna. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 2013; 3:1–9.
- Saini A, Kushwaha A, Pathak A. Design of Hexagonal Micro strip Patch Antenna with CPW Feeding & Comparison Analysis with other Patch Antenna. International Journal of Review in Electronics and Communication Engineering. 2016; 4:20–3.
- Abraham J, Mathew T. Novel Single Layer Proximity Fed Gap Coupled Microstrip Patch Array for WLAN/WiMAX Applications in Portable Devices. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2016; 11:10446–53.
- Mandal T, Das S. UWB Printed Hexagonal Monopole Antenna with Wireless Band Rejection. Indian Antenna Week. 2011; 1–4.
- Ray KP. UWB Printed Hexagonal Monopole Antenna published in IET Microw. Antennas Propag. 2010; 4:437–45. CrossRef.
- Krishnaveni G, Manimegalai B. A Hexagonal Monopole Textile Antenna for UWB Applications. International conference on innovations in information, Embeded and communication systems, 2015. p. 1–6. CrossRef.
- Shaalan A, Ramadan MI. Design of a Compact Hexagonal Monopole Antenna for Ultra Wideband Application. Springer Science Business Media; 2010 May. p. 24–30.
- Premalatha B, Prasad MVS, Murthy MBR. Patch antenna performance investigation. International Journal of mobile communication and networking. 2016 Nov; 7:1–8.
- Jana S, Sinhamahapatra B, Dey S. Single Layer Monopole Hexagonal Microstrip Patch Antenna for Fixed Service Satellite (FSS) System. International Journal of Electronics and Communication Technology. 2013; 4:112–6.
- Mondal T, Samanta S, Ghatak R, Sekhar R, Chaudhuri B. A Novel Tri- Band Hexagonal Micro strip Patch Antenna Using Modified Sierpinski Fractal for Vehicular Communication. Progress in Electromagnetic Research. 2015; 57:25–34. CrossRef.
- Gong X, Tong L, Tian Y, Gao B. Design of Micro stripFed Hexagonal Shape UWB Antenna with Triple Notched Bands. Progress in Electromagnetic Research. 2016; 62:77– 87. CrossRef.
- Cherian R, Zacharia KP. A Coplanar Waveguide Fed Hexagon Slotted Hexagonal Patch Antenna for Ultra Wideband Applications. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2016; 11:892–6.
- Monika, Chauhan. Microstrip Conformal Hexagonal Slot Patch Antenna for various Applications. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology. 2013; 5:398–401.
- Gupta PK, Singh S. Bandwidth Enhancement of Hexagonal Microstrip Patch Antenna by Ground Defect Technique. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research. 2012; 3:1–6. CrossRef.
- Nilakhe T, Vijaykumar V. Patil. Bandwidth Enhancement through Fractal Nature of Hexagonal Microstrip Patch Antenna. International Journal of Scientific, Engineering and Technology Research. 2016; 5:1936–40.
- Kumar M, Sirsath A, Patil M. Hexagonal Microstrip Patch Antenna to Operate in Dual Frequency Mode. International Journal of Scientific Research & Development. 2015; 3:1865–9.
- Srivastava S, Tripathi AK, Sinha HP. Study and Analysis of Hexa Shape Antenna on L-Band and S-Band. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology. 2015; 2:77–82.
- Farad MM, Dixit M. Bandwidth Enhancement of Microstrip Patch Antenna using Suspended Techniques for Wireless Applications. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology. 2014; 3:470–3.
- Tripathy MR, Chauhan I.CPW-fed Hexagonal Shaped Slot Antenna for UWB Applications. International Journal of Information and Computation Technology. 2013; 3:1135– 44.
- Yadav D, Dhubkarya DC. Design of Hexagonal Fractal Antenna for WLAN/WiMAX & Bluetooth Applications. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology. 2014; 3:1–6. CrossRef.
- Kadam SS, Mathpati MS. High Gain Compact and Hexagonal Fractal Antenna. IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering. 2014; 9:74–7. CrossRef.
- Waghmode KS, Deosarkar SB, Kabde PK. Hexagonal Fractal Antenna for 1.6GHz GPS Application. International Journal of Science and Research. 2015; 4:1492–4.
- Mandal T, Das S. Micro strip feed Spanner Shape Monopole Antenna for Ultra Wide Band Applications. Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications. 2013; 12:15–22. CrossRef.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.