Total views : 122
Temperature Difference findings from Earth Air Heat Exchanger System in Hot-Dry Climate
Objectives: To predict the performance and experimental investigations of the Earth Air Heat Exchanger (EAHE) in hot-dry climate. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this study the advantage of geothermal energy of soil is used to cool the room effectively. This technique used for transferring the cool air to the room by moderating the temperature of the air. The concrete pipes almost first time employed for the current study instead of using PVC and Mild steel pipes. The temperature difference between the inlet and outlet can be calculated from Resistance temperature detectors. Findings: The adequate cooling of the buildings in summer season as well as heating in winter is two basic demands of human bodies in the present society. Both two societal needs fulfil with the help of an Earth air heat exchanger technique. The existing reports for the study makes the use of PVC pipes and some reports use of GI and Mild steel pipes. The more valid results obtained from the current study by use of concrete pipes for investigations of the performance of this system. The temperature drop from inlet to outlet in concrete pipes more at same length of pipes. These pipes are helpful in more cooling in summer seasons. The savage of electricity is increases with the use of concrete pipes and it becomes popular in rural and urban areas day by day. Application/Improvements: In current study the old Earth Air Heat Exchanger system is improved with use of concrete pipes and efficiency of the is system improved by making system free from dust and other contaminated particles. It can be effectively used in rural and urban areas to cool the houses in summer seasons.
Concrete Pipes, Earth Air Heat Exchanger, Geothermal Energy, PVC Pipes, Resistance Temperature Detectors
- Kumar TV. Experimental Performance Analysis of Earth Air Heat Exchanger. Journal of Material Science and Mechanical Engineering (JMSME). p-ISSN: 2393-9095; e-ISSN: 2393-9109. 2015; 2(14):40–4.
- Dipak B, Sameer N. A Review on performance enhancement of Air conditioner Using Earth Air Tunnel heat Exchanger. IJLTET. 2016 Mar; 6(4):113–16.
- Rakesh DP, Ramana PV. Experimental Performance of Buried Tube Heat Exchanger Validated by SimulationPerformance in Heating Climate Condition. IJRTEM.ISSN: 2455-3689. 2016 Feb; 1(1):01–5.
- Fuxin N, Yuebin Y, Daihong Y, Haorong L. Heat and mass transfer performance analysis and cooling capacity prediction of earth to air heat exchanger. Applied Energy. 2015; 137:211–21.
- Lund JW, Freeston DH, Boyd TL. Direct application of geothermal energy. Geothermics. 2005; 34(6):691–727.
- Jagjeet K, Prem S, Harminder K. A Review on the Experimental and Analytical Analysis of Earth Air Tunnel Heat Exchanger System. Environmental Sustainability: Concepts, Principles, Evidences and Innovations. ISBN: 978-93-83083-75-6. 2015. p.1–65.
- Nabiha N, Majdi H, Sami K, Abdelhamid F. Energy and exergy analysis of horizontal ground heat exchanger for hot climatic condition of northern Tunisia. IJRTEM. ISSN: 2455-3689. 2016 Feb; 1(1):1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.