Total views : 180
Improved Algorithm for Load Flow Analysis of Radial Distribution System
Objectives: In this paper an improved algorithm for load flow analysis of Radial Distribution Systems (RDS) is presented. The algorithm incorporates probabilistic variations of line and load data along with composite loads. Methodology: The algorithm uses Simple Backward and Forward Sweep based method for solving RDS and has further been modified to solve distribution systems with Distributed Generation (DG). Findings: This Improved algorithm for load flow analysis is tested on standard RDS and considerable promising results have been delivered for the system having Distributed Generator for improving the voltage profile and reduce the losses. Novelty/Improvement: The results obtained are exemplary that confirms usefulness of the algorithm and can have significant impact on future planning and operation purposes of unbalanced RDS.
Distributed Generations, Forward/Backward Sweep Algorithm, Load Flow Algorithm, Power Flow Analysis, Radial Distribution Systems
- Scott B. Review of load flow calculation methods. Proc IEEE. 1974; 62(7):916–29.
- Shirmohammadi D, Hong HW, Semlyen A, Luo GX. A compensation based power flow method for weekly meshed distribution and transmission networks. IEEE Trans Power System. 1988; 3(2):753–62. Crossref
- Stott B, Alsac O. Fast decoupled load flow. IEEE Trans Power Apparatus and Sys (PAS). 1974; 93(3):859–69. Crossref 4. Khedkar MK,Gohokar VN. An integrated approach for automation of distribution system. IEEE Conf; 2002. p.2106–10.
- Goswami SK, Basu SK. Direct solution of distribution systems.IEEE Proc-C. 1991; 138(1):78–88.
- Haque MH. Efficient load flow method for distribution systems with radial or mesh configuration. IEEE Proc. 1996 Jan; 143(1):33–8. Crossref
- Chiang HD, Baran ME. On the existence and uniqueness of load flow solution for radial distribution power networks. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and System. 1990 Mar; 37(3):410–6.Crossref
- Ramana T, Ganesh V, Sivanagaraju S. Simple and fast load flow solution for electrical power distribution systems.International Journals on Electrical Engineering and Informatics. 2013Sep; 5(3):245–55. Crossref
- Babu RP, Kumar R, Hemachandera SV, Vanamali MPR.A novel power flow solution methodology for radial distribution systems. IEEE Region 8 SIBIRCON. IrkutskListvyanka, Russia; 2010 Jul. p. 507–12.
- Das D, Ranjan R. Novel computer algorithm for solving radial distribution networks. Journal of Electrical Power Components and Systems; USA; 2003 Jan 31. p. 95–107.Crossref
- Chaturvedi A, Prasad K, Ranjan R. Use of interval arithmetic to incorporate the uncertainty of load demand for radial distribution system analysis. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 2006 Apr; 21(2):1019–21. Crossref
- Venkatesh B, Das D, Ranjan R. Load flow algorithm of radial distribution networks incorporating composite load model. International Journal of Power and Energy Systems.2003; 23(1): 501–11.
- Oniya BC, Anayka BO. Steady state security assessment of distribution networks with distributed generation in Nigeria. IJEEES. 2012 Dec; 4(2):131–9.
- Zeinalzadeh A, Abedini M, Moradi MH, Mohammadi Y.An efficient hybrid method for solving the optimal sitting and sizing problem of dg and shunt capacitor banks simultaneously based on imperialist competitive algorithm and genetic algorithm. Electrical Power and Energy Systems.2014; 54:101–11. Crossref
- Rao AA, Babu MW. Forward sweep methods for solving radial distribution networks. IJAREEIE. 2013; 2(9):1–7.
- Augugliaro A, Dusonchet L. A backward sweep methods for power flow solution in distribution networks. EPES.2010; 32:271–80.
- Michline JA, Ganesh S. Power flow analysis for rds using backward/forward sweep method. International Journal of Electrical, Computer, Energetic, Electronics and communication Engineering. 2014; 8(8):1621–5.
- Bala JL, Kuntz PA, Taylor RM. Load characterization of electrical radial distribution feeders; 1995. p. 220–4.
- Das D, Ranjan R. Simple and eﬃcient computer algorithm to solve radial distribution network. Electric Power Components and Systems. 2003; 31(1):95–107.Crossref
- Wu FF, Baran ME. Optimal sizing of capacitor placed on radial distribution systems. IEEE Trans. 1989; 2:735–43.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.