Total views : 70
MPPT Controller for Solar PV Cells using GSAPSO Algorithm
Solar energy is a very general source of renewable energy due to some advantages. In many countries, Photovoltaic power systems have been mostly used. However, there are many urgent issues to tackle in the application of PV power systems. The main problem is how to improve efficiency. Since the PV arrays display a nonlinear Power–Voltage (P–V) characteristic curve which varies with insolation and temperature, how to achieve Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) is a very significant technology. In this work, we have explored the optimization methods for efficient tracking such as PSO and GSA. The essential issue of MPPT control is an optimization problem which can be achieved by using evolutionary algorithms. PSO algorithm owns the characteristics of good robustness, parallel processing and high probability of finding global optimal solution. By combining GSA to PSO, the performance has been improved. The proposed GSAPSO algorithm greatly shortens the searching time, reduces the fluctuation of output waveform and improves the efficiency through particles dormancy and activation control, optimal number of particles algorithm and search sequence selection. It achieves a smooth starting for maximum power and achieves it in less time than the widely used other methods.
Solar Cell, GSA, MPPT, PSO, PO
- Solanki CS. Solar Photo-Voltaics. Fundamental, Technologies and Applications. 2000.
- Bucciarelli LL, Jr. Power loss in photovoltaic arrays due to mismatch in cell characteristics. Solar Energy. 2007; 23:277–88. Crossref
- Kaushika ND, Rai AK. An investigation of mismatch losses in solar photovoltaic cell networks. Energy. 2007; 32(5):755–9. Crossref
- Yusof Y, Sayuti SH, Abdul LM, Wanik MZC. Modeling and simulation of Maximum Power Point Tracker for Photovoltaic System. IEEE Proceedings; 2004. Crossref
- Nordin AHM, Omar AM. Modeling and simulation of Photo-Voltaic (PV) array and Maximum Power Point Tracker (MPPT) for grid-connected PV system. IEEE Proceedings; 2011. DOI: 10.1109/ISESEE.2011.5977080 Crossref
- Gow JA, Manning C. Development of a photovoltaic array model for use in power-electronics simulation studies.IEEE Proceedings of Electric Power Applications; 1999 Mar. p.193–200. Crossref
- Liu X, Lopes LAC. An improved perturbation and observation Maximum Power Point Tracking algorithm for PV arrays. IEEE Proceedings; 2004. Crossref
- Saha D. A GSA based improved MPPT system for PV generation.IEEE International Conference on Research in Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (ICRCICN); 2015. p. 131–6. Crossref
- Rashedi E, Nezamabadi PH, Saryazdi S. GSA: A Gravitational Search Algorithm. Information Sciences.
- ; 179(13):2232–48. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.