Total views : 71
Prediction based Hard Disk Power Conservation Algorithm in Mobile Ad hoc Networks using APRIORI
Objectives: The main objectives of this work are to enable mobile nodes predict the switch off states of Hard Disk and other electronic components using APRIORI algorithm which has pre-mined list of timings of every request to be serviced by the node. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The application of this Algorithm is shown via Simulink (MATLAB). We use a Sequence generator of variable inputs (on/off) signals which controls the load circuit of the simulated node. The input of the sequence generator is defined by an example depicting a Mobile Node traversal and represented by a Table residing in the memory of the node. The table values are mined using preset values of Confidence and Support as in APRIORI algorithm. The data set used in the simulation represents all cases of the Algorithm in real time. Findings: Controlling the switch off states using pre-mined data values based on frequent item sets enables a Mobile Node to effectively decide the switch off states or power saving states for various electronic hardware, which includes Hard Disk. The Main power drawn in Hard Disk is by the Motor of the cylinder which if turned off and on (Spin UP/Spin DOWN) effectively will result in more efficient battery savings for each Mobile Node as compared to Adaptive and Threshold based Spin UP/ Spin DOWN based policies. Applications/Improvements: Since the switch timings decided by the algorithm entirely depend on mined values, application of better data mining techniques will result in more efficient battery operation.
Power Conservation, Prediction based Algorithm, Wireless Networks, APRIORI, MANETS
- Faizian P, Rahman MS, Mollah MA, Yuan X, Pakin s, Lang M.Traffic pattern-based adaptive routing for intra-group communication in dragonfly networks. 2016 IEEE 24th Annual Symposium on High-Performance Interconnects (HOTI), Santa Clara, CA; 2016. p. 19–26. Crossref.
- Douglis F, Krishnan P, Marsh B. Thwarting the powerhungry disk. USENIX Winter Conference . p. 293–306.
- . Chen Y, Du X, Zhou L. Transformer defect correlation analysis based on Apriori algorithm. 2016 IEEE International Conference on High Voltage Engineering and Application (ICHVE), Chengdu; 2016. p. 1–4. Crossref.
- Ito Y, Kato S. An apriori-based approach to product placement in order picking. 2016 IEEE International Conference on Agents (ICA), Matsue, Japan; 2016. p. 114–15. Crossref.
- Sasabe M, Takine T. Continuous-time analysis of the simple averaging scheme for global clock synchronization in sparsely populated MANETs. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. 2013 Apr; 31(4):782–93.Crossref.
- Scholz M, Bregulla F, Hinze A. Using physical clocks for replication in MANETs. Fifth Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops, 2007. PerCom Workshops '07., White Plains, NY; 2007. p. 114–19. Crossref.
- Paleologo GA, Benini L, Bogliolo A, De Micheli G. Policy optimization for dynamic power management. Proceedings 1998 Design and Automation Conference. 35th DAC. (Cat.No.98CH36175), San Francisco, CA, USA; 1998. p. 182–7.Crossref.
- Douglis F, Krishnan P, Bershad B. Adaptive disk spindown policies for mobile computers. Computing Systems. 1995; 8:381–413.
- Greenawalt PM. Modeling power management for hard disks. Proceedings of International Workshop on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems, Durham, NC; 1994. p. 62–6.Crossref.
- Lu Y-H, De Micheli G. Adaptive hard disk power management on personal computers. Proceedings Ninth Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI, Ypsilanti, MI; 1999. p. 50–3.Crossref.
- Lahiri K, Raghunathan A, Dey S, Panigrahi D. Batterydriven system design: a new frontier in low power design. Proceedings of ASP-DAC/VLSI Design 2002. 7th Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference and 15h International Conference on VLSI Design, Bangalore; 2002. p. 261–7. Crossref.
- Lulhe AM, Date TN. A design & MATLAB simulation of motor drive used for electric vehicle. 2015 International Conference on Control, Instrumentation, Communication and Computational Technologies (ICCICCT), Kumaracoil; 2015. p. 739–43. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.