Total views : 115
Ensuring QoS in Wireless Body Area Network: A Review
Objectives: Wireless Body Area Networks (WBANs) have gained immense popularity among researchers and this field has also touched the health sector. In this paper we have analyzed the various methods that are used to ensure the QoS in body nodes in WBANs. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The better functioning nodes with longevity of the battery nodes help to exchange the messages between the nodes uninterruptedly. Various works are presented each for improving the quality of one part or another of the network. The importance of the various methods and how these have benefitted in the better management of the sensor nodes has also been presented. The review of the researches that are undergoing in this field has been given. Findings: The body nodes work more efficiently if the interrupted energy supply is provided to them. Energy can be collected from the body movements also and can prove to be more beneficially limiting the health constraints of removing batteries again and again. Some scheduling algorithms can reduce the interference between the nodes and the routing protocols can manage the data traffic among the WBAN. The power optimizing techniques reduce the power consumption and the data loss. So many techniques provide the much needed quality of service in WBAN. Novelty/Improvement: The paper brings out various techniques which assist in better WBAN thus reinforces the use of wireless sensors in the health domain with better quality.
Body Nodes, Energy Harvesting, Medium Access Control (MAC), Quality of Service (QoS), Wireless Body Area Network (WBAN)
- Davies E, Sanjay K, Mohana J. A Survey on Wireless Body Area Network. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 2014; 4 (3):1–7.
- Ragesh GK, Baskaran K. An Overview of Applications, Standards and Challenges in Futuristic Wireless Body Area Networks. International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2012; 9:180–6.
- Bachmann C, Ashouei M, Pop V, Vodojkovic M, de Groot H, Gyselinkx B. Low-Power Wireless sensor Nodes for ubiquitious Long-term Biomedical Signal Monitoring. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2012 Jan; 50(1):20–7. Crossref
- Rui H. Prospect of wireless body area network technology. International Conference on Electronic Science and Automation Control; 2015. p. 246–9.
- AlMasud SMR. QoS Taxonomy towards Wireless Body Area Network Solutions. International journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM). 2013; 2(4):221–34.
- Ibarra E, Antonopoulos A, Kartsakli E, Rodrigues JPCJ, Verikoukis C. Joint Power-QoS Control Scheme for Energy Harvesting Body Sensor Nodes. IEEE; 2014. p. 3511–6. Crossref
- Ibarra E, Antonopoulos A, Kartsakli E, Rodrigues JJPC, Verikoukis C. QoS-Aware Energy Management in Body Sensor Nodes Powered by Human Energy Harvesting. IEEE Sensors Journal. 2016; 16 (2):542–9. Crossref
- Cao H, Valenzuela GS, Leung CMV. Employing IEEE 802.15.4 for Quality of Service Provisioning in Wireless Body Area Sensor Networks. IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications; 2010. p. 902–9.
- Iftikhar M, Ahmad I. A Novel Analytical Model for provisioning QoS in Body Area Sensor Networks. Procedia
- Computer Science 32 Elsevier; 2014. p. 900–7.
- QoS Control for Random Access Wireless Sensor Networks. Date accessed: 05/03/2017. Available from: http://www. cems.uvm.edu/~jfrolik/papers/wcnc04.pdf
- Zvikhachevskaya A, Markarian G, Mihaylova L. Quality of Service consideration for the Wireless telemedicine and e-health services. 2009 proceedings of Wireless Communications and Networking Conference; 2009. p. 1–6.
- Xie Z, Huang G, he J, Zhang Y. A Clique-Based WBAN Scheduling for Mobile Wireless Body Area Networks.
- Procedia Computer Science 31 Elsevier. 2014; 31:1092–101.
- Liu CH, Hui P, Branch WJ, Yang B. QoI-Aware Energy Management for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE; 2011. p. 8–13. Crossref
- Yi C, Lili Wang, Li Y. Energy Efficient Transmission Approach for WBAN Based on Threshold Distance. IEEE Sensors Journal. 2015; 15:5133–41. Crossref
- Body QoS Adaptive and Radio-Agnostic QoS for Body Sensor Networks. Date accessed: 13/03/2017. Available from: https://www.cs.virginia.edu/~stankovic/psfiles/ BodyQoS-1.pdf
- Liao Y, Leeson SM, Higgins DM, Bai C. Analysis of In-to-Out Wireless Body Area Network Systems Towards QoS-Aware Health Internet of things Application. Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute; 2016. p. 1–26.
- Joshi G, Ranjan P. Optimizing Power and buffer congestion on Wireless Sensor Nodes using CAP (Coordinated Adaptive Power) Management Technique. International Journal of Wireless & Mobile Networks (IJWMN). 2011 Apr; 3:225–41. Crossref
- Razzaque A, Hong CS, Lee S. Data-Centric Multi objective QoS-Aware Routing protocol for Body Sensor Networks. 2011; 11 (1):917–37.
- Djenouri D, Balasingham I. New QoS and Geographical Routing in Wireless Biomedical Sensor Network. IEEE; 2009. p. 1–8. Crossref
- Chigan C, Oberoi V. Providing QoS in Ubiquitous Telemedicine Networks. IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshop (PERCOMW06); 2006. p. 5–500. Crossref
- Cheng S, Huang C, Tu CC. RACOON A Multiuser QoS Design for Mobile Wireless Body Area Network. Springer. 2011; 35(5):1277–87.
- Hou IH, Kumar PR. Admission Control and Scheduling for QoS Guarantees for variable-Bit-Rate Applications on Wireless channels. MobiHoc; 2009. p. 175–84. Crossref
- Monowar MM, Hassan MM, Bajaber F, Hamid A, Alamri A. Thermal-Aware Multi constrained Intrabody QoS Routing for Wireless Body Area Networks, Hindawi. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks; 2014. p. 1–14.
- Nabi M, Blagojevic M, Geilen M, Basten T, Hendriks T. MCMAC An optimized Medium Access Control Protocol for Mobile Cluster in Wireless Sensor network. 2010 Proceedings of IEEE Second; 2010. p. 1–9.
- Li C, Hao B, Zhang K, Liu Y. A Novel Medium Access Control Protocol with Low Delay and Traffic adaptivity for Wireless Body Area Networks. Springer. 2011; 35(5):1265– 75.
- Jian S, Wue Y, Giani A, Bajesy R. Providing QoS support for Wireless remote health care system. IEEE; 2009. p. 1692–5.
- Hu L, Zhang Y, Feng D, Hassan MM, Alelaiwi A, Alamri A. Design of QoS-Aware Multi-Level MAC-Layer for Wireless Body Area Network. Springer; 2015. p. 1–11.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.