Total views : 123
Ensemble of Ada Booster with SVM Classifier for Anomaly Intrusion Detection in Wireless Ad Hoc Network
Objectives: An ensemble of Ada Booster with SVM (EAB-SVM) classifier technique is proposed for detecting the network intrusions and monitoring the activities of the node as well as classifying it as either normal or anomalous. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: The optimal feature selection method is applied in EAB-SVM to select the relevant features to classify and detect the intrusion in wireless ad-hoc network. After that, an ensemble of Ada booster with SVM (EAB-SVM) classifier is used for classifying the intrusion through updating the weight of samples. Finally, the objective function of the EAB-SVM classifier is used to distinguish the anomalous and normal node behavior accurately. This in turn improves the anomaly intrusion detection accuracy. Findings: The EAB-SVM technique comprises of two model namely optimal feature selection model and intrusion detection model. The EAB-SVM technique employed Optimal Feature Selection to choose the features and to reduce the data space dimension. This in turn assists to increase the packet delivery ratio. After selecting the optimal features, the intrusion detection and classification is performed using AdaBoost with SVM classifier for intrusion detection. The AdaBoost with SVM classifier discover the node behaviors as normal or anomalous and thereby achieves reliable packet delivery in wireless ad-hoc network. The performance of EAB-SVM technique is evaluated in terms of packet delivery ratio, classification time, false positive rate and anomaly intrusion detection accuracy and compared with existing two methods. Application/Improvements: The simulation results shows that the EAB-SVM technique achieved the better performance in terms of packet delivery ratio, classification time, false positive rate and anomaly intrusion detection accuracy compared to state-of-the-art methods.
Ada Booster, Anomalous Node, Anomaly-Based Intrusion Detection Features, Normal Node, SVM Classifier, Wireless Ad Hoc Network.
- Erfan A, Shams, Rizane A. A novel support vector machine based intrusion detection system for mobile ad hoc networks, Wireless Networks. 2017; 1–9.
- Constantinos K, Vasilis K, Georgios K. TermID: a distributed swarm intelligence-based approach for wireless intrusion detection. International Journal of Information Security. 2016; 1–16.
- Abdulsalam B, Tarek S, Elhadi S. Implementation of A3ACKs intrusion detection system under various mobility speeds. Procedia Computer Science. 2014; 32:571–8. Crossref
- Anusha K, Jayaleshwari N, Kumar AS, Rajyalakshmi GV. An Efficient and Secure Intrusion Detection Method in Mobile Ad-hoc Network using Intuitionistic Fuzzy. International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET). 2013 Jul; 5(3):2575–84.
- Vishnu B, Priya MK, Gokulnath C, Devi GU. Fuzzy Based Intrusion Detection Systems in MANET. Procedia Computer Science. 2015; 50:109–14. Crossref
- Ganapathy S, Yogesh P, Kannan A. Intelligent agent based intrusion detection system using enhanced multiclass SVM. Hindawi Publishing Corporation. Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience. 2012; 1–10. Crossref PMid:23056036 PMCid:PMC3465880
- Sergio P, Aikaterini M, Agustin O, Pedro P. Evaluation of classification algorithms for intrusion detection in MANETs. Knowledge-Based Systems. 2012; 36:217–25. Crossref
- Vydeki D, Bhuvaneswaran RS. Effect of clustering in designing a fuzzy based hybrid intrusion detection system for mobile ad hoc networks. Journal of Computer Science. 2013; 9(4):521–5. Crossref
- Dharmesh P, Yask P. Intrusion Detection Systems for Trust based Routing in Ad-Hoc Networks. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology & Security (IJCSITS). 2012; 2(6):1160–5.
- Aikaterini M, Christos D. Intrusion detection in MANET using classification algorithms: The effects of cost and model selection. Ad Hoc Networks. 2013 Jan; 11(1):226–37. Crossref
- Chun-Wei T. Incremental particle swarm optimization for intrusion detection. IET Networks. 2013; 2(3):124–30. Crossref
- Ahmed MN, Hanan AA, Omprakash K. FSM-F: Finite State Machine Based Framework for Denial of Service and Intrusion Detection in MANET. PLoS ONE journal. 2016; 11(6):1–17. Crossref PMid:27285146 PMCid:PMC4902226
- Visumathi J, Shunmuganathan KL. An Effective ID for MANET Using Forward Feature Selection and Classification Algorithms. Procedia Engineering. 2012; 38:2816–23. Crossref
- Jaya S, Deepak X. An Improved Naïve Bayes classifier for Intrusion Detection System. International Journal of Innovations & Advancement in Computer Science (IJIACS). 2016 Jun; 5(6):128–34.
- Lalli M, Palanisamy V. A novel intrusion detection model for Mobile ad-hoc networks using CP-KNN. International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications (IJCNC). 2014 Sep; 6(5):193–201. Crossref
- Sreenivasulu P, Reddy R. A Scalable Classifier for Intrusion Detection in Ad-hoc Networks. International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Global Technology. 2014 Apr; 2(4):584–8.
- Salunkhe, Mali SN. Security Enrichment in Intrusion Detection System Using Classifier Ensemble. Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2017 Mar; 16.
- Amin AA, Bin MIR. A novel SVM-kNN PSO ensemble method for intrusion detection system. Applied Soft Computing Journal. 2016; 38:360–72. Crossref
- Maqbool B. A New Classification Scheme for Intrusion Detection Systems. International Journal of Computer Network and Information Security. 2014; 8:56–70. Crossref
- Gan X , Duanmu J , Wang J , Cong W. Anomaly intrusion detection based on PLS feature extraction and core vector machine. Knowledge-Based Systems. 2013; 40:1–6. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.