Total views : 184
Wind Driven Optimization Technique for Equalization of Non-Minimum Phase Channel
Background/Objectives: We propose Wind Driven Optimization (WDO) algorithm as a novel technique to equalize the effects of non-minimum phase FIR channel in band limited high speed digital communication receivers. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This work aims at investigating the performance of WDO based channel equalizer in combating linear and nonlinear distortions caused due to Inter-Symbol Interference (ISI), Additive White Gaussian Noise (AWGN), multipath propagation etc. Findings: The non minimum phase channel is also equalized using Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) and Genetic Algorithm (GA), which is similar class of populations based iterative soft computing optimization algorithms aiming to achieve global solution. Application/Improvements: In the end, performance comparison is done and simulation results illustrate that WDO algorithm improves the reliability of channels equalization and is more robust to various channel conditions.
AWGN, Channel Equalization, Non-Minimum Phase, WDO.
- Proakis, John G. Digital Communications. McGraw-Hill. 1995.
- Haykin, Simon. Adaptive Filter Theory. Assessment, 2002.
- John PG, Manolakis GD. Introduction to Digital Signal Processing. Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference. 1988.
- Widrow B, Stearns DS. Adaptive Signal Processing. PrenticeHall Inc. 1985.
- Nanda SJ, Panda G, Majhi B. Improved Identification of Nonlinear Dynamic Systems using Artificial Immune System, 2008 Annual IEEE India Conference. 2008; 1:268-73. Crossref.
- Burse K, Yadav RN, Shrivastava SC. Channel Equalization using Neural Networks A Review, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C (Applications and Reviews). 2010; 40(3):352-57. Crossref.
- Merabti H, Massicotte D. Nonlinear Adaptive Channel Equalization using Genetic Algorithms. New Circuits and Systems Conference (NEWCAS). IEEE 12th International, 2014. p. 209-12. Crossref.
- Majhi B, Panda G, Choubey A. On the Development of a New Adaptive Channel Equalizer using Bacterial Foraging Optimization Technique. Annual IEEE India Conference, 2006. p. 1-6. Crossref.
- Yogi S, Subhashini KR, Satapathy JK, Kumar S. Equalization of Digital Communication Channels based on PSO Algorithm. Communication Control and Computing Technologies (ICCCCT). IEEE International Conference; 2010. p. 725-30. Crossref.
- Karaboga, Nurhan, Cetinkaya B. Design of Digital FIR Filters using Differential Evolution Algorithm, Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing. 2006; 25(5):649-60. Crossref.
- Nanda SJ, Panda G, Majhi B. Development of Novel Digital Equalizers for Noisy Nonlinear Channel using Artificial Immune System. IEEE Region 10 and the Third International Conference on Industrial and Information System; 2008. p. 1-6. Crossref.
- Bayraktar Z, Muge, Werner D H. Wind driven optimization (WDO): A novel nature inspired optimization algorithm and its application to electromagnetics. IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation Society. 2010, pp. 1-4.
- Bayraktar Z, Komurcu M, BossardJ A, Werner DH. The Wind Driven Optimization Technique and its Application in Electromagnetics, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2013; 61(5):2745-57. Crossref.
- Mahto SK, Choubey A. A Novel Hybrid IWO/WDO Algorithm for Interference Minimization of Uniformly Excited Linear Sparse Array by Position-only Control, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2016; 15: 250-54. Crossref.
- Sinha R, Choubey A, Mahto SK. A Novel Efficient Transversal Channel Equalizer based on Nature Inspired Wind Driven Optimization (WDO) Technique, Kasmera Journal. 2016; 44(1):423-36.
- Giannakis GB, Mendel JM. Identification of Nonminimum Phase Systems using Higher Order Statistics, IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing. 1989; 37(3):360-77. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.