Total views : 150
A Review of Various Multi-Frequency Antenna Design Techniques
Background/Objectives: The paper caters to the need for multi banding of Micro Strip Antennas (MSAs), that has been well recognized as one of the major research issue in antenna engineering in 21st century. Methods/Statistical analysis: Wireless applications, supporting multiband standards have put new demands on antennas related to bandwidth, gain, size and efficiency. Recent efforts by several researchers around the world to achieve multiband geometry have led to an emergence of new and innovative antenna designs which are presented in this paper. Findings: This paper gives a comprehensive review of various techniques to design compact, multiband planar antennas for wireless devices and applications. The theoretical concept to achieve multi frequency antenna along with related issues for designing have been generally and briefly discussed. Especially, the design examples, some of which are published in literature are presented for the illustration purpose. Recent techniques like EBG/AMC, SRR/CRR, FSS and DGS have also been included in this review. Application/Improvements: These antennas find their extensive use in different wireless applications in the field of communication, medical stream and satellite communication. The innovations in technology have been presented which includes improved antenna designs using better techniques for enhanced performance in the respective fields.
Defected Ground Plane Structures, Electromagnetic Band-Gap, Fractals, Frequency Selective Surfaces, Micro Strip Antenna, Multi Banding, Notching, Slotting, Split Ring Resonators.
- WiMAX/WLAN standards. http://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/ WiMAX/ WLAN. Date Accessed: 21/01/ 2014.
- Zing Ning Chen, Michael Y.W. Chia -Broadband Planar Antennas – Design and Applications. John Wiley & Sons Ltd. 2006.
- Balanis CA. Micro strip Antennas Antenna Theory Analysis and Design. 2nd Edition. John Wiley & Sons Ltd United Kingdom. 1997.
- Guha D, Anta YMM. Microstrip and Printed AntennasNew trends techniques and applications.1st edition John Wileyand Sons Ltd. United Kingdom. 2011.
- Singla G, Khanna R. Modified CPW-fed rotated E-slot antenna for LTE/WiMAX applications. International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies. Published online by Cambridge University Press. 2014Jun;7 (5):535– 42.
- Cai RN. Simulation and Experimental Research on the Multiband Slot-loaded Printed Antenna. Proceedings of 12th IEEE Conference on Communication Technology (ICCT). 2010. p. 500–3.
- Shivnarayanan, Babau R, Vishvkarma. Analysis of notch loaded patch for dual band operation. Indian journal of Radio and Space Physics. 2006; 35:435–42.
- Lee CT, Wong KL. Uniplanar Printed Coupled-Fed PIFA with a Band-Notching Slit for WLAN/WiMAX Operation in the Laptop Computer. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2009; 57(4):1252–258. Available from: Crossref
- Hum SV, Chii J, Jolinston RH, Okoniewski M. Improving the Bandwidth of Micro strip Patch Antennas Using Resistive Loading. Antenna and Propagation Society Symposium. 2003, 2, pp. 276-279.
- Huang CY, Ling CW, Kuo JS. Dual-band micro strip antenna using capacitive loading. IEEE Proc.-Micro w. Antennas Propagation. 2003;150 (6): 401–4.
- Mahmoud SF. Compact broadband micro strip patch antennas. Proceedings of 24th National Radio Science Conference. 2007.p. 1–6.
- Felber P. Fractal Antennas A literature study as a project for ECE 576. Illinois Institute of Technology. 2000. PMCID:PMC1370046
- Prombutr N, Akaraektharin P. Analysis and Design Hilbert Curve Fractal Antenna Feed with Co-planar Waveguide for multi-band wireless communications. International Journal of Engineering. 2008;2(3):1–50.
- Manimegalai B, Raju S, Abhaikumar V. A Multifractal Cantor Antenna for Multiband Wireless Applications. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2009;8:359–62. Available from: Crossref
- Eleftheriades GI, Balmain KG. Negative-Refraction Metamaterials Fundamental Principles and Applications. John Wiley & Sons Inc. 2005.Available from: Crossref 16. Fan Yang, Rahmat-Samii Y. Electromagnetic Band Gap Structures in Antenna Engineering. Cambridge University Press. 2009.
- Tie Jun C, Smith D, Liu R. Metamaterials - Theory Design and Applications. 2010.
- Abbasi NA, Langley RJ. Multiband-integrated antenna/ artificial magnetic conductor. Microwaves Antennas & Propagation. 2010; 5(6):711–17.Available from: Crossref
- Elsheakh DN, Elsadek HAM, Abdallah EAF. Four Arms Spiral Ground of MPA with Different Feed Techniques for Size Reduction and Multi-Band Operation. IEEE Symposium on Antenna and Propagation (APSURSI). 2011.p.286–88.Available from: Crossref
- Hou Q, Tang H, Liu Y, Zhao X. Dual-Frequency and Broadband Circular Patch Antennas with a MonopoleType Pattern Based on Epsilon-Negative Transmission Line. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2012,;11:442–45.Available from: Crossref
- Arya AK, Patnaik A, Machavaram K. Defected Ground Structure in the perspective of Microstrip Antennas A Review. 2010;64 (5-6):78–84.
- Weng LH, Guo YC, Shi XW, Chen XQ. An Overview on Defected Ground Structure. Progress in Electromagnetics Research B. 2008;7:173–189.Available from: Crossref
- Liu WC, Wu CM, Dai Y. Design of Triple-Frequency Micro strip-Fed Monopole Antenna Using Defected Ground Structure. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2011;59 (7):2457–246. Available from: Crossref
- SRR (Split Ring Resonators). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ SRRs. Date Accessed: 10/ 01/ 2014.
- Baena JD, Bonache J, Martín F, Sillero RM, Falcone F, Lopetegi T, Laso MAG, García–García J. Equivalent-Circuit Models for Split-Ring Resonators and Complementary Split-Ring Resonators Coupled to Planar Transmission Lines. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques. 2005;53 (4):1451–466.Available from: Crossref
- Wang L, Yuan MQ, Liu QH. A Dual-Band Printed Electrically Small Antenna Covered by Two Capacitive SplitRing Resonators. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2011;10:824–26.Available from: Crossref
- Jeffrey A, Reed. Frequency Selective Surfaces with Multiple Periodic Elements. 1997. PMCID:PMC1722154
- Drupp R, Bossard J, Werner DH, Mayer TS, Ye YH. Multiband Infrared Frequency Selective Surfaces. Department of Electrical Engineering and The Center for Nanoscale Science The Pennsylvania State University. 2003.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.