Total views : 151
A Novel Modified SSRR Metamaterial Antenna for 5GHz WLAN Band Applications
Objectives: In this paper design and analysis of novel metamaterial antenna for WLAN band applications is presented. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Proposed antenna operates at WLAN 802.11 band between 5 to 6 GHz range. The proposed antenna uses novel modified Square Split Ring Resonator (SSRR) shaped patch resulting in electrically smaller size and improved antenna performance in terms of gain and bandwidth. Findings: The overall size of antenna is 22.5 mm × 17.5 mm × 1 mm making it useful for small wireless devices. Simulated and measured results are presented and compared. Both the results are in good match with each other. Applications: Proposed antenna is suitable for its use in small and compact wireless devices such as USB dongles.
ISM, Metamaterial, SSRR, WLAN.
- Veselago VG. The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of ε and μ. Soviet Physics Uspekhi. 1968; 10(4):509–14. Crossref
- Smith DR, Schultz S, Markos P, Soukoulis CM. Determination of effective permittivity and permeability of metamaterials from reflection and transmission coefficients. Physical Review B. 2002 Apr; 65(19):1–5. Crossref
- Ziolkowski RW, Erentok A. Metamaterial-based efficient electrically small antennas. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2006 Jul; 54(7):2113–30. Crossref
- Erentok A, Ziolkowski RW. Metamaterial-Inspired Efficient Electrically Small Antennas. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2008 Mar; 56(3):691–707. Crossref
- Batra M, Pattnaik SS, Joshi JG, Devi S. Design of Planar Left-Handed Metamaterial using Triangular Split Structure. Proceedings of International Symposium on Microwave and Optical Technology; 2009. p. 606–9. PMid:20016025 PMCid:PMC2817620
- Alibakhshi-Kenari M, Movahhedi M, Hadi Naderian. A New Miniature Ultra Wide Band Planar Microstrip Antenna based on the Metamaterial Transmission Line. Proceedings of IEEE Asia-Pacific Conference on Applied Electromagnetics; 2012. p. 293–7.
- Awasthi A, Saini G. Microstrip Array Antenna with Left Handed Metamaterial at C-Band. International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology. 2014; 3(3):377–80.
- Ha J, Kwon K, Youngki, Choi J. Hybrid Mode Wideband Patch Antenna Loaded With a Planar Metamaterial Unit Cell. IEEE Transaction on Antenna and Propagation. 2012; 60(2):1143–7. Crossref
- Lee JH, Ko ST, Park BC. Hybrid Metamaterial Antennas. Proceedings of the 43rd European Microwave Conference; 2013. p. 838–41.
- Singh M, Marwaha V, Thakur A, Saini HS, Kumar N. Design of a low return loss Planar Inverted F Antenna (PIFA) for 4G & WLAN applications loaded with Metamaterial lens. Proceedings of 3rd IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks (SPIN); 2016. p. 539–43. Crossref
- Jiang ZH, Wu Q, Brocker DE, Sieber PE, Werner DH. A Low-Profile High-Gain Substrate-Integrated Waveguide Slot Antenna Enabled by an Ultrathin Anisotropic ZeroIndex Metamaterial Coating. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2014; 62(3):1173–84. Crossref
- Malik A, Kundu S, Goni O. Gain and SAR Improvement of a conventional Patch Antenna using a novel Pi-Shaped DNG Metamaterial. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Electrical Information and Communication Technology; 2014. p. 1–6. Crossref
- Saxena A, Saini G. A Knight Helm Shaped UltraWideband (UWB) Microstrip Patch Antenna Loaded with Metamaterial. International Journal of Research in Electronics & Communication Technology. 2016; 3(2):15–7.
- Rosaline SI, Raghavan S. Metamaterial Inspired Square Ring Monopole Antenna for WLAN Applications. ACES Express Journal. 2016; 1(1):1–4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.