Total views : 199
Comprehensive Analysis of UFMC with OFDM and FBMC
Objectives: To design a novel waveform for 5G communications with less Peak to Average Power Ratio and high Spectral efficiency Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this paper, Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM), Filter Bank Multicarrier (FBMC)and Universal Filtered Multi-Carrier (UFMC) are compared and PAPR of these techniques is analyzed by applying different subcarriers and modulation techniques. Findings: The spectral efficiency is poor in OFDM due to the presence of cyclic prefix and the efficiency can be improved by FBMC and UFMC. The use of separate filters for individual subcarriers eliminates the cyclic prefix and an increase in the sub carriers reduces the PAPR further. The PAPR varies according to the modulation techniques used. Application/Improvements: UFMC is a better waveform technique for 5G communication when compare to OFDM and FBMC which will have less PAPR and the PAPR is further reduced by applying the optimization techniques.
FBMC, OFDM, PAPR, UFMC.
- Schaich F, Wild T. Waveform contenders for 5G - OFDM vs. FBMC vs. UFMC, Bell Laboratories, Stuttgart, Germany, IEEE. 2014. p. 457–60.
- Gawas AU. An Overview on Evolution of Mobile Wireless Communication Networks: 1G-6G, IJRITCC. 2015 May; 3(5):1–4.
- Bellanger M. FBMC physical layer: a primer. PHYDYAS. 2010; 1–31.
- Vakilian V, Wild T, Schaich F, Ten Brink S, Frigon JF. Universal Filtered Multi-Carrier Technique for Wireless Systems Beyond LTE. 9th International Workshop on Broadband Wireless Access at IEEE Globecom’13, Atlanta: 2013 Dec. p. 1–6. Crossref
- Lowery J. Reducing cyclic prefix overhead in optical OFDM systems. 35th European Conference on Optical Communication, Vienna: 2009. p. 1–2.
- Pollet T, Moeneclaey M. The effect of carrier frequency offset on the performance of band limited single carrier and OFDM signals. Global Telecommunications Conference GLOBECOM ‘96. ‘Communications: The Key to Global Prosperity, London: 1996. p. 719–23. Crossref
- Palicot J, Loucet Y. Power ratio definitions and analysis in single carrier modulations. EUSIPCO, Antalya, Turkey: 2005 Sep. p. 1–11.
- Wild T, Schaich F, Chen Y.5G Air Interface Design based on Universal Filtered UF-OFDM. Proceeding of the 19thInternational Conference on Digital Signal Processing, 2014 Aug. p. 1–17.
- Luo FL, Zhang C. An Introduction to Modulations and Waveforms for 5G Networks. Willey-IEEE. 2016 Oct. p. 610.
- Tao Y, Liu LS, LIU, Zhang Z. A survey: Several technologies of non-orthogonal transmission for 5G. China communications. 2015 Oct; 12(10):1–15. Crossref
- Jiang T, Wu Y. An Overview: Peak-to-Average Power Ratio Reduction Techniques for OFDM Signals. IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting. 2008 Jun; 54(2):257–68. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.