Total views : 146
GA Algorithm Optimizing SVM Multi-Class Kernel Parameters Applied in Arabic Speech Recognition
Objectives: This paper proposes a novel recognition technique (ASR) based on GA optimized SVM multi-class algorithm. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The Kernel parameters of support vector machine are very important problems that have a great influence on the performance of recognition rate. Thus, GA is adapted to optimize the penalty parameter C and the kernel parameter λ for SVM multi-class, which leads to improve classification performance. Finally, the proposed model is tested experimentally using eleven Arabic words mono-locator. Each word of them is extracted by Mel Frequency Cepstral Coefficients (MFCCs) and used as an input to the SVM multi-class classifier. Findings: The proposed method enhances the recognition rate which is performed to 100% within short duration training time. Application/Improvements: The obtained results shows that the GA-SVM technique achieved the better performance
Automatic Speech Recognition, Genetic Algorithm, Mel Frequency Cepstrum Coefficients, Supports Vector Machines
- Juang BH, Rabiner LR. Hidden Markov models for speech recognition. Journal of Technometrics. 1991; 33(3):251–72.Crossref
- O’Shaugnessy D. Interacting with computers by voice: Automatic speech recognition and synthesis. Proceedings of the IEEE. 2003 Sep; 91(9):1272–305. Crossref
- Ahad A, Fayyaz A, Mehmood T. Speech recognition using multilayer perceptron. IEEE Proceeding Students Conference (ISCON’02). 2002; 1:103–9.Crossref
- Sivaram GSVS, Hermansky H. Sparse multilayer perceptron for phoneme recognition. IEEE Transaction on Audio Speech and Language Processing. 2012 Jan; 20(1):23–9.Crossref
- Venkateswarlu RLK, Kumari RV. Novel approach for speech recgonition by using Self-Organised Maps. International Conference on Emerging Trends in Networks and Computer Communications (ETNCC); 2011. p. 215–22.
- Solera-Urena R, Padrell-Sendra J, Martin-Iglesias D, Gallardo-Antolin A, Pelaez-Moreno C, Diaz-De-Maria F.SVMs for automatic speech recognition: A survey. Progress in nonlinear speech processing; 2007. p. 190–216.
- Sayers C. Self Organizing Feature Maps and their Applications to Robotics. Technical Reports (CIS).
- Department of Computer and Information Science; 1991 May. p. 1–39.
- Trentin E, Gori M. Robust combination of neural networks and hidden Markov models for speech recognition. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks. 2003 Nov; 14(6):1519– 31. Crossref
- Pal M, Mather PM. Support vector machines for classification in remote sensing. International Journal of Remote Sensing. 2005 Mar; 26(5):1007–11. Crossref
- Ancona N, Maglietta R, Stella E. Data representations and generalization error in kernel based learning machines.Pattern Recognition. 2006 Sep; 39(9):1588–603. Crossref
- Chi M, Feng R, Bruzzone L. Classification of hyperspectral remotesensing data with primal SVM for small-sized training dataset problem. Advances in Space Research. 2008; 41(11):1793–9. Crossref
- Yuan X, Liu A. Kernel Parameter Selection of the Support Vector Machine Based on Particle Swarm Optimization Techniques of Automation and Application. 2007; 26(5): 5–8.
- O’Shaughnesssy D. Invited paper: Automatic speech recognition: History, methods and challenges. Pattern Recognition. 2008 Oct; 41(10):2965–79. Crossref
- Boser BE, Guyon IM, Vapnik VN. A training algorithm for optimal margin classifiers. Proceedings of the fifth annual workshop on computational learning theory; 1992. p. 144– 52. Crossref
- Smits GF, Jordan EM. Improved SVM Regression Using Mixtures of Kernels. IEEE Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on neural network; 2002. p. 2785–90.Crossref16. Haykin S. Redes Neurais: Principio e pratica. Bookman; 2002.
- Clarkson P, Moreno P J. Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing. IEEE International Conference; 1999.
- Scholkopf B, Simard P, Smola A, Vapnik V. Prior knowledge in support vector kernels. Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems; 1997. p. 640–6.
- Holland JH. Adaptation in natural and artificial systems.MIT Press; 1992.
- Man KF, Tang KS, Kwong S. Genetic algorithms. Concepts and designs. Springer; 1999. Crossref
- Bhara SS, Kalita SK. A comparative study of different features for isolated spoken word recognition using HMM with reference to Assamese language. International Journal Speech Technology. 2015 Dec; 18(4):673–84. Crossref
- Alotaibi YA, Alghamdi M, Alotaiby F. Speech Recognition System of Arabic Alphabet Based on a Telephony Arabic Corpus. International Conference on Image and Signal Processing; 2010. p. 122–9. Crossref
- Morgan N. Deep and Wide: Multiple Layers in Automatic Speech Recognition. IEEE transaction on Audio Speech and Language Processing. 2012 Jan; 20(1):7–13. Crossref
- Nasr MB, Talbi M, Cherif A. Arabic Speech Recognition by Bionic Wavelet Transform and MFCC using a Multi Layer Perceptron. 6th International Conference on Sciences of Electronics Technologies of Information and Telecommunications (SETIT); 2012. p. 803–8. Crossref
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.