Total views : 80
Fractional Order PI Controller Based PMSM Drive under Dynamic Loading Conditions
Objective: The main objective of this paper is to examine the permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) drive using controller under dynamics. Statistical Analysis: The method adapted for analyzing dynamics occurring in PMSM drive is fractional calculus on PI (proportional-integral) controller. The vector control scheme was applied for speed control and stimulated in MATLAB and Simulink under various operating conditions. Findings: The FOPI controlled drive shows better control execution property and robustness over traditional integer order PI controller. The dynamics during load and speed variations are figured out to be normal than the actual case by use of FOPI as speed controller. Improvement: The stimulation result shows the performance and adequacy of the proposed FOPI controlled PMSM drive system.
Direct Torque Control, Field Oriented Control, FOPI Controller, Nelder-Mead, PMSM.
- Radwan TS, Rahman MA. Dynamic Analysis of a High Performance Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drive, CCECE, IEEE. 1996.
- Vas P. Vector Control of AC Machines, Clarendon Press. Oxford. 1990.
- Pday P, Krishna R. Control Characteristics and Speed Controller Design for a High performance Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drive. IEEE Power Electron. 1990; 5(4):151–9.
- Power Electronics Handbook, Thrid Edition, by Muhammad H. Rashid, PhD, Fellow IET (UK), Fellow IEEE (USA) Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Principles of Operation of Synchronous Machines, copyright © 2004 John Wiley and Sons from www.knovel.com.
- Zhong L, Rahman MF. Analysis of Direct Torque Control in Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drives. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 1997 May; 12(3). Crossref
- Merzoug MS, Naceri F. Comparison of Field-Oriented Control and Direct Torque Control for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM). World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. 2008; 21.
- Maji P. Field Oriented Control of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Using PID Controller. International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. 2015 Feb; 4(2).
- Xu T, Zhang Z. Simulation of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Control System With Extended Kalman Filter. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. 2013 May 10; 51.
- Zamani M, Karimi-Ghartemani M, Sadati N. FOPID Controller Design for Robust Performance. An International Journal for Theory and Applications. 2007; 10(2).
- Luan Vu TN, Giang LH, Linh L. Fractional-Order PI Controller Tuning Rules for
- Wang R. Fractional-order PI Speed Control for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor. International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation, Chengdu, China. 2012 Aug 5 - 8. Crossref
- Jiacai H, Hongsheng L. Fractional Order Sliding Mode Controller for the Speed Control of a Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor. 2012 24th Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC).
- Leuzzi R, Lino P, Maione G, Stasi S. Combined Fractional Feedback-Feed forward Controller Design for Electrical Drives, IEEE. 2014.
- Pham N, Wilamowski BM. Improved Nelder Mead’s Simplex Method and Applications. Journal of Computing. 2011 Mar; 3(3). Issn2151-9617.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.