Total views : 149
Technology and Environmental Management: A Vision and Road Map for Future
Objectives: Apart from natural phenomena & processes, anthropogenic activities also effect the management of environment. Advancement in the technology has proven some lucrative benefits. This paper emphasizes how the technology can be beneficial for the environmental management. The main objective of the paper is to draw attention towards the issues & concerns for environmental management & to proceed towards Sustainable Development. Methods/Statistical Analysis: To pursue further relationship between technology & Environmental Management, ample of study was made where the works of different researchers were taken into consideration. Overview of the paper discovered some solution to environmental management issues which can be taken as the vision & road map for our future. Findings/Results: The findings of this paper also enlist the various upcoming techniques that can precede our environment & society to sustainable development. Application/Improvements: Applicability & Innovations in these technologies can be utilized for the commercial as well as Industrial Purpose.
Environmental Education, Environmental Management, Environmental Management Systems
- Khan AA, Gaur RZ, TyagiVK, Khursheed A, Mehrotra I, Kazmi AA. Sustainable option of post treatment UASB.Resources,Conservation and Recycling. 2011 Oct; 55(12):1232–51. Crossref
- Tawfik A, Gohary EF, Temmink EH. Treatment of domestic wastewater in an up-flow anaerobic sludge blanket reactor followed by moving bed biofilm reactor. Bioprocess Biosyst Engineering. 2010; 33:267–76. Crossref, PMid:19404682
- Mathur RP. Water and wastewater testing (A laboratory manual). Nem Chand & Brothers Publishers; 2013.
- Jamwal P, Mittal AK, Mouchel JM. Efficiency evaluation of sewage treatment plants with different technologies in Delhi (India). Environmental Monitoring and Assessment. 2009 Jun; 153:293–305. Crossref, PMid:18575954
- General Effluent Discharge Standard. Available from Crossref. Acessed on 26/08/2016.
- Rusten B, Mcoy M, Proctor R, Siljudalen JG. The innovative moving bed biofilm reactor/solids contact reaeration process for secondary treatment of municipal sewage. Water Environment Research. 1998; 70(5):1083–6. Crossref
- Shieh WK, Keenan JD. Fluidized Bed Biofilm reactor for wastewater treatment. Journal of Advances in Biochemical Engineering/Biotechnology. 1986; 33:131–69. Crossref
- Operation and Maintenance Manual for Sewage Treatment Plant, MunicipalCorporation,Chandigarh. Available from Crossref. Accessed on 26/08/2016.
- Colmenarejo MF, Rubio A, Sanchez E,Vicente J, Gracia MG.Bojra R. Evaluarion of municipal wastewater plants with different technologies at Las-Rozas Madrid (Spain). Journal of Environmental Mangement. 2006 Dec; 81(4):399–404.Crossref, PMid:16580126
- Tandukar M, Machar I, Vemura S, Ohashi A. Potential of combination of UASB and DHS reactor as a Noval Sewage treatment system for developing countries Long term Evaluation. Journal of Environmental Engineering. 2006 Dec; 132(2):2697–705. Crossref
- Tandukara M, Ohashib A, Harada H. Performance comparison of a pilot-scale UASB and DHS system and activated sludge process for the treatment of municipal wastewater. Water Research. 2007 Jun; 41(12):2697–705. Crossref, PMid:17418365
- Fitch MW, Lam A, Segar R. Biological Fixed Film Systems.Water Environment Research. 2000; 72(5):476–82.
- Boller M. Small waste water treatment plants A Challenge to waste water engineers.Journal of Water Science and Technology. 1997; 35(6):1–2. Crossref
- Burton FL, Stensel DH. Wastewater Engineering Treatment Disposal and Reuse. 4th ed. New Delhi: Tata McGraw Hill Publishinh Co Ltd; 2003.
- Hale M. Training for environmental technologies and environmental management. Journal of Cleaner Production.1995; 3(2):19–23. Crossref
- Daily BF, Huang S. Achieving sustainability through attention to human resource factors in environmental management.InternationalJournal of Operations & Production Management. 2001; 21(12):1539–52. Crossref
- Hoffert MI, Caldeira K, Benford G, Criswell DR, Green C, Herzog H, Jain AK, Kheshgi HS, Lackner KS, Lewis JS. Lightfoot. Available from Crossref. Manheimer HD, Mankins W. Mauel ME, Perkins LJ, Schlesinger ME, Volk T, Wigley TML. Advanced Technology Paths to Global Climate Stability Energy for a Greenhouse Planet. Science.2001 Apr; 298(5595):981–7. Available from Crossref.
- Mohanty AK,Misra M, DrzalL T.Sustainable BioComposites from Renewable Resources Opportunities and Challenges in the Green Materials World. Journal of Polymers and the Environment. 2002 Apr; 10(1):19–26.Crossref
- Mehta PK. Concrete Technology for sustainable development. Concrete International. 1999; 21(11):47–53.
- Li H, Chen Z, Young L, Kong SCW. Application of integrated GPS and GIS technology for reducing construction waste and improving construction efficiency. Automation in Constrction. 2005; 14(3):323–31. Crossref
- Provis JL, Duxson P, Deventer JSJ. The role of particle technology in developing sustainable construction materials. Advanced Powder Technology. 2010; 21(1):2–7. Crossref
- Ashori A. Wood-plastic composites as promising greencomposites for automative industries. Bioresource Technol. 2008; 99(11):4661–7. Crossref
- Goldemberg J. Ethanol for a Sustainable Energy Future. Science. 2007 Feb; 315(5813):808–10. Crossref, PMid:17289989
- Kotay SM, Das D. Biohydrogen as a renewable energy resource—Prospects and potentials. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 2008; 33(1):258–63. Crossref
- IsmailB I, Ahmed WH. Thermoelectric power generation using waste-heat energy as an alternative green technology.
- Recent Patents on Electric & Electronic Engineering. 2009; 2(1):27–39. Crossref
- Ng FY, Yew FK, Basiron Y, Sundram K. A Renewable Future Driven with Malaysian Palm Oil-based Green Technology.Journal of Oil Palm & The Environment. 2011; 2:1–7.
- Harrold T, Armour S, Krikidis I, Videv S, Grant PM, Hass H, Thompson JS, Ku I, Cheng-Xiang W, Le TA, Nakhai MR, Zhang J, Hanzo L. Green Radio radio techniques to enable energy-efficient wireless networks. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2011; 49(6):46–54. Crossref
- Tarang MM, Lin MJ, Tarng ES,Tarng AC, Tarng AS, Neih JI, Tarang HC, Neih SY. Green Technology green circuit and device designs of green chip. 2012.
- Tao H, Kaplan DL, Omenetto FG. Silk Materials–A Road to Sustainable High Technology. Advanced Materials. 2012; 24(21):2824–37. Crossref, PMid:22553118
- Fang CS, Lai DMC, Chang BKL, Klaila WJ. Oil recovery and waste reduction by microwave radiation. 1989 Nov; 8:235–8.
- Cheryan M, Rajgopalan N. Membrane processing of oily streams wastewater treatment and waste reduction. Journal of Membrane Science. 1998; 151(1):13–28. Crossref
- Lesage S, Brown S, Millar K, Novakowaski K. Humic acids enhanced removal of aromatic hydrocarbons from contaminated aquifers developing a sustainable technology.Journal of Environmental Science and Health Part A Toxic/ Hazardous Substances and Environmental Engineering. 2001; 36(8):1515–33. Crosserf
- Du G, Yu J. Green Technology for conversion of food scraps to biodegradable thermoplastic polyhydroxyalkanoates.2002; 36(24):5511–6.
- Gratão PL, Prasad MNV,Cardoso PF, Lea, PJ, Azevedo RA.Phytoremediation Green technology for the cleanup of toxic metals in the environment. 2005; 17(1):53–64.
- Phillips DH. Permeable reactive barriers A sustainable technology for cleaning contaminated groundwater in developing countries. Desalination. 2009; 248(1-3):352–9. Crossref
- Qiyong XU, Jiaoju GE. Reduction of CO2 Emission Using Bioreactor Technology for Waste Management in China. 2011; 5:1026–31. Available from Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.