Total views : 97
Designing of a Fractal Annular Array Antenna with use of Power Divider
Objective: The prime objective of the proposed work is to design a single antenna on low cost FR4 substrate that will work for multiband frequencies with improved gain. It provides acceptable return loss at 2GHz, 2.76GHz, 3.47GHz, 4.57GHz and 5.35GHz.Method/Analysis-A power-divider is used to form an array of two elements. In this paper, a T-junction power divider is used. For making a power-divider the three-port network is used for power division. In this design one input line is later divided into two parallel lines. Antenna is attached at the output of both the ends. For simulation HFSS(High Frequency Structure Simulator)version 13 is used. HFSS is very accurate and easy software for antenna designing. Findings-In this design, initially a simple sierpinski structure is modified. In place of a triangular patch, annular ring is designed and etched out from the structure. This process is continued upto 2nd iteration. Two such antennas are attached through equal-split power divider. The simple triangular patch with modifications (annular shape) is firstly simulated and later with use of power divider (T-shaped power divider). With use of power divider same antenna works for multiband frequencies and providing good gain. Microstrip feed has been used for feeding the antennas. Novelty-This unique antenna will work for RFID, W-Lan, Wi-Fi applications. Single antenna work for multiband frequency.
Annular ring, Array, Fractal, HFSS, Power-Divider, Sierpinski
- Werner DH, Ganguly S. An overview of fractal antenna engineering research. IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine. 2003 Feb; 45(1):38–57. Crosserf
- Puente C. On the behavior of sierpinski multiband fractal antenna. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation.1998 Apr; 46(4):517–24. Crossref
- Mehdipour A, Abdel-Razik S, Christopher. Full-composite fractal antenna using carbon nanotubes for multiband wireless application. IEEE Antenna and wireless Propagation Letter. 2010; 9:891–4. Crossref
- Kumari S, Srivastava S, Lal RK. Design of monopole fractal antenna using annular ring for RFID application. IEEE International Conference on Soft Computing. 2015 Oct; 8–10.
- Werner DH, Haupt RL, Werner PL. Fractal antenna engineering research. IEEE Antennas and Propogation Magazine.1999 Oct; 41(5):37–59. Crossref
- David MP. Microwave Engineering. 3rd ed. Wiley Sons Publication; 2004. p. 315–6. PMid:15552558
- Parad LI, Moynihan RL. Split-Tee Power divider. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques.1965Jan; 13(1):91–5. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.