Total views : 124
Energy Efficient Cluster Formation in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Particle Swarm Optimization
Objective: To achieve the maximum possible lifetime of a network by efficient clustering and reducing the energy expended by sensor nodes. Methods/Analysis: Wireless Sensor Networks are an important part in today’s network infrastructure. With a great deal of importance given to minimized sensors due to the boom in Internet of Things combined with the traditional uses in military, pollution monitoring and gathering other geospatial data, WSNs are playing an ever increasing role in the technology sphere. The confinements of WSN incorporate the constrained battery life of the sensor hubs and the trouble in supplanting them on the field. Hence the most important criteria to be expand the lifetime of the system by minimising battery utilisation through efficient clustering algorithms. Findings: In our research, we have focused on using the Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) algorithm for efficient clustering. The proposed model simulated through MATLAB.
Clustering, Energy Efficiency, Particle Swarm Optimization, Wireless Sensor Networks
- Zungeru, Murtala A, Ang L, Seng KP. Classical and swarm based routing protocols for wireless sensor networks: a survey and comparison. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2012 Sep; 5(35):1508–36.
- Prabhu SRB, Sophia S. A survey of adaptive distributed clustering algorithms for wireless sensor networks.International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering Survey (IJCSES). 2011 Nov; 2(4):165–76.
- Sundaran K, Ganapathy V. Energy efficient wireless sensor networks using dual cluster head with sleep/active mechanism.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Nov; 9(41):1–6.
- Afsar MM, Tayarani-N M-H. Clustering in sensor networks: a literature survey. Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Elsevier, ScienceDirect. 2014 Nov; 46:198–226. Crossref.
- Joseph PS, Balaj CD. Transmission loss minimization using optimization technique based on PSO. IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IOSR-JEEE). 2013 May – Jun; 6(1):1–5.
- Khandare A, Alvi AS. Efficient clustering algorithm with improved clusters quality. IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE). 2016 Nov – Dec; 18(6):15–9.
- Kuila P, Jana PK. Energy efficient clustering and routing algorithms for wireless sensor networks: particle swarm optimization approach. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Elsevier, ScienceDirect. 2014 Aug; 33:127–40.
- Udaykumar K, Thirugnanam T. Analysis of various clustering algorithms in wireless sensor network. InternationalJournal of Computer Science and Information Technologies.2015; 6(2):1685–91.
- Abad MFK, Jamali MAJ. Modify LEACH algorithm for wireless sensor network. International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2011 Sep; 8(5):219–24.
- Xie D, Zhou Q, You X, Li B, Yuan X. A novel energy efficient cluster formation strategy: from the perspective of cluster members. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Communication Letters. 2013 Nov; 17(11):2044–7.
- Jerusha, Kulothungan K, Kannan A. Location aware cluster based routing in wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Computer and Communication Technology.2012; 5(3):1–6.
- Kuila P, Jana PK. A novel differential evolution based clustering algorithm for wireless sensor networks. Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier, ScienceDirect. 2014 Dec; 25: 414–25.
- Panigrahy SK, Jena SK, Turuk AK. Security in bluetooth, RFID and wireless sensor networks. In the Proceedings of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) International Conference on Communication Computing and Security (ICCCS), Odisha India; 2011 Feb 12–14. p.628–33.
- Karlof C, Wagner D. Secure routing in wireless sensor networks: attacks and countermeasures. Ad Hoc Network, Elsevier, ScienceDirect. 2003 Sep; 1(2–3):293–315. Crossref.
- Soro S, Heinzelman WB. Cluster head election techniques for coverage preservation in wireless sensor networks. Ad Hoc Network, Elsevier, ScienceDirect. 2009 Jul; 7(5):955– 72. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.