Total views : 111
The Impact of Resource Consumption Attack on Signal-Stability based Adaptive Routing Protocol in Manet
Objectives: It analyzed the simulation based study for impact of resource consumption attack on Signal-Stability Based Adapting (SSA) routing protocol in MANET. The performance of routing protocol is calculated by using these different parameters like throughput, Packet Delivery Ratio (PDR), end to end delay (E2E), routing overhead and energy consumption. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: The whole simulation is carried out through NS-2. NS-2 (Network Simulator version 2) is used for this simulation which is developed by UC Berkely. NS-2 is basically a combination of two languages OTcl and C++. Components of NS-2 are NAM (Network Animator), Proposing, Post prosing. NS-2 is a discrete event simulator in this C++ is easy to code but slower to run whereas OTcl is fast to run and difficult to code. Findings: We see the impact of this attack with three different performance metrics such as End to End, routing overhead, energy consumption throughput and packet delivery ratio (PDR).
Denial of Service (DoS) Attack, MANET, Performance Parameters, Resource Consumption Attack (RCA), Signal- Stability Based Adapting (SSA)
- Lee SJ, Gerla M, Toh CK. A Simulation Study of Table Driven and On Demand Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE Networks. 1999; 13(4):48-54. Crossref
- Jain S, Agrawal K. Prevention against Rushing Attack on MZRP in Mobile Adhoc Network. International Journal of Computer Science and Technology. 2014 September; 5(3):124-27.
- Ahamad T, Aljumah A. Detection and Defense Mechanism against DDoS in MANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 December; 8(33):1-4. Crossref
- ELT-43506 (earlier TLT-5506) Laboratory Course in communication systems, 5-9 cr. Date Accessed: 12/09/2016: Available from: http://www.cs.tut.fi/kurssit/TLT-2616/ lect05.pdf
- Siddiqui T, Farooqui T. A Survey on Malicious Node Detection in MANET. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering.2014
- Vijayakumar K, Sundaram KS. Study on Reliable and Secure Routing Protocols on Manet. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(14):1-10. Crossref
- Abdelhaq M, Hassan R, Ismail M. A study on the vulnerability of AODV routing protocol to resource consumption attack. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012; 5(11):1-5.
- Tseng YC, Liao WH, Wu SL. Mobile Ad Hoc Networks and Routing Protocols. Handbook of Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing. 2002; p. 1-22.
- Manet. IIT Bombay. Date Accessed: 23/12/2000: Available from: www.it.iitb.ac.in/sri/talks/manet.ppt.
- Dube R, Rais CD, Wang KY, Tripathi SK. University of Maryland. Signal-Stability Based Adapting Routing (SSA) for Ad-Hoc Mobile Network. IEEE Personal Communications 1997. Crossref
- Example of TORA operations. www.cs.ucr.edu/krish/lec8.ppt.
- Signal stability – based adaptive routing protocol. Date Accessed: 26/11/2016: Available from: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_Stability-based_Adaptive_Routing_ Protocol#/media/File:SSA1.GIF.
- Abdelhaq M, Hassan R, Alsaqour R. Using dendritic cell algorithm to detect the resource consumption attack over MANET. Software Engineering and Computer Systems.2011. Crossref
- Agrawal S, Jain S, Sharma S. A survey of routing attacks and security measures in mobile ad-hoc networks. 2011.
- Nadeem, Howarth M. Adaptive intrusion detection & prevention of denial of service attacks in MANETs.
- International Conference on Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing: Connecting the World Wirelessly 2009. Crossref
- Wang D, Hu M, Zhi H. A survey of secure routing in ad hoc networks. The Ninth International Conference on Web-Age Information Management. 2008. Crossref
- Abdelhaq M, Alsaqour R, Al-Hubaishi M, Alahdal T, Uddin M. The Impact of Resource Consumption Attack on Mobile Ad-hoc Network Routing. International Journal of Network Security. 2014; 16(5):376-81.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.