Total views : 3363
Reversible Video Steganography using Hybrid DWT- DCT with Secure Cryptographic Technique and GPU
Objectives: To propose a system that allows hiding of a video as secret message under the cover medium for secured transfer. Methods/Statistical analysis: In early days most of the work is done to hide multimedia data such as text, images, audio by using Least Significant Bit (LSB) and Most Significant Bit (MSB) techniques. Use of LSB and MSB techniques for data hiding affects the quality of the cover medium also it allow to hide limited amount of data. Findings: Exchange of large amount of secret data is not possible when multimedia data is used as a secret message. So video steganography is used, which allows to hide large amount of secret data and to transfer it securely. Proposed system allows hiding video as secret message under the cover medium. This is used for hiding and transmitting significantly more amount of data securely as compared to that of the existing systems. In the proposed work, hybrid DWT-DCT is applied on each frame of both cover video stream and secret video stream. For embedding, SVD (Singular Value Decomposition) is applied on LL band of each frame. For reducing the execution time the proposed model is implemented using GPU (Graphics Processing Unit). From results of proposed system 2.09 MB video can be hidden under the 2.27MB video which shows quite high capacity for hiding than any other video steganographic existing system. Also the quality of video does not get affected even after embedding the secret video. Improvements: Further work can be done to enhance the image quality of retrieved secret video.
Cryptographic Technique, GPU, Hybrid DWT-DCT, Reversible Video Steganography, SVD
- Gupta R, Gupta S, Singhal A. Importance and techniques of information hiding: a review. International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT). 2014 Mar; 9(5):260–5. Crossref.
- Shakar A K. Enhancing the data security features of communication by means of media files through improvising the cryptographic and steganographic techniques.ASM’s International E-Journal on Ongoing Research in Management and IT; 2013.
- Venkatraman S, Abraham A, Paprzycki M. Significance of steganography on data security. In the Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) International Conference on Information Technology: Coding and Computing, Las Vegas, NV, USA. 2004 Apr 5–7; 2:347–51. Crossref.
- Agarwal M. Text steganography approaches: a comparison.International Journal of Network Security and its Applications (IJNSA). 2013 Jan; 5(1):91–106. Crossref.
- Ghadekar P P, Chopade N B. Content-based dynamic texture analysis and synthesis based on SPIHT with GPU.Journal of Information Processing System. 2016 Mar; 12(1):46–56.
- Ghadekar P P, Chopade N B. Modelling nonlinear dynamic textures using hybrid DWT–DCT and kernel PCA with GPU. Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series B Electrical Electronics and Telecommunication and Computer Engineering. 2016 Dec; 97(4):549–55.
- Yadav P, Mishra N, Sharma S. A secure video steganography with encryption based on LSB technique. In the Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research, Enathi, India; 2013 Dec 26–28. p. 1–5. Crossref.
- Tayel M, Shawky H, Hafez ADS. A new chaos steganography algorithm for hiding multimedia data. In the Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 14th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT), PyeongChang, South Korea; 2012 Feb 19–22. p. 208–12.
- Selvigrija P, Ramya E. Dual steganography for hiding text in video by linked list method. In the Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) International Conference on Engineering and Technology (ICETECH), Coimbatore, India. 2015 Mar 20. p. 1–5.Crossref.
- Kaur R, Pooja, Varsha. A hybrid approach for video steganography using edge detection and identical match techniques. In the Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) International Conference on Wireless Communications, Signal Processing and Networking (WiSPNET), Chennai, India; 2016 Mar 23–25. p. 867–71. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.