Total views : 129
Design and Development of Timesheet Management System
Background/Objective:In recent times most of the organizations are dependent mainly on the data. The effective management of the company is dependent on effective extraction of information from the data. The tool called Timesheet Management System (TMS) has been introduced in this paper which helps in automatic calculation of the Gross Margin (GM) and Invoice generation upon the button click. This results in the organization’s growth by reducing the manual work. Project under consideration plays a critical role in timesheet management system (TMS) so it can be considered as the project centric financial tool. This tool consists of developing the huge modules which explains the entire life cycle of the project from start to end date. This paper focus on 3 tier architecture which consists of 3 layers such as Presentation, Business and Application layers. Rivest. Methods:Adi-Shamir (RSA) algorithm is employed for secure computation of Sales Gross Margin (GM);Hibernate is used for Object Relational Mapping (ORM) that helps in mapping the .NET classes to database. Use of One Time Password (OTP) provides secure access to the timesheet portal. Findings: This paper mainly concentrates on designing and implementing Sales Gross Margin (SGM) creation, Gross Margin (GM) calculation and the invoice generation. This process includes allocating of the employee to the project by the concerned project manager which helps the allocated employee’s to access the timesheet tool. Authentication of the employee’s data will be done by the Project Manager (PM). Further the computation of Sales Gross Margin (SGM), Gross Margin and Invoice generation is done on monthly basis or after the completion of the project by the project manager (PM). All the processed data from project manager will be authenticated from higher authorities such as Subsidiary Business Unit (SBU), Account Receivable Team (ART), and Regional Sales Head (RSH). Finally, it leads to the creation of Sales Gross Margin (SGM), calculating the Gross Margin (GM) and the invoice generation. Application: Effective design and implementation of these three modules helps in tracking the profit gain in digital manner and helps in improving the profit gain. The TMS has a user friendly interface and helps to reduce the manual work in case of financial calculations. It can be improved further if the updated Cost to Company (CTC)is considered for calculating the Gross Margin.
Account Receivable Team, (ART), Gross Margin (GM), Invoice Generation, Sales Gross Margin (SGM), Subsidiary Business Unit (SBU),Timesheet Management System (TMS)
- Shailendra M, Singh MA, Khan V, Singh A, Palit S, Wadar. Attendance Management System by multiple step authentications.In: Proceeding Of 2nd IEEE International Conference on Electronics and Communication Systems (ICECS). 2015 Feb. p.418–22.
- Moksin MI, Yasin NM.The Implementation of Wireless student Attendance System in an Examination procedure.In: Proceeding of International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology. 2009(IACSITS).2009Apr. p.174–7.
- Abas MA, Tuck TB, Dahlui M. Attendance Management Systems(AMS) with fast rack analysis. In: Proceeding of international conference on computer, control, Infomatica and its application (IC3INA). 2014Oct. p.35–40.
- Hassan SM, Anis AM, Rahaman H, Alam JS, Nabil SI, Rahaman MK. Development of Electronic Voting Machine with the inclusion of near filed communication ID Cards and Biometric Fingerprint Identifier. In: Proceeding of 17th IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT). 2014DEC. p.383–7.
- Kaseem A, Hamad M, Chalhoub Z, Dahdaah SEI.An RFID Attendance and Monitoring System for University Applications. In: Proceeding of 2010 17th IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits, and Systems (ICECS).2010Dec. p.851–4. Crossref
- Arbain N, Nordin NF, Isa NM, Saaidan S.LAS: Webbased Laboratory Attendance System by integrating
- RFID-ARDINO Technology. In: Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Electronics and System Engineering (ICEESE). 2014Dec. p.89-94. Crossref
- Zhi TJ, Ibrahim Z,Aris H. Effective and Efficient Attendance Tracking System Using Secret Code. In: Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Information Technology and Multimedia (ICIMU).2014Nov. p.108–12. Crossref
- Subpratatsavee P, Siripro W, Promjum T, Sriboon W.Attendance System using NFC Technology and Embedded Camera Device on Mobile Phone. In: Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Information Science and Application (ICISA). 2014May. p.1-4. Crossref
- Kassim M, Mazlan H, Zaini N, Salleh MK. Web-based Student Attendance System. In: Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Open Systems (ICOS). 2012Oct. p.1-6.
- Kassim M, Mazlan H, Zaini N, Salleh MK. Web-based Student Attendance System using RFID Technology. In: Proceeding of IEEE Control and System Graduate Research Colloquium (ICSGRC). 2012July. p.213–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.