Total views : 171
Improved Modeling and Control of a HTA Grid Connected 500 KW PV Systems
In this study, a grid connected PV system to a realistic HTA grid model is presented in details. Objectives: The main objective is the technical and quality evaluation of the grid integration of a 500 KW Photovoltaic station into a finite power grid model. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Two tasks are expected to be performed; firstly, the injection of maximum PV power return into Point Of Connection (POC) although respecting the tolerable variation in terms of voltage levels based on grid code. Undeniably, this amounts to simulate the suggested system with real components under a sudden climatic change. Findings: Therefore, performed studies may reveal power quality concerns, unlike the infinite impedance models of point of connection or the equivalent utility grid. Secondly, the flowing power quality and voltage levels are controlled at anytime and anywhere, through the grid. For this, we developed mathematical models of each part of the system from the PV arrays to the grid. This step allowed us to study the dynamic stability, then to establish suitable regulation and control laws for the DC/DC and DC/AC converters and finally to simulate the electrical signals from production to distribution by using MATLAB/SIMULINK environment. Application/Improvements: We obtained good satisfaction ratios and acceptable voltage levels without storage units using optimal monitoring strategy based on optimal power extraction and exchange between the PV Generator, grid and loads.
Control, Finite Power, Grid Model, Modeling, PV System, HTA Grid Connected
- Petrakopouloua F, Robinsonc A, Loizidoua M. Simulation and evaluation of a hybrid concentrating-solar and wind power plant for energy autonomy on islands. Renewable Energy. 2016 Oct; 96(A):863–87.
- Darwish EM, Hasanien HM, Atallah A, El-Debeiky S.Reactive power control of three-phase low voltage system based on voltage to increase PV penetration levels. Ain Shams Engineering Journal. 2017:1-7.
- Tonkoski R, Lopes LAC. Impact of active power curtailment on over voltage prevention and energy production of PV inverters connected to low voltage residential feeders.Renewable Energy. 2011 Dec; 36(12):3566–74. Crossref
- Collins L, Ward JK. Real and reactive power control of distributed PV inverters for over voltage prevention and increased renewable generation hosting capacity. Renewable Energy. 2015 Sep; 81:464–71. Crossref
- Cangnano A, Tuglie ED. Centralized voltage control for distribution networks with embedded PV systems. Renewable Energy. 2015 Apr; 76:173–85. Crossref
- Xin H, Liu Y, Wang Z, Gan D, Yang T. A new frequency regulation strategy for photovoltaic systems without energy storage. IEEE Transactions Sustainable Energy. 2013 Oct; 4(4):985–93. Crossref
- Yang Y, Blaabjerg F. Low voltage ride-through capability of single stage single phase photovoltaic system connected to the low voltage grid. International Journal of Photoenergy. 2013:1–9. Crossref
- Lin F-J, Lu K-C, Ke T-H. Probabilistic wavelet fuzzy neural network based reactive power control for grid-connected three-phase PV system during grid faults. Renewable Energy. 2016 Jul; 92:437–49. Crossref
- Mirhosseini M, pou J, Agelidis VG. Single stage inverter based grid connected photovoltaic power plant with ride through capability over different types of grid faults. IECON 39th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society; Vienna, Austria. 2014 Jan. p. 1–6.
- Brahim M, Blehadj J. Performance of PV grid connected system under grid failure. International Journal of Renewable Energy Research. 2013; 3(4):754–62.
- Saad NH, El-Sattar AA, Mansour AEM. Improved particle SWARM optimization for photovoltaic system connected to the grid with low voltage ride through capability. Renewable Energy. 2016 Jan; 85: 181–94. Crossref
- Hamrouni N, Jraidi M, Cherif A. New control strategy for 2-stage grid-connected photovoltaic power system. Science directs Renewable Energy. 2008 Oct; 33(10):2212–21.Crossref
- Salem M, Atia Y. Control scheme towards enhancing power quality and operational efficiency of single-phase two-stage grid-connected photovoltaic systems. Journl of Electrical Systems and Information Technology. 2015 Dec; 2(3):314– 27. Crossref
- Ahmed MES, Orabi M, Abdel Rahim OM. Two-stage micro-grid inverter with high-voltage gain for photovoltaic applications. IET Power Electronics. 2013 Nov; 6(9):1812– 21. Crossref
- Lee JH, Bae H, Cho BH. Advanced incremental conductance MPPT algorithm with a variable step size. 12th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference; Portoroz, Slovenia. 2009. p. 603–7.
- Hoque A, Wahid KA.New mathematical model of a Photovoltaic Generator (PVG). Journal of Electrical Engineering. 2000 Jun; 28(1).
- Sera D, Teodorescu R, kerekes T. Teaching maximum power point trackers using a photovoltaic array model with graphical user interface. International Workshop on Teaching Photovoltaics; 2006 Jan. p. 1–6.
- Ben Abdallah I, Jraidi M, Hamrouni N, Cherif A. Modelling, control and simulation of a grid connected PV system.IEEE Proceedings of International Conference, Electrical Sciences and Technologies in Maghreb (CISTEM); Tunisia.2014. p. 1–8.
- Kolsi S, Samet H, Amar MB.Design Analysis of DC-DC converters connected to a photovoltaic generator and controlled by MPPT for Optimal energy transfer throughout a clear day. Journal of Power and Energy Engineering. 2014 Jan; 2(1):27–34. Crossref
- Bouchafaa F, Aissa C, Boukhalfa S. Stability of input voltages of a three-level inverter NPC fed by photovoltaic sources.Revue des Energies Renouvelables. 2012; 15(3):501–12.
- Labrique F, Seguier G, Bausiere R. Les Convertisseurs de l’electronique de puissance, La conversion continu – alternatif. 2nd editon. 1995 Sep.
- Almi MF, Arrouf M, Belmili H, Bendib B. Contribution to the protection of PVG connected to three phase electrical network supply. Energy Procedia. 2012; 18:954–65.
- Brandwajn V, Donnel HW, Dommel I I. MATRIX representation of three-phase n-winding transformers for steady-state and transient studies. IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems. 1982 Jun; 101(6):1369–78. Crossref
- Semlyen A, Deri A. Time domain modelling of frequency dependent three- phase transmission line impedance.IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems. 1985; 104(6):1549–55. Crossref
- Verman D, Nema S, Shandilya AM, Dash SK. Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) techniques: Recapitulation in solar photovoltaic systems. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2016 Feb; 54:1018–34. Crossref
- Pardalos PM, Rebennack S, Pereira MVF, Iliadis NA, Pappu V. Hand book of Wind Power Systems. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag; 2013. Crossref
- Analysis of the regulatory framework governing network access for producers of electricity from renewable energy sources in Tunisia. 2017. Available from: https://www. giz.de/en/downloads/giz2014-en-renewable-energyresourcestunisia.pdf
- Development project by the private sector of grid connected wind energy in Tunisia, development of institutional and regulatory framework. 2017. Available from: http://www.prod2020.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.