Total views : 848
Effect of Mineral Admixture (Alccofine-1203) on Durability of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Concrete
Objective: To estimate effect of mineral admixture (Alccofine-1203) on durability of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Concrete. Methods/Analysis: This paper presents effect of hybrid fibers and alccofine-1203 on estimation of durability of hybrid fiber reinforced concrete with different combinations. The final combination is used as fiber volume fraction - 1.5% (80% steel fibers and 20% polypropylene fibers) by volume of concrete and Alcoffine-1203 with 7.5% by weight of cement. Findings: The study presents behavior of hybrid fiber (steel fibers and polypropylene fibers) reinforced concrete including mineral admixture like Alccofine-1203. The hybrid fibers help to reduce the cracks due to shrinkage, creep and early age thermal cracking along with increase in ductility, toughness and fatigue resistance. The mineral admixture (Alccofine-1203) enhances strength of concrete, modulus of elasticity along with workability, durability and reduction in segregation. Novelty/Improvement: Addition of Hybrid fibers and mineral admixture (Alccofine-1203) increases the ductility, crack resistance strength and durability of concrete.
Alccofine-1203, Durability, Hybrid Fibers, Permeability
- Skazlic M. Development and application of hybrid fiber reinforced concrete. 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Construction Materials and Technologies; Italy. 2010. p. 1-8.
- Yatin PH, Patel PJ, Patel Jignesh M, Patel HS. Study on durability of high performance concrete with alccofine and fly ash. International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies. 2013; 2(3):154–7.
- Novaka J, Kohoutkova A. Fire response of hybrid fiber reinforced concrete to high temperature. Procedia Engineering. 2017; 172:784–90.
- ACI: 211.1. The American Concrete Institute (ACI) method for mix proportioning. 2002.
- BS/EN 12390. Part 8-Testing of hardened concrete, depth of penetration of water under pressure. 2009.
- Reddy V, Ramana RIV, Mohan RKM, Kumar CMR. Durability aspects of standard concrete. International Journal of Structural and Civil Engineering. 2013; 2(1):40–6.
- George HC, Alainbilodeo, Mohan MV. Elevated temperatures effects on HSC. Residual strength: Concrete International. 2000:41–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.