Total views : 2461
Enhanced Virtual Synchronous Generator Control with Fuzzy Logic Controller for Parallel Inverters in Microgrids
Objective: To reduce the power oscillations and also to provide accurate active power and reactive power sharing. Methods: In this paper enhanced Virtual Synchronous Generator (VSG) control strategy along with Fuzzy Logic Controller (FLC) is employed for parallel inverters in microgrids. It deals with design of the system and simulation results shows the improvement obtained through it. Findings: By using enhanced VSG control, the oscillation damping and proper transient active power sharing are achieved by adjusting the virtual stator reactance and also accurate reactive power sharing is achieved based on inversed voltage droop control. Furthermore, FLC is used as suitable controllable mechanism (which was PI in basic VSG) for controlling the parallel inverters in microgrids with which power oscillations are further damped and accurate active and reactive power sharing are achieved. The simulation results prove that the proposed method is better than the basic VSG for parallel inverters in microgrids. Application: This scheme is used for control of inverters in distributed source environments. This is essential for the operation of large AC systems, where distances between inverters make communication impractical. Use of multilevel inverters or an adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system (ANFIS) can be considered as improvement for this paper.
Distributed Power Generation, Droop Control, Fuzzy logic controller, Microgrids; Reactive Power Control, Virtual Synchronous Generator Control1.
- Lasseter RH. Microgrids. Proceedings IEEE Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting. New York. 2002. Crossref.
- Guerrero JM, Vasquez JC, Matas J, Vicu-a LGD, Castilla M. Hierarchical control of droop-controlled AC and DC microgrids— A general approach toward standardization. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2011; 58 (1): 158–72. Crossref.
- Bidram A, Davoudi A. Hierarchical structure of microgrids control system. IEEE Transaction Smart Grid. 2012; 3 (4): 1963–76. Crossref.
- Chandorkar MC, Divan DM, Adapa R. Control of parallel connected inverters in standalone AC supply systems. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 1993; 29 (1):136–43. Crossref.
- Bevrani H, Watanabe M, Mitani Y. Power System Monitoring and Control. Wiley; 2014. p. 288. Crossref.
- Guerrero JM, Matas J, Vicu-a LGD, Castilla M, Miret J. Decentralized control for parallel operation of distributed generation inverters using resistive output impedance. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2007; 54 (2): 994–1004. Crossref.
- Vandoorn TL, Meersman B, Degroote L, Renders B, Vandevelde L. A control strategy for islanded microgrids with DC-link voltage control. IEEE Transaction Power Delivery. 2011; 26 (2): 703–13. Crossref.
- Vandoorn TL, Meersman B, Kooning JDMD, Vandevelde L. Analogy between conventional grid control and islanded microgrid control based on a global DC-link voltage droop. IEEE Transaction Power Delivery. 2012; 27 (3): 1405–14. Crossref.
- Vasquez JC, Guerrero JM, Savaghebi M, Garcia JE, Teodorescu R. Modeling, analysis, and design of stationaryreferenceframe droop-controlled parallel three-phase voltage source inverters. IEEE Transaction Power Delivery. 2013; 60 (4): 1271–80.
- Driesen J, Visscher K. Virtual synchronous generators. IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting - Conversion and Delivery of Electrical Energy in the 21st Century. 2008. p.1–3.
- Torres LMA, Lopes LAC, Moran TLA, Espinoza CJR. Selftuning virtual synchronous machine: A control strategy for energy storage systems to support dynamic frequency control. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion. 2014; 29 (4): 833–40. Crossref.
- Hirase Y. Virtual synchronous generator control with double decoupled synchronous reference frame for singlephase inverter. IEEJ Journal of Industry Application. 2015; 4 (3): 143–51. Crossref.
- Sakimoto K, Miura Y, Ise T. Stabilization of a power system with a distributed generator by a virtual synchronous generator function. Power Electronics and ECCE Asia (ICPE and ECCE) 2011 IEEE 8th International Conference. 2011; p.1498–15. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.