Total views : 877
Structure Design of Photonic Crystal Based MOEMS Accelerometer Sensor for Supplemental Restraint System in Automobile Passenger Safety
Leading cause of human death in most of country is roadway crashes. Supplemental restraint system playing vital role in preventing and protecting the passengers and drivers in case of accidents thereby providing chance of last line of defence against serious injuries. So there is need of sensor which sense the signals precisely with high sensitivity, low energy consumption and EMI insensitivity in harsh conditions which modifies the technology involved in present sensors used in automobile crash sensing. Work which is carried out here is designing structure of PhC stationed optical approach accelerometer sensor for supplemental restraint system or Airbag for vehicle passenger safety. Functionality of MOEMS device achieved through four free ends of slab is fixed and horizontal displacement of main slab using MEEP software for rods in air configuration. As the main slab displaces there will be change in spacing which alters the electromagnetic waves and which shift the transmission spectrum wavelength. Shift in wavelength of 0.001 for each micro displacement from 0 to 0.6 micrometre, prove the design methodologies and its validation. Interrelation between optical and mechanical system discussed here will measure the acceleration of vehicle. Q factor of 6000 observed for each submicron displacement representing accuracy level of proposed design for fabrication of device in future.
Accelerometer, Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI), MOEMS, Passenger Safety, Photonic Crystal (PhC), Stiffness, Supplemental Restraint System (SRS).
- Michael SV, Stein EH. Crash pulse modelling of vehicle safety research. 18th ESV paper – 501.
- EI-Kady I, Taha MMR, Su MF. Application of photonic crystals in Submicron damage detection and quantification. Journal of Applied Physics. 2006; 88:253109.
- Sheikhaleh A, Abedi K, Jafari K,Gholamzadeh R. MOEMS systems accelerometer based on intensity modulation by using one dimensional photonic crystal. Journal of Applied optics.55(35).
- Hortschitz W, Kaiz A, Steiner H. MOEMS Vibration Sensor for Advanced Low-frequency Applications with pm Resolution. Proceedings of EUROSENSORS 2014, the XXVIII edition of the conference series.2014; 87:835–8. Crossref
- Rostami A, Ghanbari A, Janabi-Sharifi F. A micro-optical electromechanical system (MOEMS) for high-precision displacement sensor design using ring resonator array. Proceeding of SPIE 6374 Optomechatronic actuators, Manipulation and Control, 2006 Oct 12.
- Devraj S, Bahaddur I. Design and simulation of micro displacement sensor for the low pressure measurement. International conference on computer science, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, 2015.
- Manoucher EM. MOEMS. New Age International (P) Ltd;2010
- Choudhury PR. MEMS and MOEMS Technology and Applications. PHI Publication;2009.
- Johnson SG, Winn JN, Meade RD. Photonic crystal: Molding the flow of light – Ab Initio Physics Research. Princeton University Press V;2008.
- Tai-Ran H. MEMS and Microsystem Design and Manufacture. Tata McGraw Hill Education (p) Ltd; 2002.
- MEEP user guide – AbInitio. Massachusetts Institute of Technology;2005–2017.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.