Total views : 994
Big Data Management in Connected World of Internet of Things
The Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data have made the leap to turn into a mainstream issue and maintains board level priorities. Both IoT and big data are continuously creating headlines all over, drawing a huge amount of research interest and highlighting unique challenges. This growing recognition is due the intersection of both technologies with tremendous scope for business analytics and the prospective that still remains unexploited. Every day, industrial machine, health monitoring systems, sensors, and devices etc. connect to the Internet and exchange information. The future IoT will be extremely populated by huge quantity of heterogeneous networked embedded devices, which will be producing deluge of data. As businesses gets on new IoT project and tries to extract valuable information from enormous data volumes, a novel data management approach is called for. Conventional database management techniques and analytics methods fail to provide precise facilities to handle diverse data constantly flooding from numerous numbers of sources which are untold. This paper inspects the complex and fast moving data of IoT, and the existing position of data management techniques and challenges in storing and analyzing it.
Big Data, Data Analytics, Internet of Things, Smart and Connected Things
- Oracle Corporation, Unlocking the Promise of a Connected World: Using the Cloud to Enable the Internet of Things. 2015. Available from: http://www.oracle.com/us/solutions/ internetofthings/iot-and-cloud-wp-686546.pdf
- Evans D. The Internet of Things - How the Next Evolution of the Internet Is Changing Everything. 2011. Available from: https://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac79/docs/innov/ IoT_IBSG_0411FINAL.pdf
- Cooper J and James A. Challenges for database management in the Internet of Things. IETE Technical Review. 2009; 26:320. Crossref.
- Aggarwal CC, Ashish N and Sheth A. The Internet of Things: A Survey from the Data-Centric Perspective. Springer: Managing and Mining Sensor Data. 2013; p. 383–428.
- Ali NA and Abu-Elkheir M. Data management for the Internet of Things: Green directions. Proceedings of the2012 IEEE Globecom Workshops. 2012; 386–390. Crossref.PMCid:PMC3592322.
- Aggarwal C, Ashish N and Sheth A. Springer: The Internet of Things: A Survey from the Data-Centric Perspective. 2013.
- Botta A, Donato W, Persico V and Pescape A. Integration of Cloud computing and Internet of Things: A survey. Future Generation Computer Systems. 2016; 56:684–700. Crossref.
- Verizon. State of the Market: The Internet of Things. 2015.Available from: http://www.verizonenterprise.com/ resources/reports/rp_state-of-market-the-market-theinternetof-things-2015_en_xg.pdf. 2015
- Gaura E, Brusey J, Allen M, Wilkins R, Goldsmith D and Rednic R. Edge Mining the Internet of Things. IEEE Sensors Journal. 2013; 13(10):3816–25. Crossref.
- Qin Y, Sheng Q, Falkner N, Dustdar S, Wang H and Vasilakos A. When things matter: A survey on data-centric internet of things. Journal of Network and Computer Application. 2016; 64:137–53. Crossref.
- Tsai CW, Lai CF and Vasilakos A. Future Internet of Things: open issues and challenges. Springer Wireless Networks. 2014; 20(8):2201-17. Crossref.
- Tsai CW, Lai C, Chiang M and Yang L. Data Mining for Internet of Things: A Survey. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials. 2014; 16(1):77–97. Crossref.
- Welbourne E, Battle L, Cole G, Gould K, Rector K and Raymer S. Building the Internet of Things Using RFID: The RFID Ecosystem Experience. IEEE, Internet Computing. 2009; 13:48–55. Crossref.
- Aberdeen Group. Analytics for the Internet of Things: Who, How, and Why? 2015. Available from: http://www.pentaho.com/sites/default/files/uploads/resources/wp_ data_manatement_internet_of_things.pdf
- Information-Week. 2015. Available from: http://www. nformationweek.com/mobile/mobile-devices/gartner21-billion-iot-devices-to-invade-by-2020/d/d-id/1323081
- Atzori L, Iera A and Morabito G. The internet of things: A survey. Computer Networks. 2010; 54:2787-2805. Crossref.
- Viktor MS and Kenneth NC, Editor. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishers: Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think. 2013. PMCid:PMC4176734
- Wang F, Liu S, Liu P and Bai Y. Bridging physical and virtual worlds: complex event processing for RFID data streams. Springer: Advances in Database Technology-EDBT. 2006; 588–607.
- Antonio J, Dominique J and Bocchi G, Editors. Big Data in Smart Cities: From Poisson To Human Dynamics. Waina: 28th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops. 2014 May 13–16.
- Ding G, Wang L and Wu Q. Big Data Analytics in Future Internet of Things. National Natural Science Foundation of China. 2013; p. 1–6.
- Stankovic and John A. Research Directions for The Internet of Things. IEEE Internet Things. 2014; 1:3–9. Crossref.
- Shancang L, Xu L and Zhao S. The Internet of Things: A Survey. Springer Science Business Media New York. 2014; p. 243–59.
- Tan L and Wang N, Editors. Future Internet: The Internet of Things. Chengdu, China: 3rd International Conference on Advanced Computer Theory and Engineering. 2010 August 20–22.
- Agrawal S and Vieira D. Abakos, Belo Horizonte: A Survey on Internet of Things. 2013; 1:78–95.
- Innova.com.tr. Innova deploys smart home and smart office services for TTNET. 2015. Available from: http:// www.innova.com.tr/en/news-detail.asp?haber=777C888FC9228822-EEE2BBB222FF333C
- Riazul SM, Kwak D, Kabir MD. The Internet of Things for Health Care: A Comprehensive Survey. IEEE Journals and Magazines. 2015; 3:678–708. Crossref.
- Guo Z and Zhou AY. Research on Data Quality and Data Cleaning: a Survey. Journal of Software. 2002 . p.2076–82.
- Jeffery SR, Alonso G, Franklin MJ, Wei Hong H and Widom J, Editors. A Pipelined Framework for Online Cleaning of Sensor Data Streams. Atlanta, USA: Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Data Engineering. 2006 Apr 3–7. Crossref.
- Tommasini R, Bonte P, Della Valle E, Mannens E, De Turck F and Ongenae F. Towards Ontology Based Event Processing. 2016. Available from: https://www.w3.org/community/ owled/files/2016/11/OWLED-ORE-2016_paper_10.pdf
- Kumar R. Two computational paradigm for big data. KDD Summer School. 2012.
- Storm. Available from: https://github.com/nathanmarz/ storm 2013.
- Neumeyer L, Robbins B, Nair A and Kesari A, Editors. S4: Distributed stream computing platform. Washington, DC, USA: Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE International Conference on Data Mining Workshops. 2010 December 13. Crossref.
- Goodhope K, Koshy J, Kreps J, Narkhede N, Park R and Rao J. Building LinkedIn’s Real-time Activity Data Pipeline.Data Engineering. 2012; 35:33–45.
- Bonsor K, Keene C. How-Stuff-Works, How RFID Works. 2010. Available from: http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gadgets/high-tech-gadgets/rfid.htm
- Fuqaha A, Guizani M and Mohammadi M. Internet of Things: A Survey on Enabling Technologies. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, Protocols and Applications. 2015; 2347–76. Crossref.
- Singh K and Kaur R, Editors. Hadoop: Addressing Challenges of Big Data. Gurgaon, India: IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC). 2014 February 21–22.
- Cloudera.com. Introduction to Hadoop and MapReduce. 2015. Available from: http://www.cloudera.com/content/ cloudera/en/training/courses/udacity/mapreduce.html
- Kimio T, Natarajan G, Hideki A, Taichi K, Nanao K. Higher involvement of subtelomere regions for chromosome rearrangements in leukemia and lymphoma and in irradiated leukemic cell line. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 April; 5(1):1801–11.
- Cunningham CH. Minnesota: Burgess Publication Company: A laboratory guide in virology, 6th edn.
- Kumar E, Rajan M. India: Agro Botanical Publication: Microbiology of Indian desert. Ecology and vegetation of Indian desert. D.N. Sen (ed.). 1990; p. 83–105.
- Rajan M, Rao BS, Anjaria KB, Unny VKP, Thyagarajan S. Radiotoxicity of sulfur-35. India: Proceedings of 10th NSRP. 1993; p. 257–8.
- Article title. Available from: http://www.indjst.org/index.php/vision. Date accessed: 01/01/2015.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.