Total views : 15
Vibration Analysis of Circular and Annular Plate under different Boundary Conditions
Objectives: Circular and circinate plates area unit wide utilized in machinery as basic elements and studied torsional vibration behaviour. Methods/Analysis: Associate degree analytical model is developed, and also the natural frequencies and mode shapes area unit calculated for the torsional vibration underneath totally different boundary conditions. Findings: A physical insight is gained into the torsional vibration behaviour of circular and circinate plates. Results show that the torsional vibration behaviour of circular and circinate plates is totally different compared therewith of circular shafts. Force moment in circinate plates is transmitted via ring layers from the inner ring to the outer ring and contrariwise. Novelty/Improvement: additionally, the torsional vibration magnitude in terms of angular displacement decreases with increase in radius. This will be explained by the very fact that, once vibration energy is transmitted from the inner ring to the outer ring, the circle becomes larger and also the energy density becomes lower. The associate degreealytical results area unit verified exploitation an FEA model. Sensible agreement is shown between the analytical and FEA models.
Annular Plate, Circular Plate, Mode Shape, Natural Frequency, Torsional Vibration
- Weaver WJ, Timoshenko SP, Young DH. Torsional vibration analysis of gear-branched systems by finite element method Vibration problems in engineering. 5th edition.New York : john wiley; 1990.
- Wu JS, Chen CH. Three-dimensional vibrations of thick linearly tapered, annular plates. Journal of sound and vibration.2001; 240:159-82. Crossref
- Kang JH, Leissa AW. Journal of sound and vibration. 1998; 217:927-44. Crossref
- Timoshenko SP, Goodier JN. Theory of elasticity. 3rd edition.New York: Mc Graw Hill.
- Dongyan S, Xianjie S, WenL L, Qingshan W, Jiashan H. Vibration Analysis of Annular Sector Plates under Different Boundary Conditions. Journal of Shock and Vibration, 2014; 2014.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.