Total views : 6544
Michelson-Morley Experiment: a Misconceived & Misinterpreted Experiment
A thorough review of the Michelson-Morley experiment reveals that the experiment had been not only misinterpreted but also misconceived. Under the theory&methodology adopted by Michelson&Morley the reasons of misconception and misinterpretation have been found to be: 1. Doppler Effect of light was not taken into account and 2. The motion of the solar system was not also taken into account. Since this experiment formed the basis of misinterpretation of absence of luminiferous ether in the space and as the consequence of absence of luminiferous ether the concept of length contraction in the direction of motion, theories of relativity, space-time concept and big bang theory were adopted. The basis of all these theories and concepts is challenged. The present article is the detailed and corrected version of the article 'Ultimate Proof of Energy Theory of Matter&Cosmology' Mohammad Shafiq Khan (2010a) necessitated by the article 'Foundation of Theory of Everything; Non-living&Living Things' Mohammad Shafiq Khan (2010b). This article finally explains the Michelson-Morley experiment.
Michelson-Morley Experiment, Time-frame, Luminiferous Ether, Recessional Velocity, Blue-shifting, Red-shifting, Anisotropy, Lorentz Symmetry
- Albert Abraham Michelson (1881) The relative motion of the Earth and the luminiferous ether. Am. J. Sci. 22, 120-129. Available on www.archive.org/ details/americanjournal62unkngoog
- Albert Abraham Michelson and Edward Morley (1887) On the relative motion of the Earth and the luminiferous ether. Am. J. Sci. 34 (203): 333-345. Available on www.aip.org/history/exhibits/gap/ PDF/michelson.pdf
- Mohammad Shafiq Khan (2010a) Ultimate proof of energy theory of matter & cosmology. Indian J. Sci. Technol. 3 (8), 948-954. Available on www.indjst.org
- Mohammad Shafiq Khan (2010b) Foundation of theory of everything: Non-living things and living things. Indian J. Sci. Technol. 3 (9), 955-981. Available on www.indjst.org
- Mohammad Shafiq Khan (2010c) Energy theory of matter & cosmology. Indian J. Sci. Technol. 3 (8) 943- 947. Available on www.indjst.org
- Mohammad Shafiq Khan (2010d) Theory of origin & phenomenon of life. Indian J. Sci. Technol. 3 (8), 937- 942. Available on www.indjst.org.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.