Total views : 989
Learning Difficulties of 'Object-oriented Programming Paradigm Using Java': Students' Perspective
Java programming is popular both in Academia and IT Industry. Further, it is the maximum usage of programming across the world. There is a wide edge between industry expectations and knowledge of students in Java programming. Teaching and learning of Java programming in academia is the greater responsibility to shrink that edge. The present study has been conducted in this regard to investigate the factors that lead to students' learning difficulties in Object-Oriented Programming Paradigm using Java. The result of this study indicates that the students have learning difficulties on the topics of Java programming. The nature of difficulties, situations and the various factors that lead to poor performance in learning of Java programming were also identified.
Learning Difficulties, OOPs Paradigm, Java Programming, Instructional Methods
- Iain Milne and Glenn Rowe (2002) Difficulties in learning and teaching programming- Views of students and tutors. J. Edu. & Info. Tech. vol 7, pp: 55-66.
- Maria Hristova, Ananya Misra and Megan Rutter (2003) Identifying and correction Java programming errors for introductory computer science students. SIGCSE Bull. Vol.35, Issue 1, pp:19-23.
- Michael Kolling and John Rosenberg (2001) Guidelines for teaching object orientation with Java. Proc. 6th Conf. on Infor. Technol. in Computer Sci. Edu. (ITiCSE) , Vol 33, Issue 3, pp:33-36.
- Michael Kolling (1999) The problem of teaching object-oriented programming. Part 1: languages. J. of Object-Oriented Program. Vol 11, Issue 8 pp: 8-15
- Michael Madden and Desmond Chambers (2002) Evaluation of students attitudes to learning the Java language. ACM Intl. Conf. Proc. 25, 125-130.
- Nedzad Mehic and Yasmeen Hasan (2001) Challenges in teaching java technology. Informing Sci. pp:365-371.
- Phit-Huan Tan, Choo-Yee Ting and Siew-Woei Ling (2009) Learning difficulties in programming course: Undergraduates’ perspective and perception. Proc. IEEE Intl. Conf. on Computing Technol. and Development , Vol.2 pp: 42-46.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.