Total views : 263
Antifungal and Antibacterial Activities of Substituted Benzyl 4-Ketohexanoates
Present study describes antifungal and antibacterial screening of the previously synthesized novel substituted benzyl 4-ketohexanoates (1-17) against two fungi and two bacteria. All of the substituted benzyl 4-ketohexanoates exhibited antimicrobial activities in terms of inhibition zones and Minimum Inhibitory Concentrations (MICs). Halogens substituted benzyl 4-ketohexanoates in general and Iodinated analogues showed maximum activity in terms of inhibitions zones as well as MICs.
Antibacterial, Antifungal, Benzyl 4-ketohexanoates, MICs, Zones of Inhibition.
- Dias DA, Urban S, Roessner UA. Historical Overview of Natural Products in Drug Discovery. Metabolite. 2012; 2:303–36.
- Grayer RJ, Harborne JB. a survey of antifungal compounds from higher plants. Phytochem. 1994; 37:19–42.
- Ragavan RV, Vijayakumar V, Rajesh K, Reddy BP, Karthikeyan S, Kumari NS, Simple, fast and efficient synthesis of b-keto esters from the esters of heteroaryl compounds, its antimicrobial study and cytotoxicity towards various cancer cell lines. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2012; 22:4193–7.
- Mehta P, Verma P. Antimicrobial activity of some derivatives of 1,4-dihydropyridines. Journal of Chemistry. 2013; 1–4.
- Kumar R, Joshi YC. Synthesis, spectral studies and biological activity of 3H-1, 5-benzodiazepine derivatives. ARKIVOC 13; 2007. p. 142–9.
- Hilal HS, Ali-Shtayeh MS, Arafat R, Al-Tel T, Voelter W, Barakat A. Synthesis of a new series of heterocyclic scaffolds for medicinal purposes. Eur J Med Chem. 2006; 41:1017–24.
- Rao NS, Lakshmi K. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some 1,4-dihydropyridines derivatives. Sci Revs Chem Commun. 2013; 3:141–9.
- Modiya PR, Patel CN. Synthesis and screening of antibacterial and antifungal activity of 5-chloro-1,3-benzoxazol-2 (3 h)-one derivatives. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2012; 2:1–10.
- Iqbal M, Baloch IB, Baloch MK. Synthesis of novel γ-ketoesters from succinic anhydride. Asian J Chem. 2013; 25:9701–3.
- Iqbal M, Baloch IB, Baloch MK. An efficient method for the preparation of benzyl 4-ketohexanoates. Chem Pap. 2013; 67:444–55.
- Ryan KJ, Schoenknecht FD, Kirby WMM. Disc sensitivity testing. Hosp Pract. 1970; 5:91–100.
- Wiegand I, Hilpert K, Hancock REW. Agar and broth dilution methods to determine the Minimal Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) of antimicrobial substances. Nat Protoc. 2008; 3:163–75.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.