Total views : 360
A Systematic Survey of Vanet Routing Protocols based on Transmission Strategies
Vanet is a super class of Manet with some unique features High speed vehicles moving on roads exchange information among them which helps in making a decision that ensures more safety. Since the vehicles move in high speed the link between any two vehicles exists for only few seconds so within that time period the information transfer has to take place. This could be possible only when the design of routing protocol is reliable and efficient. Communication of information is done in three ways. Point to point routing deals with one source to one destination. Multicasting deals with one source to group of destination and broadcasting deals with one source to all destinations in the network. Challenges are different for different types of routing; depending on the applications the routing pattern is going to be different. This paper discusses about these three types of routing and issues and challenges involved in each of this routing is analyzed. The pros and cons of different routing are discussed which would help in designing a protocol for specific applications.
Broadcasting, ITS, Multicasting, Manet, Point to Point, Vanet.
- Abdalla GMT, Abu-Rgheff MA, Senouci SM. Current trends in vehicular ad hoc networks. IEEE Global Information Infrastructure Symposium; Morocco. 2007 Jul.
- Luo J, Hubaux J.-P. A survey of inter-vehicle communication. EPFL Technical Report IC/2004/24. 2004 Mar.
- Yousefi S, Mousavi MS, Fathy M. Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETs) challenges and perspectives. Proceedings of 6th IEEE International Conference on ITS Telecommunications Proceedings; 2006 Jun. p. 761-6.
- Sascha S, Holger F, Matthias T, Wolfgang E. Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks: Single-hop broadcast is not enough. Proceedings of 3rd International Workshop on Intelligent Transportation (WIT); 2006 Mar. p. 49-54.
- Namboodiri V, Gao L. Prediction based routing for vehicular ad hoc networks. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2007 Jul; 56(4):1-29.
- Korkmaz G, Ekici E, Ozguner F. Black-burst-based multihop broadcast protocols for vehicular networks. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2007 Sept; 56(5).
- Wan S, Tang J, Wolff RS. Reliable routing for roadside to vehicle communications in rural areas. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications; 2008. p. 3017-21.
- Kosch T. Local danger warning based on vehicle ad-hoc networks: Prototype and simulation. 1st International Workshop on Intelligent Transportation (WIT 2004); Hamburg, Germany. 2004 Mar.
- Benslimane A, Barghi S, Assi C. An efficient routing protocol for connecting vehicular networks to the Internet. Pervasive and Mobile Computing. 2011; 7(1):98–113.
- Taleb T, Sakhaee E, Jamalipour A, Hashimoto K, Kato N, Nemoto Y. A stable routing protocol to support ITS services in VANET networks. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2007 19 Nov; 56(6 ).
- Lochert C, Hartenstein H, Tian J, Fussler H, Hermann D, Mauve M. A routing strategy for vehicular ad hoc networks in city environments. Proceedings of Intelligent Vehicle Symposium; 2003.
- Lee KC, Lee U, Gerla M. Survey of routing protocols in vehicular ad hoc networks. Advances in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks: Developments and Challenges, IGI Global. 2009 Oct.
- Naumov V, Baumann R, Gross T. An evaluation of inter vehicle ad hoc networks based on realistic vehicular traces. Proceedings of ACM Mobi Hoc; 2006. p. 108–19.
- Jaap S, Bechler M, Wolf L. Evaluation of routing protocols for vehicular ad hoc networks in city traffic scenarios. Proceedings of 5th International Conference ITS Telecommunication; Brest, France. 2005.
- Altayeb M, Mahgoub I. A survey of vehicular ad hoc networks routing protocols. International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies. 2013; 3(3):829-46.
- Lin Y, Chen Y, Lee S. Routing protocols in vehicular ad hoc networks: A survey and future perspectives. Journal of Information Science and Engineering. 2010; 26:913-32.
- Aghdasi HS, et al. Usefulness of multicast routing protocols for vehicular Ad-hoc networks. 6th International Symposium on Telecommunications (IST); 2012.
- Panichpapiboon S, Pattara-Atikom W. A review of information dissemination protocols for vehicular ad hoc networks. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials. 2011.
- Tonguz OK, Wisitpongphan N, Bai F, Mudalige P, Sadekar V. Broadcasting in VANET. Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM MOVE Workshop; Anchorage, USA. 2007 May.
- Nekovee M, Bjami Bogason B. Reliable and efficient information dissemination in intermittently connected vehicular ad hoc networks. IEEE the 65th VTC’07; Dublin, Ireland. 2007 22-25 Apr.
- Mary Valantina G, Jayashri S. Detection of reliable path for congestion free traffic in Vanets. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2014. 9(21).
- Mary Valantina G, Jayashri S. Trajectory based multicasting in vehicular ad hoc network. International Journal of Pharmacy & Technology. 2015 Apr; 6(4):7809-17.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.