Total views : 105
Magneto Hydro Dynamic free Convective Flow over a non Isothermal Vertical Cone with Joule Heating and Viscous Dissipation
MHD(Magneto Hydro Dynamic) natural convective flow over a vertical cone under the influence of combined effects of viscous dissipation and joule heating is considered here-with. The principal equations of the flow problems are converted into a dimensionless form by means of the appropriate non-dimensional quantities. The transformed dimensionless equations are solved approximately using an well-known method. The current approximate values are match up with the previous work available in the journal and are found as an excellent match with each other. It is observed from these investigations,that transverse applied magnetic field diminished the velocity. The temperature is maximum near the cone surface and then tends to zero asymptotically. The effects of MHD, exponent, Prandtl number, Joule heating and viscous dissipation are analysed on the flow field, temperature, shearing stress and rate of heat transfer.
Finite Difference, Natural Convection, Velocity, Dissipation, Vertical Cone.
- Merk HJ, Prins JA. Thermal convection laminar boundary layer I. Applied Science Results. A4. 1953; p.11–24.
- Merk HJ, Prins JA. Thermal convection laminar boundary layer II. Applied Science Results, A4. 1954; p.195–206.
- Hering RG, Grosh RJ. Laminar free convection from a non-isothermal cone. International Journal of Heat Mass Transfer. 1962; 5(11):1059–68.
- Hering RG. Laminar free convection form a non-isothermal cone at low Prandtl numbers. International Journal Heat Mass Transfer. 1965 Oct; 8(10):1333–7.
- Roy S. Free convection from a vertical cone at high Prandtl numbers. ASME Journal of Heat Transfer. 1974; 96(1): 115–7.
- Pullepul BJ, Ekambavannan K., Pop I. Finite difference analysis of laminar free convection flow past a non isothermal vertical cone. Heat and Mass Transfer. 2008 Mar; 44(5):517–26.
- Gebhart B. Effects of viscous dissipation in narural convection. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 1962 Oct; 14(2):225–32.
- Soundalgekar VM, Jaiswal BS, Upkejar AG,Takhar HS.Transient free convection flow of viscous dissipative fluid past a semi-infinite inclined plate. Applied Mechanics and Engineering. 1999;4(2):203–18.
- Gokhale MY, Al Samman F M. Effects of mass transfer on the transient free convection flow of dissipative fluid along a semi-infinite vertical plate with constant heat flux, International Journal of Heat Mass Transfer 2003 Mar; 46(6):999–1011.
- Palani G. Viscous dissipative fluid past a semi-infinite vertical plate with variable surface temperature. International.Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids.2007 Dec 30; 55(12): 1157–69.
- Jha BK., Ajibade AO. Effect of viscous dissipation on natural convection flow between vertical parallel plates with time periodic boundary conditions. Thermophysics and Aeromechanics. 2011; 18(4):561–71.
- Pantokratoras A. Effect of viscous dissipation in natural convection along a heated vertical plate. Applied Mathematical Modelling. 2005 June; 29(6):553–64.
- Sparrow EM, Cess RD. The effect of a magnetic field on free convection heat Transfer. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 1961; 3(4):267–74.
- Singh AK., Sacheti NC. Finite difference analysis of unsteady hydromagnetic free convection flow with constant heat flux. Astrophysics and Space Science. 1988 Dec; 150(2):303–8.
- Sacheti NC, Chandran P, Singh AK.. An exact solution for unsteady magnetohydrodynamic free convection flow with constant heat flux. International Communication in Heat Mass Transfer. 1994 Jan-Feb; 21(1):131–42.
- Zueco J. Transient free convection with mass transfer MHD micropolar fluid in a porous plate by the network method.International. Journal for numerical methods in fluids.2008 July 10. 57(7): 861–76.
- Kayalvizhi,Anjali Devi SP. Analytical Solution of Nonlinear MHD flow past a porous sheet with prescribed Heat Flux, Viscous Dissipation, Heat Generation and Radiation Effects. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Mar; 8(5):489–94.
- Takhar HS, Soundalgekar VM. Dissipation effects on MHD free convection flow past a semi-infinite vertical plate. Applied Scienctific Research. 1980 May; 36(3): 163–72.
- El-Amin, MF. Combined effects of Viscous dissipation and Joule heating on MHD forced convection over a non-isothermal horizontal cylinder embedded in a fluid saturated porous medium. Journal of Magnetism Magnetic Materials. 2003 July; 263(3):337–43.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.