Total views : 219
Magnetic Resonance of Microstrip Line Loaded with Split Ring Resonator and Spiral Resonator
Background/Objectives: In this paper, magnetic resonance of a microstrip line loaded with planar square split ring resonator (SRR) and spiral resonator (SR) structure, printed on Rogers RO3010 substrate, has been investigated. Methods/ Statistical analysis: The electromagnetic interaction of resonators with microstrip line is examined by simulating microstrip line loaded resonators inside a waveguide with High Frequency Structure Simulator(HFSS software). Findings: The magnetic resonance in SRR/SR loaded microstrip line shifts to lower frequency region due to loading. Further it is observed that resonant frequency shifts to lower frequency region to a great extent with SR loading as compared to SRR loading. Application/Improvements: The resonant frequency in SR loaded microstrip line is much less than resonant frequency of SRR loaded microstrip line. Hence SR loading can be used to design electrically small antennas.
High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS), Magnetic resonance, Metamaterials (MTM), Microstrip Line, Split Ring Resonator (SRR), Spiral Resonator (SR).
- Eleftheriades GV, Balmain KG. Negative-refraction metamaterials: Fundamental principles and applications. New York: Wiley;2005.
- Munk BA.Metamaterials: Critique and alternatives. New York: Wiley; 2009.
- Veselago VG. The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of ε and μ. Soviet Physics Uspekhi. 1968; 10(4):509.
- Pendry JB, Holden AJ, Robbins DJ, Stewart WJ.Magnetism from conductors and enhanced nonlinear phenomena. IEEETransmission Microwave Theory Technology. 1999; 47(11):2075–84.
- Shelby RA, Smith DR, Schultz S.Experimental verification of a negative index of refraction. Science Magazine.2001; 292(5514):77–9.
- SmithDR, PadillaWJ, VierDC, Nemat-Nasser SC, SchultzS. Composite medium with simultaneously negative permeability and permittivity. Physical Review Letters.2000; 84(18):4184–7.
- Engheta N, Richard WZ.Metamaterials: Physics and engineering explorations. Wiley & Sons; 2006.
- MarquésR, MesaF, MartelJ, MedinaF. Comparative analysis of edge- and broadside-coupled split ring resonators for metamaterial design theory and experiments. IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation. 2003;51(10):2572–81.
- BilottiF, ToscanoA, VegniL.Design of spiral and multiple split-ring resonators for the realization of miniaturized metamaterial samples. IEEE Transactions On Antennas and Propagation. 2007; 55(8):2258–67.
- Rajni, Anupma M. Magnetic resonance of spiral resonators. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015; 10(13):33291–5.
- Rajni, Anupma M. Resonance characteristics and effective parameters of new left hand metamaterial.Telkomnika Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering. 2015; 15(3):407–503.
- GargTK, GuptaSC,PattnaikSS. Metamaterial loaded frequency tunable electrically small planar patch antenna.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 7(11):1738–43.
- Rajaraman G, AnithaM, MukerjeeA, SoodK, JyotiR. Dual-band, miniaturized, enhanced-gain patch antennas using differentially-loaded metastructures.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(1):11–16.
- BaenaJD, BonacheJ, MartínF, SilleroRM, LasoMAG, García J. Equivalent-circuit models for split-ring resonators and complementary split-ring resonators coupled to planar transmission lines. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques. 2005; 53(4):1451–61.
- BojanicR, JokanovicB, MilosevicV. Reconfigurable delay lines with split-ring resonators. Microwave Review. 2011; 11(2):7–12.
- Sindreu MD, NaquiJ, ParedesF, BonacheJ, Martín F. Electrically small resonators for planar metamaterial. Microwave Circuit and Antenna Design: A Comparative Analysis. Appl. Sci. 2012; 2(2):375–95.
- Jordi N,Durán SM, MartínF. Modeling Split-Ring Resonator (SRR) and Complementary Split-Ring Resonator (CSRR) loaded transmission lines exhibiting cross-polarization effects. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2013; 12:178–81.
- BojanicR, MilosevicV, JokanovicB,Mena FM, Francisco M. Enhanced modelling of Split-Ring Resonators couplings in printed circuits. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques. 2014; 62(8):1605–15.
- Rajni, Singh G, Marwaha A. Modeling of Split Ring Resonators loadedmicrostrip line with different orientations. International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2015; 5(6):1363–71.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.