Total views : 482
Performance Evaluation of Encryption/Decryption Mechanisms to Enhance Data Security
Objective: The foremost goal of this paper is to upgrade the security of information and processing speed utilizing symmetric cryptographic technique based on ASCII value while transferring of information. The idea of this paper is to produce an encoded content by giving plain text enter to symmetric cryptographic based on ASCII value and getting decoded text as original text as original text by giving encrypted text symmetric cryptographic based on ASCII value. Method: In this paper, we have proposed an algorithm which is established on the ASCII value to encode a plaintext. This algorithm randomly generates a key for the person having a length equivalent to the length of the plaintext. The randomly generated key is modified to one other key via substitution of position of key utilizing a random number and is used to decode decrypt the message of original plaintext. Finding: GUI interface was developed using Java Net Beans IDE 8.0. Entire outcomes have obtained using a computer with the following specifications: Intel Core i3 CPU and 1GB RAM. Improvement: Besides the proposed algorithm utilized for this exploration, the other chance of utilizing different algorithm will be executed in future work.
Ciphertext, Cryptography, Cyber security, Decryption, Encryption, Plaintext.
- Smith RE. Elementory Information Security. Barlington: Jones and Bartlett Learning; 2013.
- Elena A. A novel text encryption algorithm. Research in Computing Science. 2013; 68:99–101.
- Ranjan B. Information theory, coding and cryptography. New Delhi: Tata-McGraw Hill; 2008.
- Akansha M. An ASCII value based data encryption algorithm and its comparison with other symmetric data encryption algorithms. International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering. 2012; 4(9):1650–6.
- Vincent PMDR. Iqbal SA, Bhagat K, Kushwaha KK. Cryptography: A mathematical approach. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013; 6(12):5607–11.
- Swapna BS, Emeritus NS. A survey on cryptography using optimization algorithms in WSNs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(3):216–21.
- Jorge EC, Diego FS, Yeison FT. Study of cryptographic algorithms to protect electronic medical records in mobile platforms. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(21):1–7.
- Parthasarathy MB, Srinivasan B. Increased security in image cryptography using wavelet transforms. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(12):1–8.
- George DIA, Geetha JS, Mani K. Analysis and enhancement of speed in public key cryptography using message encoding algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(16):1–7.
- Thasneem PTS, Vigneswaran. FPGA implementation of hiding information using cryptography. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(18):1–6.
- Regina TSR, Britto S, Ramesh K. Enhanced elliptic curve cryptography. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(26):1–6.
- Monisha S, Kowar MK. Generation of quasigroup for cryptographic application. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009; 2(11):35–6.
- Nidhal AKEl. Text encryption based on singular value decomposition. European Academic Research. 2014; 2(4):4631–42.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.