Total views : 188
MV/LV Distribution Networks Modelling Based on Malaysian Power Network Context
In strategic planning of distribution network, the distribution planner need to evaluate the functionality of the networks on different case studies and various network conditions in order to establish an economic and reliable network. The fractal-based network model generation and Particle Swarm Optimization methods are used in this paper in order to model a distribution network considering the specified features of Malaysian electricity supply application handbook. The proposed method is able to optimize the settlement of consumers and substations based on the distribution planner desires. In the proposed approach 10000 network models have been generated for both urban and rural areas in order to find the adequate numbers of required substations. The results of the case study illustrated that the desired number of substations with acceptable range of violations are obtained from the proposed approach. The distribution network models are designed with settlement of LV consumers and optimum feeder routing from LV consumers connected to distribution transformers. Moreover, the optimum distribution transformers placement and size with optimum MV feeder routing connected to MV substation are modelled. It is concluded from the statistical analysis that proposed method could be utilized to generate the similar realistic network models for strategic assessment of distribution network planning.
Distribution Network Modelling, Fractal Network Model Generation, Minimum Spanning Tree, Particle Swarm Optimization.
- Gan CK, Mancarella P, Pudjianto D, Strbac G. Statistical Appraisal of Economic Design Strategies of LV Distribution Networks, Electric Power Systems Research, 2011; 81(7):1363-72.
- Boulaxis N, Papadopoulos M. Optimal Feeder Routing in Distribution System Planning using Dynamic Programming Technique and GIS Facilities, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 2002; 17(1):242-47. Accessed January 20, 2014. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber= 974213.
- Najafi S, Hosseinian SH, Abedi M, Vahidnia A, Abachezadeh S. A Framework for Optimal Planning in Large Distribution Networks, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems.2009; 24(2):1019-28.
- Nahman JM, Peric DM. Optimal Planning of Radial Distribution Networks by Simulated Annealing Technique, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 2008; 23(2):790-95.
- Khator SK, Leung LC. Power Distribution Planning: A Review of Models and Issues, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 1997; 12(3):1151-59.
- Islam SJ, Ghani MRA. Economical Optimization of Conductor Selection in Planning Radial Distribution Networks, Transmission and Distribution Conference, 1999 IEEE.1999; 2:858-63.
- Grenard S. Optimal Investment in Distribution Systems Operating in a Competitive Environment, PQDT - UK and Ireland, 2005.
- Tenaga National Berhad Malaysia. Electricity Supply Applicaion Handbook, TNB; 2010, p. 132.
- Hasan IJ, Shamshiri M, Gan CK, Ruddin M, Ghani A, Omar R Bin. Optimum Feeder Routing and Distribution Substation Placement and Sizing Using PSO and MST, Indian Journal of Science and Technology (IJST). 2014.
- Gan CK. Strategies for Design of Future Distribution Networks, Imperial College London, UK, 2011, p. 244. Accessed September 25, 2014. http://ethos.bl.uk/OrderDetails.do?uin=uk.bl.ethos.537192.
- Kennedy James. Particle Swarm Optimization. Encyclopedia of Machine Learning. Springer US; 2010. p. 760-66.
- Taher SA, Karimian A, Hasani M. A New Method for Optimal Location and Sizing of Capacitors in Distorted Distribution Networks using PSO Algorithm, Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory. 2011; 19(2):662-72.
- Shamshiri M, Gan CK, Jusoff K, et. al. Using Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm in the Distribution System Planning, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences (AJBAS).2013; 7(3):85-92.
- Eajal A, El-Hawary M. Optimal Capacitor Placement and Sizing in Distorted Radial Distribution Systems Part III: Numerical Results. In: 4th International Conference on Harmonics and Quality of Power (ICHQP), IEEE, 2010, p. 1-8. Data accessed: November 9, 2014. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=5625474.
- Tie CH, Gan CK. Impact of Grid-Connected Residential PV Systems on the Malaysia Low Voltage Distribution Network.In: IEEE 7th International Power Engineering and Optimization Conference (PEOCO2013), 2013; p. 670-75.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.