Total views : 342
A Review of Hierarchical Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Network
Objectives: To minimize the energy utilized for transmitting and receiving the data in wireless sensor network. The goal is to find out the best routing protocol to increase the network lifespan. This paper dealt with the detailed review of hierarchical routing protocol of wireless sensor network and compared depends on few characteristics. Methods: Minimum spanning tree approach for finding the shortest path in the network to reach the sink. Energy Optimization is an important key used to increase the lifespan of the node. A different classification approach is introduced on routing the message based on the number of hops the packets takes to reach the destination. Findings: The transmission energy was a major factor in draining the sensor node. To minimize the transmission energy, we suggest a novel approach by varying the transmission power based on the distance from the node to the cluster head. Improvements: The survey will help to develop an adaptive routing protocol suitable for real-time application. Achieving the energy efficient routing protocol will have a downfall with the delay.
Clustering based Routing, Data Aggregation, Energy Efficiency, Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Sasirekha S, Swamynathan S. A comparative study and analysis and data aggregation technique in wireless sensor network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(26).
- Heinzelman W, Chandrakaran A, Balakrishnan H. Energy-Efficient Communication Protocol for Wireless Microsensor Networks. Proceedings 33rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, HI, USA. 2000; 8. p. 110.
- Handy MJ, Haase M, Timmermann D. Low Energy Adaptive Clustering Hierarchy with Deterministic Cluster-Head Selection. Proceedings 4th International Workshop on Mobile and Wireless Communications Network, USA. 2002; 1(4):368–72.
- Heinzelman W, Chandrakaran A, Balakrishnan H. An Application- Specific Protocol Architecture for Wireless Microsensor Networks. IEEE Trans Wireless Communication. 2002; 1(4):60–70.
- kaur J, Gaba GS, Miglani R, Pasricha R. Energy Efficient and Reliable WSN based on Improved Leach-R Clustering Techniques. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(16).
- Manjeshwar A, Agrawal D. Teen: A Routing Protocol for Enhanced Efficiency in Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceedings 15th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS’01) Workshops, USA, California. 2001; 2009-2015.
- Manjeshwar A, Agrawal D. APTEEN: A Hybrid Protocol for Efficient Routing and Comprehensive Information Retrieval in Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceedings International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, Florida. 2002. p. 195–202.
- Muruganathan S, Ma D, Bhasin R, Fapojuwo A. A Centralized Energy-Efficient Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Communication Mag. 2005; 43(3):8–13.
- Younis O, Fahmy S. HEED: A hybrid energy efficient distributed clustering approach for adhoc sensor networks. IEEE Tran Mobile Computing. 2004 Dec; 3(4):366–79.
- Li CF, Ye M, Chen GH, Wu J. An Energy Efficient Unequal Clustering Mechanism for Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on MASS, Washington, DC. 2005 Nov 7-10. P. 596–604.
- Vijayan K, Raaza A. A Novel Cluster Arrangement Energy Efficient Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(2).
- Lotf J, Bonab M, Khorsandi S. A Novel Cluster-based Routing Protocol with Extending Lifetime for Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceeding 5th IFIP International Conference on Wireless and Optical Communications Networks (WOCN08), East Java Indonesia, Surabaya. 2006; 1–5.
- Kandris D, Tsioumas P, Tzes A, Nikolakopoulos G, Vergados DD. Power Conservation Through Energy Efficient Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks. Sensors. 2009; 9(9):7320–42.
- Thenmozhi E, Audithan S. Energy Efficient Cluster Head Selection and Data Convening in Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(15).
- Munusamy K, Parvathi RMS, Chandramohan K. Least Power Adaptive Hierarchy Cluster Framework for Wireless Sensor Network using Frequency Division Multiplexing channelization. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(6).
- Lindsey S, Raghavendra C. PEGASIS: Power-Efficient GAthering in Sensor Information Systems. Proceedings IEEE Aerospace Conference, USA, Montana. 2002; 3:1125–30.
- Jung S, Han Y, Chung T. The Concentric Clustering Scheme for Efficient Energy Consumption in the PEGASIS. Proceedings 9th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, Gangwon-Do. 2007; 1. p. 260–5.
- Almazaydeh L, Abdelfattah E, Al-Bzoor M, Al-Rahayfeh A. Performance Evaluation of Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. Computer Science and Information Technology. 2010; 2(2): 64–73.
- Wu Y, Fahmy S, Shroff N. Energy Efficient Sleep/Wake Scheduling for Multi-Hop Sensor Networks: non-Convexity and Approximation Algorithm. Proceedings 26th Annual IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2007), Anchorage, Alaska. 2007. p. 1568–76.
- Tan HO, Korpeoglu I. Power efficient data gathering and aggregation in wireless sensor networks. ACM SIGMOD Rec. 2003 Dec; 32(4):66–71.
- Zhao S, Wu J, Zhang J, Liu L, Tian K. A General Self-Organized Tree-Based Energy-Balance Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Network. IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science. 2014 Apr; 61(2):732–40.
- Al-Karaki JN, Mustafa R, Kamal A. Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks Exact and Approximate Algorithms. Proceedings IEEE Workshop High Performance Switching and Routing 2004, Phoenix, AZ. 2004; 241–5.
- Luo H, Ye F, Cheng J, Lu S, Zhang L. TTDD: Two-Tier Data Dissemination in Large-Scale Wireless Sensor Networks. Wireless Networks, Springer Netherlands. 2005; 11(1):161–75.
- Sharma TP, Joshi RC, Misra M. GBDD: Grid Based Data Dissemination in Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceedings 16th International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communications (ADCOM 2008), Chennai, India. 2008; 234–40.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.